Patch Notes September Update - Patch 2

I think I’m going to have a little lie down. Wake me up in 2020.

BTW, there are 11 confirmations on the missing discovery tags yet the issue is still “Confirming”.
Does FD have to manually set it to confirmed?
Here is the topic:

And here is the issue:
I think your Wake up will be HORROR !!!

Oh wow, I'm missing not only 400 arx/week into "The Abyss" but such a fun too :D

...damn, I can't fly because you do fixes there .. >: please wait some, i will be back in 3-4 weeks :D

Well, it looks like my plans on using my Alt, who is in dire need of development, as my canary is back on the table for the weekend. Here’s hoping the rest of this patch is stable enough to play enjoyably. I still need to get my Main back to the Bubble before the 2020 new era...

D1AZmrA.png

ARE U KIDDING ME?!

hdV3yOP.png

Last edited:
That's a great patch.

It does the absolute minimum to stop the soft-lock. That's what they needed to do. Every line of code has a possibility of adding bugs. The more lines of code, the more bugs. They had no time to test it -- it probably had half a day of smoke testing (start it up, if there's no smoke, ship it.) They could not afford to add any new bugs.

I suspect the problem was that the server sends two lists of missions to the client: the available missions and the unavailable missions. Following patch 2, the client crashed if the second list was empty. So the quick and dirty fix is to make sure that it is never empty. And the quick and dirty way to do that is to insert a bogus mission every time.

We can put up with this for a week or three while they get out a proper patch. They might even wait until December and put it in with fleet carriers. That way the QA team don't need to divide their efforts.

So, the lesson there is ship the Fleet Carrier with Sixteen Pads and Seventeen Bays... thus ensuring a smooth flight.

So they can address and fix this within hours:
-
-

-
-
But with real problems that make the game broke - the need to verify for days? Says something bout their priorities - Don't you think?

-
-
-

-
-
View attachment 146414
-
-
But with real problems that make the game broke - the need to verify for days? Says something bout their priorities - Don't you think?

-
-
-
View attachment 146415
You will be really amazed when you find out there are tickets unsolved for more than 1 year.

For example, Allioth's description is wrong in the Galaxy Map for about (or more than) 1 year. Go check it ;)

And that's one very simple thing to fix huh?

I can't see 1st discoveries but not 1st mapped in Beagle Point and last 2 hrs of flying to there.
Upd: hm...maybe it was really not mapped ? >: Jumped 1 system away and can see 1st discovery on some and 1st map on others in same system.

Last edited:
-
-
View attachment 146414
-
-

-
-
-
View attachment 146415
Yes it does, stopping exploits is more important than relatively minor bug fixes.

And remember not all bugs affect all or even most players, which is why the verification process is needed.

Buying ARX for real money is working well....the rest is just rubbish !!!
No more Cent for FD !!!
I have to blame myself...spent hundret of Euros for this crap (3 Accounts + Paintjobs etc.)........
Do at least something right...fire yourself !!!
I'm even at the point were I don't care about the December Update with Fleet Carriers...just keep your crap !
Would you like a little cake ? :)

Top Bottom