The road to 3000

I installed SectorLister. Now I am trying to figure out what the best way is to exclude all the neighbor systems I am not interested in. So far I tried the first method, single sector filtering. But here I need to find all the sub-sectors in the galmap, like OOSCS FREAU WN-R a32, OOSCS FREAU XQ-W B15 and so on, which I wanna exclude. I am only interested in OOSCS FREAU ZY-S D3.

If I use the 2nd method, isolating a system, I get way too many systems, since I don't know what the max amount for each H,G,F,E,A systems is.

This looks like a lot of preparation before I even can take off. I guess I have not totally understood the system yet.

I just figured it out. I do it the other way around. Add the systems I have not visited as visited to the directory and filter the systems by Visited. Then I only see the systems of the sector I am interested in. Off I go and scan away.lol

Thanks Chiggy, I appreciate it.

Ab Imo Pectore

CMDR Steyla

I don't know how you guys do it. It seams to take forever to finish 'my' cube. Systems total : 13,162 - Remaining: 9,921 - Ratio: 1:67

After a year, I'm nearly there ...

0H5FI38.png

That's what I appreciate about this section of the forum; regardless of outside events and possibly calamitous updates, it's business as usual for longtime explorers.
I have to admit...this was worst "update" I've seen (maybe even worse than the blue blobs)...I was trying to mine a bit...pffft back to ZUNOU...

But is that because you always find two at a time? ;)
Actually, yeah. Looking at the numbers now, there are 3,786 ELMs on EDSM (a few of those would be terraformed worlds though) and 6,152 binary ELWs. Which means 3,076 binary pairs. So when it comes to systems containing ELMs versus systems containing binary pairs, the latter are a bit more rare.
Oh, and these are out of a total of 193,274 ELWs. So ELMs are 1.96% of that, and binary pairs are 1.59%.
Fun fact: we know of just one pair of binary Earth-like moons. Myumbao AA-A h362, discovered by CMDR ReggieNoble. He kind of specializes in looking for rare Earth-likes.

Last edited:
I didn't say binary, I said doubles, of which binaries are about half of that total, i was also counting 2 ELWs around the same star, and 2 ELWs orbiting different stars. All numbers being what I have experienced personally, not from EDSM.

Last edited:
I didn't say binary, I said doubles, of which binaries are about half of that total, i was also counting 2 ELWs around the same star, and 2 ELWs orbiting different stars. All numbers being what I have experienced personally, not from EDSM.
Ah, in that case, you meant double ELW systems. Binary planets are also called double planets. (Or rather, double planets are also called binary planets - without an official definition from the IAU, it's a bit vague.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom