❄ Planet Zoo: Arctic Pack coming 17 December ❄

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Zookeepers!

Brrrrr......

Are you ready for an ice-cold adventure in a wintery wonderland? Perhaps you're willing to face a red-hot challenge, in a setting that will prove the most difficult yet... Are you ready to answer Bernie Goodwin's call?

PZ_Arctic_Pack_Screenshots_2_960x540.jpg

After an incredible year with our Planet Zoo community, we are thrilled to reveal the Planet Zoo: Arctic Pack, coming alongside free Update 1.1.0 on 17 December 2019!

With two new Scenarios, there will be exciting things for you to overcome as a zoo manager. You'll need to brave harsh landscapes: the mountainous Norway set in the Tundra biome, and the arid Mexico, based in the Desert biome. These two zoos come with their own stories and challenges, which you'll need to deal with to ensure animal welfare and park success.

This Pack also features four brand new Arctic animals: the Polar Bear, Reindeer, Arctic Wolf, and Dall Sheep – all four species come with new challenges and specific needs, so be sure to check the Zoopedia for tips on how to keep them happy and healthy.

PZ_Arctic_Pack_Screenshots_9_960x540.jpg

Cover your park in a blanket of snow, design an ice sculpture, or build your very own Scandinavian village – there are over 200 new building, scenery, and foliage pieces to choose from and get creative with!

The Arctic Pack will be available to purchase on Steam and Frontier Store for £7.99 ($9.99, €9.99). Please note that you'll need to have the Planet Zoo base game in order to download and play this extra content. Update 1.1.0 will be free for all players.

Thanks to our wonderful community for all of your support since our launch! Keep your eyes on our forums and social channels for all the news and announcements about Planet Zoo, and make sure to tune into our livestreams!

I can only give 1 like, but you deserve more than 1.

Finally I can make my polar bear habitat in my Blijdorp recreation!

Thanks!! (y) :)

Only downside it's already paid DLC only 6 weeks after release. :(

At least I know what to ask my wife for Christmas :p

Last edited:

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hmm, while I was looking forward to arctic animals, I didn't expect it would be 10 dollars for 4 new animals and 200 assets. It's like 2.5 dollars per animal, while the base game was 50 dollars for 80 of them. Sorry.

The Arctic Pack is an optional purchase; Update 1.1.0 is available for free for all players and will include a bunch of new features you can sink your teeth into! ❄

My heart is beating fast right now. Like, six-year-old right before christmas fast. So, christmas was moved forward this years, yes? SO EXCITED!

Tbh, I was really hoping for an arctic fox, but here is hope that we get 10 more years worth of DLC;) And I have reindeers and scandinavian building pieces,I'm in heaven. And my excited child-like mind is already thinking about which zoo needs Pippi Longstockings home build. I hope lots of pieces are flexi-color. :)

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
My heart is beating fast right now. Like, six-year-old right before christmas fast. So, christmas was moved forwardb this years, yes? SO EXCITED!

Tbh, I was really hoping for an arctic fox, but here is hope that we get 10 more years worth of DLC;) And I have reindeers and scandinavian building pieces,I'm in heaven. And my excited child-like mind is already thinking about which zoo needs Pippi Longstockings home build. I hope lots of pieces are flexi-color. :)

What a blast from the past, I haven't thought about Pippi Longstockings in years! The new assets are awesome, the building pieces look great!

And that is understandable. Releasing huge updates for free is not unique in the gaming industry. I appreciate that, I really do. But I won't appreciate and won't support releasing DLC with 4 animals for 1/5 of the game's price. It's a choice customers make, and good for those who are willing to pay. Sometimes 10 dollars is a price of a whole indie game, or a big story arc, etc etc. Sometimes, it's a price of one weapon. The choice is ours to make.

Top Bottom