Patch Notes September Update - Patch 3

Lets see... what gona be broken this time? =)
My bet - mining & trade - they'll try and fix the ARX payout and break 'em :)
I'm almost hoping something serious does get broken this time round too, since a further patch to fix that is probably the only way the engineering progress news they broke in 3.5.2 gets fixed before December. ;) The more things that mean they have to do just one more round of fixes, the more other stuff gets brought in with it...

Greetings Commanders,

The Elite Dangerous servers will be offline for all platforms on the 10 October at 07:00 (UTC) to apply the September Update - Patch 3.

Thank you for your understanding.

Please find the full Patch Notes below:

Cockpit UI
  • Fixed an issue that caused multiple modules to appear to change priorities instead of just the one that was selected
  • Fixed a small performance stutter when opening the modules tab
Crashes/Stability
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when handing in a mission
  • Fixed the issue causing a softlock at mission boards (and removed the workaround missions)
Exploration
  • Fixed an issue where the system map was missing Commander names for First Discovered and First Mapped
General
  • (Xbox One only) Replaced 'Debug Test' text that appeared when giving a ship a name or ID on Xbox One with 'Enter Ship Name/ID'
  • Fixed missing Flak Launcher VFX
  • Fixed an issue that stopped some previously allowed characters from being able to be used in ship IDs
Network
  • Fixed an issue where some types of non-Ethernet connections were rejected
  • Further work has been made towards restoring VPN connections by:
    • (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
      • Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also need to restart the game
    • Stopping the game from terminating if unable to connect to a network. This allows players into the network options screen to check that their VPN connection is selected
Render
  • (Xbox One only) Fixed a screen tearing issue on Xbox One when in 4k Quality mode
99-little-bygs.jpg

don´t know is the tracker maintained :)

It´s as maintaind as the dev known isues page !

On a quick skim quite a lot of those are fixed now, is the list being maintained?

I have explained in a previous post that I am pushing updates less frequently. To be more exact, I am planning to update once a week approximately. In order for an issue to be claimed as fixed, I am waiting for community contribution as FDev has shown in the post to use the terms "fixed" or "blanced" while actually they have not. It's not even just a minor flaw in the fix, it is just fixing half of the cases the bug occurs.
With this lack of trust, there is no reason to rely on FDev patch notes, also because they are often incomplete.

So unless someone in this thread reports an issue to be fixed, I will not update the OP and add a fixed tag.

yet again applying the patch during the PP tick, do you do this kind of stuff just to irritate and inflame the community or do you genuinely believe you'll not screw it up again, because it's worked perfectly every time you've done it so far? It's almost funny but really sad that Frontier has just become a meme.

At least the screen tearing will be gone after three weeks.

I hope the overal graphics downgrade got fixed too, especially the draw distance being cut in half, it's not game breaking but it was fine prior to the update.

These three patches are a start but we're not there yet imho.
At least I'll be able to play again.

Network
  • Fixed an issue where some types of non-Ethernet connections were rejected
  • Further work has been made towards restoring VPN connections by:
    • (PC only) Adding ability for players to select which network adapter to use in the network options list (VPN connections will appear here)
      • Note if you change the selected Network Adapter here, you will also need to restart the game
    • Stopping the game from terminating if unable to connect to a network. This allows players into the network options screen to check that their VPN connection is selected
Gonna be really angry if that won't work for me.

Top Bottom