Sell Elite: Dangerous; give me a number.

Does anyone seriously expect FD to respond to this? On the forum?
If the OP was even marginally serious, his lawyers would be making the offers to FD's, not making noise in a forum.

Hello FD,

Just as the title says. What number would you sell Elite: Dangerous for? Or are you willing to spin it off into a subsidiary?

I know the engine is proprietary and only the subsidiary spinoff would be viable to use the Cobra engine. But as a sale, Elite: Dangerous could be rewritten in a different engine and take advantage of its features. Algorithms, design, and mechanisms would be needed to reimplement the game in another engine. And with new engine, the developers would be able to coordinate with the engine creators to implement features specific to Elite: Dangerous.

Why use a third party engine? Using a third party engine would split responsibilities into two companies. The engine company would focus specifically on engine features, including implementing features necessary for Elite: Dangerous, as stated above, and fix engine bugs as they pop up, not only to support Elite: Dangerous, but other clients they may have. Having other clients is a huge incentive for fixing bugs because licensing is how they make their money.

I ask this because FD doesn't seem to have the time or resources to properly develop and manage Elite: Dangerous. It is an incredible game and could become so much more if it had the proper resources and talent.

Oh, rock me Amadeus. Do share the title of your last AAA title. I’ll take the title of your last AA release.

Hades, I’ll settle for the university that bestowed your MBA.

This is why we have the help groups for those sufferers of space madness. Obviously one poor soul has slipped the net.
Stare into the abyss too long, and the abyss stares back at you... what follows is an awkward silence, both of you afraid to look away, yet also equally terrified of holding eye contact... and then, the moment is over and the abyss swipes right... or is it left... you blink in confusion, and wonder where RELSPI is.

That's a misleading comparison, as that's creating an engine to work within the confines of an existing game. This is about just putting ED on another engine that wasn't built for it.

Huge difference.

That is a fair point. OP's idea definitely is ridiculous.

You could just use Cryengine or Unity and recreate Elite yourself. Once everything is working and you showed FDEV how it's vastly superior to their game they'll gladly buy it.

Infinity Battlescape uses the Nova engine. The planets are full size, have much more detail and atmospheric landings. Shows what can be done. Its about to go early access on Steam. There are trailers on Steam and YouTube.

Infinity Battlescape uses the Nova engine. The planets are full size, have much more detail and atmospheric landings. Shows what can be done. Its about to go early access on Steam. There are trailers on Steam and YouTube.
One question... Does it scale?

One question... Does it scale?

Not sure what you mean. It has no loading screens, so you can fly from space to the planet surface seamlessly and objects just get bigger (like ED without the loading screen and with mote detail). Take a look at the videos on YouTube.

Not sure what you mean. It has no loading screens, so you can fly from space to the planet surface seamlessly and objects just get bigger (like ED without the loading screen and with mote detail). Take a look at the videos on YouTube.
How many systems?
How many players per instance (or per universe I guess if it's one)?
You know, the usual questions.

I will look, of course, but not tonight.
Thing is, games come and games go, with legs, atmospheres, cities, big worlds, fancy worlds, and with no loading screens (or maybe cleverly hidden ones), but in the end, there is only one Elite Dangerous.

... but if ED was ported to the Unreal engine it could get much more pew-pew and running around... ED: UT 5 - Dangerous!

I don't really see the point of insulting a game developer by asking how much they would sell the IP for as they seem unable to manage developing it... It does sound very much like the sour grapes of a player who expected the game to be what it isn't... FD are managing the game in the way they wish it to go, if it isn't the way any particular player likes it the usual answers... either 'git gud' or 'perhaps this isn't the game for you', spring to mind.

...but thanks for a pleasant 5 minute diversion.

Top Bottom