Anaconda or Corvette?

There's no real way to avoid it, the Corvette is a better combat ship than the Conda or Cutter. As someone in the other thread said: "The only downside is the jump range." Which is pretty much true. Remove that downside and what do you end up with?

Better how? I've yet to see an argument that isn't just over inflating the importance of some marginal benefit like agility or hardpoint placement or SCB stacking (which you can do on any of the big 4 with similar results). Really it's just one of 2 big ships that can take being rammed or focused due to sufficiently large base shields. The other being the Cutter, over which it has a marginal but functionally not-significant agility advantage, and a very significant and meta-centric speed and base shield disadvantage.

In my opinion owning a Corvette (or several other Fed ships) REQUIRES grinding for the Guardian Frame Shift Drive Booster.
Once you have a few engineers unlocked and that booster in hand, you can make almost any ship (within reason) into what you want.

This is essentially true, but since the Corvette isn't best in class in any regard, it can only ever have middling values on any stat so if you are going for middle of the road ship, then the Vette is one that doesn't have any glaring weaknesses except wasting your time getting to the fight and being unable to keep pace with and hence be a threat to medium ships.

Better how? I've yet to see an argument that isn't just over inflating the importance of some marginal benefit like agility or hardpoint placement or SCB stacking (which you can do on any of the big 4 with similar results). Really it's just one of 2 big ships that can take being rammed or focused due to sufficiently large base shields. The other being the Cutter, over which it has a marginal but functionally not-significant agility advantage, and a very significant and meta-centric speed and base shield disadvantage.

This is essentially true, but since the Corvette isn't best in class in any regard, it can only ever have middling values on any stat so if you are going for middle of the road ship, then the Vette is one that doesn't have any glaring weaknesses except wasting your time getting to the fight and being unable to keep pace with and hence be a threat to medium ships.
But it has 2 Huge hardpoints, which is cool. Being cool > being practical.

So you're not just begging for jump range, you're also begging for the Corvette to have even bigger combat advantages over the other three.

So you're not just begging for jump range, you're also begging for the Corvette to have even bigger combat advantages over the other three.
Not even close to what I was saying. I'm arguing for over all game balance, not pure buffs to specific ships. However that is achieved doesn't really matter to me. But to answer your question, it's one or the other, not both.

It has another pretty significant advantage over the Conda, it runs cooler. Either way you are entitled to your opinion, we are entitled to ours, both are subjective, as is personal experience.

The practical difference is higher due to the different hardpoint layouts. The Conda's 3 larges and 1 huge tend to generate more heat than the 1 large and 2 huges on the Vette, depending on the weapons you use of course.

I use both the Corvette and the Cutter for combat. You can't really go wrong.

I cannot go back inside the Anaconda. Just spend too much time in one before 1.5.

I think what I like about both the Vette and Cutter are the wide variety of fixed weapons you can use on them.

Vette has better shields with the same generator, and can equip bigger banks.

The extra armor the Conda is only a minor advantage.

Even assuming competent builds, and equally skilled pilots, the Vettes gonna win in a PvP encounter via tanking alone.

4500mj on a Conda = ~6000mj on the Vette, With the same generator. That’s before two size 7 shield banks(vs the condas size 6s) and maybe a 6.

Back to the T10... total PvE contender, man.

The practical difference is higher due to the different hardpoint layouts. The Conda's 3 larges and 1 huge tend to generate more heat than the 1 large and 2 huges on the Vette, depending on the weapons you use of course.

Yup, lower damage totals usually amount to less heat. Eg, putting all PAs in those slots results in 17% less heat per second but also 17% less DPS when comparing those 3 hardpoints to the 4 on the Conda. However, weapon choice, ToT ability, engineering mod, and environmental circumstances will overshadow almost any difference to the point where a 1% difference in heat capacity is negligible.

Side note: I just noticed from your sig that you have the same Vette name as mine! Named mine that way because it looks kinda like a sword from above, though the name is more bark than bite.

My only request is that FDev adds a delay option to stagger the activation of weapons in the same firegroup (so, say, my Huge Cannons fire alternatively rather than simultaneously).

Imho, if you want a ship to travel far and wide, the Conda is for you. For everything else I'd take the Vette. I had a Conda for about a year but sold it to buy a Vette after test driving it during the last beta. The Vette is now a big money maker for me. I have another ship for exploration now.

Not even close to what I was saying. I'm arguing for over all game balance, not pure buffs to specific ships. However that is achieved doesn't really matter to me. But to answer your question, it's one or the other, not both.

You're arguing for homogenization rather than balance. The ships are already fairly well balanced within their role groups. You can't look at a Corvette and say "I need more jump range because of Condas" Conda isn't in the same role group as the Corvette, and neither is the Cutter. The only reason they are being compared is because they're of a similar size and price range.

Last edited:
Any engineered Corvette owner is going to own an Anaconda anyways because why not? It is nice having the same modules for those two ships! I do feel the Corvette is a superior ship in combat over the Anaconda though.

I dunno my Conda feels quite nimble.Was thinking about getting the Vette but I'm more than satisfied with my Conda.If i want to around I just fly my Vulture,all engineered ofc.

I fitted a C7 fuel scoop on my Corvette. I don't see the problem with my 18ly range anymore. It takes time to get from point A to point B, but I like the ship too much. I do buy the odd ship now and then and engineer it, but I always end up selling it and go back to the Corvette.

I have all the big 4(type 10 sux) a rated and fully g5 engineered and for pve combat the vette wins hands down and by a long shot. On average I take about 100 elite wing assasination missions a week by myself(system cops stopped helping me lol) and have tried all 3 out with similar loadouts of mostly oc mcs and lr beams. The vette takes elite fdls down faster and has more shields/scbs left at the end of a skirmish and turns significantly not marginally better. The cutter turns like a oil tanker and the condas not much better. The vette feels like a medium ship in its agility and I have no trouble nailing the 3-4 vultures after wasting the fdls even lil sideys are easy to swat down. I dont use turrets on any of my ships most have fixed but I do use some gimbals on large ships.

If I could clone myself 3x and face up against my clones piloting the other 3 i could likely take out all of them as a wing and still have a scb or 2 left....joking haha I'd prolly die :) but 1v1 they'd be dead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom