Newcomer / Intro My 250th attempt to land on a base station, I've now figured out that you need a buggy landed about another 10 times before I realised you actually ha

My 250th attempt to land on a base station, I've now figured out that you need a buggy landed about another 10 times before I realised you actually had to buy one first, bought a buggy and now I've landed again took me three quarters of an hour to find out how to deploy the buggy and here I am with my finger on the deploy button and it STILL won't deploy Just about giving up on this all together the idea of even landing on a planet anyone know how to deploy a buggy apart from hitting the deploy button because that's obviously not the answer. You have to wonder what sort of cretin design this game

Deleted member 38366

D
1st : to land at a "Base Station" aka Planetary Base you don't need an SRV.
Request docking within 7500m via Contacts Panel from the Planetary Base and you get a Pad assigned, just like at a normal Station.
Exceptions are smaller Planetary Installations which aren't dockable, those have a different Symbol in the System Map and no Facilities listed there as well.

2nd : Requirements to land on a Planet and deploy the SRV
a) physically land on the Planet Surface (Engines will auto-shutdown and the Ship go silent)
b) ensure you have enough Power to the Vehicle Hangar (Power Priorities) and that the Module isn't powered down (failure of any of above will result on the "Deploy" button to be greyed out)

But with the Module powered up and correctly landed (which is kinda obvious, SRV can't be deployed while Ship is still flying above Ground), it should deploy.

1st : to land at a "Base Station" aka Planetary Base you don't need an SRV.
Request docking within 7500m via Contacts Panel from the Planetary Base and you get a Pad assigned, just like at a normal Station.

2nd : Requirements to land on a Planet and deploy the SRV
a) physically land on the Planet Surface (Engines will auto-shutdown and the Ship go silent)
b) ensure you have enough Power to the Vehicle Hangar (Power Priorities) and that the Module isn't powered down (failure of any of above will result on the "Deploy" button to be greyed out)

But with the Module powered up and correctly landed (which is kinda obvious, SRV can't be deployed while Ship is still flying above Ground), it should deploy.
Nah, you've missed the many, many other posts previous to this.

My engine was still running and couldn't figure how to switch it off so I guess it wasn't landed properly. I'll have a go another time
Lol we called it!

Are you definately landed?*
*Suspect this might be the problem.

Edit: I agree - I don't think he's landed, shame his pics are so .... non-optimal

Someone tell him about landing gear etc, looks like he decided to ignore all the landing tutorials people game in the last few threads he started about this...

So he has allot of questions, and one post for each.
He joined just this month, so give him some slack.
Asking many questions is not the problem, he is at least trying and not throwing in the towel just yet.
And hes attempting photo evidence of his issue which is more then most i've seen.

Sure we may explain in detail what he needs to do, but hes juggling multiple threats and the game at the same time. Pretty sure its a white water rapid of confusion right now.

So he has allot of questions, and one post for each.
He joined just this month, so give him some slack.
Asking many questions is not the problem, he is at least trying and not throwing in the towel just yet.
And hes attempting photo evidence of his issue which is more then most i've seen.

Sure we may explain in detail what he needs to do, but hes juggling multiple threats and the game at the same time. Pretty sure its a white water rapid of confusion right now.
OP is getting help and answers.
Also getting a bit of 'ribbing', but taking it.
And sticking with it. (y)

I have found that I can't deploy the SRV from some ships on anything but the flattest of surfaces, I just get the grey button so frequently that I gave up and use ships for mats gathering which I know will deploy easily. Cobra, Sidewinder are easy, but even my trusty T6 struggles sometimes. Annoying but seems the norm for some ships from my limited experience.

When I used the AspX, before I ditched it for a better ship, I was always finding terrain clipping issues vs the ship's landing gear. I had to check the landing gear with the external camera, because if I tried to deploy the srv when clipping occured, the buggy trashy vehicle would just fall down through space.

Just as an aside, the thread title can be much shorter than the starting sentence of your question. For instance, you could have titled this "Landing at bases question".

Not being condescending, just saying.

My engine was still running and couldn't figure how to switch it off so I guess it wasn't landed properly. I'll have a go another time
There does seem to be a glitch sometimes. Landing on a planet surface your aided by the blue circle and ship turning blue indicating that you've found a suitable landing spot and the ship is in the correct hovering position. However I've gone to touchdown and the engines don't always turn off. Sometimes using more down thruster, ship alignment or moving the landing spot a little corrects this. Once the engines are off have fun in the Surface Recon Vehicle!

There does seem to be a glitch sometimes. Landing on a planet surface your aided by the blue circle and ship turning blue indicating that you've found a suitable landing spot and the ship is in the correct hovering position. However I've gone to touchdown and the engines don't always turn off. Sometimes using more down thruster, ship alignment or moving the landing spot a little corrects this. Once the engines are off have fun in the Surface Recon Vehicle!
Sometimes going FA-off can fix that.

Top Bottom