Release EDDiscovery 17.X is now out! New Spansh intergrations - 3dMap from spansh data, Station panel

umTIhXy.jpg

Roccat style power grid - EDD web powered - coming in 11.0

This works nicely with my ancient Nexus and lets me do things in game.
I understand (at a basic level) how EDD gets the information from the journal files to update itself but (in simple terms) how does it feed back into the game?
Asking for a 'technically challenged' friend ;)

Hi,
I installed EDDiscovery, but after downloading EDSM database, it seems to be stuck at this state. I can use it, but i can't close it, says "
EDDiscovery is updating the EDSM and EDDB databases. Press OK to close now, Cancel to wait until update is complete". And constantly uses 15% of my cpu. Tried to let it run all night, and still in this state. I checked my ressources monitor and it doesn't seem to use any bandwith, only CPU.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    106.9 KB · Views: 226
I killed the process to close EEDiscovery cause i wasn't able to close it normally (as described above) and when i restarted it, got exactly the same issue than Inner)*(Silence. Stuck at 20200000 on updating EDSM star Database, no bandwith usage nor disk access for the process, only CPU usage.

Mine is currently on 40,809,108 and still chugging away since last night. :)

ETA: are you sure it's stuck? The counter on mine doesn't change constantly, it goes up in chunks.

I killed the process to close EEDiscovery cause i wasn't able to close it normally (as described above) and when i restarted it, got exactly the same issue than Inner)*(Silence. Stuck at 20200000 on updating EDSM star Database, no bandwith usage nor disk access for the process, only CPU usage.
I close EDD from menu and launch again.
The program started downloading the database again, and the pat update continued.
Now i have 28800000

Any source for info on for example the functions of icons on the webserver (which is a great addition)? I can't see anything about it on the Wiki and I am reluctant to click/touch something that might engage self-destruct. ;)

EDIT: Ignore the above, found the webserver page on the wiki: :oops:

Last edited:
The rout finder shows the start and end system properly but every thing in between is just shown as "WAYPOINT", even tried to copy and paste just to see what happened, confused me when it took me to the system Sirius untill I found out it has a gas giant named "WAYPOINT".

Well things happen, hope its not a big hassle to fix.
I do have a suggestion for that rout plotter though, I find it works well in conjunction with the fuel synthesis for rout plotting, but one thing I think would be real nice to see is the star type for each jump, to be able to see just where you can and can't fuel scoop. Any possibility of getting some thing like that added?
And perhaps some time in the future maybe a setting to use only scoopable stars unless no other alternative.

My DB update never completed - checking the files in \users\[user]\appdata\EDDiscovery\ I could see a new sqlite database file being created, but it kept deleting itself after awhile. After 24+ hours of my disk crunching at 100% I quit the process as it made everything else crawl from that disk. Tried reinstalling the app and same problem. I'm trying 11.0.3 now as it was just released.

Anybody know if the versions above 10.6.0 i.e. 11.0.* will ever display the total number of discovered star systems in green font like before??? I mean with the version up to 10.6.0 it was like 40million plus a few hundred thousand something in green font - now it never diplays this green total number. I left it running overnight on 2 PCs and it only displays EDSM update complete with xyza systems jut a few thousands only:
fomlJFD.png

Last edited:
I have asked this before (in different situations) but can we please get the History View window to remember the column widths that we set? There is wasted space in the game time column for a start and I narrow the Description column to give me a wider Information column - I now have to do this every time I load EDD.

Every since I updated to 11.0.1.0 on September 8th the star map color keeps defaulting to red. Just updated to 11.0.3.0 and it is the same thing.

I highlight line 1 then right click; then in the popup box left click star map color. In the popup box change the color to green and click okay. Go back and check it and the color is red again.

It seems to me there use to be an option under the settings tab to change this. If it is still there I can not find it anyplace.

It is annoying to have to go in everyday and select all entries for that day and change them to green. I definitely never had to do this prior to upgrading to 11.0.1.0 after I changed the map color to a new color.

Top Bottom