Questions About Asset Transfer

As I understand it, Frontier offers a one-time transfer of credits from one account to another. My questions about this are:

1) Does this need to happen when starting a new CMDR save, or can I do this at any time? For example, if I start a new CMDR on PC and leave my PS4 CMDR untouched, then at a later date decide that I want a fleet carrier and can really use the credits from my PS4 account, can I get those credits transferred over even though I've made progress on my PC account?

2) Does the credit transfer take in account our physical assets (ships and modules), or should I liquefy those assets myself before requesting a transfer? Specifically, will it automatically convert the value of all my ships into credits? If so, is this based on the value of the ship or the sales price? If the latter, then I suspect it would be wiser to sell the ships myself, first selling the modules to get the best value.

3) Transferring credits from PS4 to PC will completely wipe out my PS4 CMDR save, yes? I'll still be in the game, but as a Harmless Sidewinder CMDR, IIRC.

Only money/credits transfer at one time only, nothing else...

Yes assets need to be sold before you move account nothing but money Transfers...

The PS4 account will be Wiped to Zero on every thing but the Account will still exist as they can't touch the PSN - fontier server link account status only the data on there server which is zero'd...

When transfer takes place the PC account is reset to zero then the Credits added...

Thats the Current status of account transfer...

PS Does this mean you have finalised the replacement laptop choice then... be interested in the URL for the build you picked... and what its second hand/refurbished price would be over brand new...

When transfer takes place the PC account is reset to zero then the Credits added...
Hmmm.... I don't think I'm ready to wipe my Playstation account until I'm sure that PC is my new "home" forever. I guess I'll just have to grind out these credits from scratch on PC!

PS Does this mean you have finalised the replacement laptop choice then... be interested in the URL for the build you picked... and what its second hand/refurbished price would be over brand new...
No decision yet. If I go down this road, it'll likely be a Black Friday sale, so I'm not going to get too invested in selecting brands and configurations until November. But I figured now is a good time to research the big-picture questions regarding ED on PC.

Why would you want to transfer the credits and wipe the PS4 account?
With your knowledge on the game you can get 2 billions in a weekend. Or more.

Why would you want to transfer the credits and wipe the PS4 account?
With your knowledge on the game you can get 2 billions in a weekend. Or more.
I only care about "billions" when it comes to these new fleet carriers. I don't like using "get rich quick" exploits and gimmicks (like void opals), so I make money way slower than the average CMDR.

But if I can't transfer credits at my leisure (since it would wipe out any progress I make on the PC end), then I don't see a point in transferring them. I guess I'll be sleeping on the sofa in someone else's fleet carrier, LOL.

The other consideration for me is that I'm not giving up console gaming to become a PC gamer. When the PS5 comes out, I plan to get one, but if I'm playing ED on PC at that point, I may wait a year or two for the prices to come down and the bugs to be worked out. The point being that I might someday want to come back to ED on the Playstation, even if just for something fun like a 5 year reunion, so it would be nice to have my fleet intact. Especially considering all the $$ invested in cosmetics.

Though on the other hand, I'm a bit peed off with Sony right now... I'm half tempted to switch to XBox just out of spite!

No decision yet. If I go down this road, it'll likely be a Black Friday sale, so I'm not going to get too invested in selecting brands and configurations until November. But I figured now is a good time to research the big-picture questions regarding ED on PC.
Per a thread elsewhere in these halls. I’d be really interested to hear where you go with this. If you didn’t mind giving me an update of course. :)

Badger

I found starting from scratch on PC was a good way to check out the new starter area. Always busy and made money the old fashioned way just doing courier missions.

When I queried, admittedly a while ago, FDev said it'd wipe my PS4 save and transfer credits and special decals (Fuel Rats, Expo etc) only.
So all purchases gone, engineering unlocks gone, rank gone, imp/fed/Alliance rep gone, paid store content gone.
This part I knew, but I wasn't sure if it would also wipe my PC save. It sounds like it would, thus I'd have to do it on day one.

That's okay, I can live without a fleet carrier. I'll just have to make friends with some rich CMDRs who will let me borrow theirs from time to time.

And who knows, maybe someday Frontier will give us cross-platform play and I'll be able to log in as OneOldDuck from my PC or XBox!

Why would you play on a PC then on a PS4? You grind that out and now you start again. Or is youre Ps4 dead?

I played on the "PC" version originally as a Mac / OSX user, before the PS4 version launched. Then started on PS4 as I had a bunch of existing friends all wanting to start it too. PS4 became my main game, as FDev dropped OSX support and my little MacBook Air couldn't realistically partition to bootcamp, so my "PC" account was idle.
I've now got a win10 laptop, so play on PC-proper sometimes, mostly if a Fuel Rat cases pops up in Colonia where that account is based.

No point in wiping either IMO, and would only wipe the PS4 account if say all support was dropped for PS5, and no point in keeping it about.

I started from scratch: Sidewinder -> High RES -> AspX -> Void Opals -> T9 -> Painite -> on-demand money at 100MCr+/hr.

The only tedious bit was the engineers but I never honestly even considered any sort of account transfer, it was just simpler to do it all over again on PC than to ponder if I would ever miss my PS4 save.

Now that you can go from start to Elite billionaire in a single session, credit and rank transfer aren't needed anymore.

Now that you can go from start to Elite billionaire in a single session, credit and rank transfer aren't needed anymore.
Yeah, but I don't like grinding for credits, nor do I like taking advantage of exploits. That's okay, as some of my favorite ships are the small ones! Even if I stay on PS4, I don't see a fleet carrier in my future anytime soon.

The real grind will be unlocking all these engineers again.... :eek:

Speaking of PS4, I was at Deciat last night and this morning and the place was empty. This really does feel like an abandoned platform these days.

Painite mining isn't an exploit. It's normal gameplay and the rewards were planned and expected according to FD. Presumably, something is coming where you'll need a boatload of cash, so you might as well get it now.

Why would you play on a PC then on a PS4?
The community. It's a smaller community, for sure, but it's the community I've "grown up" with since buying ED back in 2017. Like I said, I'd probably just use the PS4 version for special occasions like a PS4 reunion, etc.

Then again, most of the PS4 players I know have switched to PC or Warframe or RDR2 or NMS...

Someday, if the PS5 can give us something closer to PC graphics, then I might be tempted to switch back to console as my primary ED platform, just because I tend to prefer the ease and simplicity of console gaming (and that frees up my laptop to do other things while I'm sitting in supercruise).

Top Bottom