Who would do This?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
These are what got me my real starting money in the game. I found 2 stations that had data delivery missions for the colonia area. I stacked 20-25 (whatever the max is/was) at 2-3 mil a piece. I did a hard burn for colonia and make it there in about a week of normal play time.

I went from a DBX to alliance challenger! I later did it again and bought a krait! I like the idea of going way out and coming back to 1 huge payoff. Currently I am steaming back from BP and I plan to use the LYR 300% bonus to hand in my exploration data for well over a billion credits.

Obviously there are faster and more efficient ways to earn (I have done a fair amount of mining, both traditional and core), but staking a lot on a big voyage is one of my favorites. Makes me feel like a proper pioneer/ space entrepreneur

Well, I took the bait. I hadn't seen any of these missions — that is until I saw this thread. I was at an Imperial station and saw several missions to a number of systems around Colonia. Figured what the heck and jumped on it. I'm almost there. I have about 95 jumps left before I get to the first system and still have till Tuesday afternoon to get them done. I'm hoping to be all done delivering their data by tomorrow night so I can start the grind back. I've mostly just been jumping as fast as possible to get there sooner. But on the way out so far I've got several "First Discovered/First Mapped" and will be happy to turn in that data when I arrive at my first stop. On the way back I think I'll try for the core of the galaxy and perhaps see some cool sights while gathering as much cartographic info as possible.

So, this system I've been chilling in has had a whole grip of lucrative courier missions for Colonia. I haven't bit, but 20 mil bonus for flying out thatta way wouldn't be terrible including all of the explo data on the way. Bruh! Open your mind!

20 mil for an hour - maybe.
A flight to colonia is a minimum of 76 jumps and that's assuming you use the neutron highway. And then you got to fly back.

In other words 20 mil just ain't worth a day of time and grind.

I've learned a lot from this thread. Money earned from scanning systems along the way (most of which have probably already been discovered). Stacking of courier missions - not as easy as some may believe especially if you want to stack 20. And a few other good points I don't recall.

And it all boils down to - not worth the time or grind.

Each to his own.

OH... Don't call me Bruh. What is that anyway?

20 mil bonus along with the exploration data. You wouldn't get it. It's an explorer thing, bro and I didn't call you bruh. It's an exclamation of exasperation, not a title.

There are always some extreme end missions. You can take them or leave them. Kill 90 ships, fly 25K LY for 50m so person X can look at something. Then fly 25K back to drop him off. That's a 50K LY round trip for 50m or 1 million for every 1 thousand LY. Obviously it's not about the money at that point.

I'd like to see the high payout tied to a clock, like you'd have to use the super highway to get the high end pay, 150m Cr hour stuff.

So - I just have to ask: Who would take such a mission? Who?

And better yet - Why?

Someone who is flying to Colonia anyway and wants to make about 20m as a bonus? I mean sure you can make more by sticking some passenger cabins in a cargo ship and selling them after you drop your passengers off but you can fly courier missions in anything.

20 mil bonus along with the exploration data. You wouldn't get it. It's an explorer thing, bro and I didn't call you bruh. It's an exclamation of exasperation, not a title.

Since you have "start conversation" turned off in your profile I'll just respond publicly.

fu9ar said:
Bruh! Open your mind!

Hmm... appears that calling me Bruh is exactly what you did.

Must really suck to be you and not be able to comprehend English. Either that or you (I'll be PC here) mis-spoke and got caught at it.

I know exactly what Bruh means and it appears you don't. But just to keep this short it's gutter/ghetto speak and is a pretty good indicator of your level of education and poor manners since you choose to use it. I'd go into more detail if I were inclined towards being banned but at this juncture I'm not. Welcome to my ignore list - Not that you care.

Last edited:
Since you have "start conversation" turned off in your profile I'll just respond publicly.

Hmm... appears that calling me Bruh is exactly what you did.

Must really suck to be you and not be able to comprehend English. Either that or you (I'll be PC here) mis-spoke and got caught at it.

I know exactly what Bruh means and it appears you don't. But just to keep this short it's gutter/ghetto speak and is a pretty good indicator of your level of education and poor manners since you choose to use it. I'd go into more detail if I were inclined towards being banned but at this juncture I'm not. Welcome to my ignore list - Not that you care.
People in the US been saying 'bruh' the same way one might say 'oh my god'. Also if he called you bruh, it wouldn't be any worse of meaning than dude or man. It's not something people take offense to. Chill bruh, you don't have to be so uptight.

That was as calling you 'bruh'.

People in the US been saying 'bruh' the same way one might say 'oh my god'. Also if he called you bruh, it wouldn't be any worse of meaning than dude or man. It's not something people take offense to. Chill bruh, you don't have to be so uptight.

That was as calling you 'bruh'.

I've never heard a single person in the US that I know say Bruh. It's ghetto speak. And I do take offense at it and many others I know do too. Then again, since I don't hang out in ghettos it is probable that I never will hear anyone say it and it's unfortunate that I have to deal with it in this forum.

The only place bruh is even defined is in the Urban Dictionary and that doesn't define it the way you or fu9ar seem to think it means. It has 2 definitions and the #1 definition is clearly an insult.

Perhaps you and are confusing bruh with bro. Bruh is not Bro. Two different words with two different meanings and usage. In neither case am I your nor 's Bro. And I am most definitely not your Bruh! I consider both to be an insult and a poor choice of words in any conversation that takes place with persons one is not familiar with.

Only reason I've heard it used is I have teenage kids. Them and their friends and kids on Fortnite say it alot. Might just be an east coast thing who knows. My generation would use it like a more slackerish way of saying bro, like the phonetic spelling of the pronunciation

Last edited:
Choosing to take offense to something is a decision that you made that has nothing to do with us

Whether or not one is offended is NOT the issue. The issue is choosing to use ghetto/gutter speak on this forum, a forum that is in my experience one of the most civilized forums I have ever had the pleasure to participate on in the almost 40 years I've been doing forums or BBS' as they were called way back when. It is sad that the gutter level b.astardized language used these days is becoming mainstream. It's a snowball rolling downhill and growing larger and larger the further it goes - in this case it's just more and more sheep jumping on the bandwagon. More's the pity.

This is a discussion I for one would like to continue as it involves cultural issues, the evolution of language and maybe a few more issues I've not even considered.

However, this is not the place for that discussion. AND since I am the original poster I'm going to ask the moderators to lock this thread.

The ghetto only refers to poor neighborhoods and their inhabitants. You make it sound like you have something against people that are financially challenged.

Whether or not one is offended is NOT the issue. The issue is choosing to use ghetto/gutter speak on this forum, a forum that is in my experience one of the most civilized forums I have ever had the pleasure to participate on in the almost 40 years I've been doing forums or BBS' as they were called way back when. It is sad that the gutter level b.astardized language used these days is becoming mainstream. It's a snowball rolling downhill and growing larger and larger the further it goes - in this case it's just more and more sheep jumping on the bandwagon. More's the pity.

This is a discussion I for one would like to continue as it involves cultural issues, the evolution of language and maybe a few more issues I've not even considered.

However, this is not the place for that discussion. AND since I am the original poster I'm going to ask the moderators to lock this thread.
Sir, you should see how they talk in this ganker Discord I was somehow invited to. Your pacemaker would explode.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom