❄ Planet Zoo: Arctic Pack coming 17 December ❄

In all honesty. I find it problematic to throw the arctic and the antarctic together, just because both have snow and cold temperatures. The poles not only have a unique wild life, but also a unique culture. If I were an Inui and people would constantly ask if I live in the arctic or antarctic, just because "all cold regions are the same", I would be highly offended. Both poles face different history.

I mean, really, no one asks for kangaroos in the game for reasons like "it's a hot climate in africa as well." You can dislike the decision frontier made with not making a "minus temperature dlc", but it's not an easy way out nor in any form illogical. It was a decision and - based on the theme that indeed seems to have a historical context as well , in my opinion a good one.
Not really enough animals to make a stand-alone Antarctic pack though. Just seals and penguins. I'd like to see a 'polar' DLC just because it's probably the best chance to see some of the other arctic animals missing from this DLC (arctic fox, moose & musk ox). Hopefully next Christmas.

That said, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they give us Humboldt or African penguins (rather than Adélie or emperor).

And yes, in regard to the other posters, obviously they weren't ever going to be in the first DLC - an animal that required a lot of water work, new enrichments and a brand new model that couldn't pull from anything in the game was not happening. I just think the 'we couldn't have it because Arctic DLC' argument is a bit silly; more like we couldn't have it because they just didn't have the time to get such a complex new animal working before Christmas.

Funny!

I just made exactly the same arguments over there in the "Whishlist" forum. ;)
I’m all for voicing different opinions, I was very present in the forum after lunch to voice the fact that I hated the time space and I wasn’t able to enjoy the game because animals were having offsprings and dying too quickly for my liking and I’m so so so glad and thrilled they decided to add a different time scale for the animals in the next update, but this penguins thing is becoming annoying. I’m in the minority probably when I say I’m so happy for the arctic wolf even if it’s simply a white copy(I don’t see too much resemble but many say so so let’s roll with it) of the timber wolf and I’m very happy with the rest of the animals we are getting in this dlc. Sure, there are animals I hope to see implemented eventually, like leopards, Jaguars, otters and seals(penguins as well of course) but I’m aware it takes time to do so and I’m okay with waiting. I think frontier now knows well enough that people want penguins, so no need to keep asking for them in every tread 😬

Only four animals? And two of them are just copy and paste, what about artic fox, muskox, artic hare, walrus, canada lynx, puffin, snowy owls, there is a lot of artic animals, yet Frontier expect us to pay $10 for only two new animals and 2 copy and paste,

They did the same with a lot of the Rides on the Planet Coaster DLC's, Re-skin, Re-Skin, Re-skin, why are we not surprised they would pull the same stroke again...

...And a DLC one month after the Main game was released,......a certain ABBA hit comes to mind....

2 copy and paste? Maybe the wolf but the other animals definitely resemble their real life animal versions. That polar bear also is spot on also.

It is funny how people who dislike the price only mention the animals. There are also 2 new scenarios and 200 building pieces. What, you do not care about these? Well, other people do, and those things cost money to develop too.

Just because you do not care about campaign or building does not make the dlc any less value.

It is funny how people who dislike the price only mention the animals. There are also 2 new scenarios and 200 building pieces. What, you do not care about these? Well, other people do, and those things cost money to develop too.

Just because you do not care about campaign or building does not make the dlc any less value.

Because something you don't want and won't use has no value to the person paying for it. If you aren't a builder or interested in campaign mode all there is for you is 4 animals. I kinda don't think that DLC packs should be made this way simply because there are different types of players playing the game in different ways. A DLC with something for everyone is not going to please many because few will use everything in it. The career mode people are the only ones really getting their money's worth because they do need everything in the pack.

Because something you don't want and won't use has no value to the person paying for it. If you aren't a builder or interested in campaign mode all there is for you is 4 animals. I kinda don't think that DLC packs should be made this way simply because there are different types of players playing the game in different ways. A DLC with something for everyone is not going to please many because few will use everything in it. The career mode people are the only ones really getting their money's worth because they do need everything in the pack.
I personally do not care too much for campaing but I will play it regardless, because it is part of the pack. (I would be more interested in it if finishing the scenarios awarded something- like a building piece, statue or something to use in other modes). As for the new building pieces, like...building is a huge part of this game, I am not sure how anyone can think they will not expand on that.

Alternative would be releasing everything in even smaller packs but that does seem a little complicated . Also we would soon have hundreds of small dlc which would be....confusing at best. I think these themed dlcs with content from each area of the game is a better choice.

Last edited:

Even more funny: People are judging it before they even got their hand on it. Havent played yet and ive only seen these 4 Teasers for the new animals. But like you said: you cant reduce this dlc to just those 4 new animals.

Gonna buy it tomorrow, check it out and then ill make my opinion if 9,99 is a fair price for this dlc.

I'm buying this dlc because it appeals to me. I used to play MMO's that charged 7.99 a month. I think frontier have done a good job I have experienced loads of bugs but yet they fix them or at least try to. Security issues, aging and speed of aging are being fixed, refunds are going to be more clearly explained, sorted heatmaps for things like vandalism and rubbish. All of these things have been complained about on this very same forum and that's being fixed for free. Not to mention the first time they took the servers down for maintenance and even I complained so they communicated here their plans.

I think personally frontier are doing things right I know a lot of game publishers who don't listen and react as fast as frontier have and still try to take your money with paid content regardless if you like it or not. I will most likely get slated for this but i think we should cut frontier some slack they are a business and businesses need to make money to continue operating.

Personally I don't think it's fair to try and manage people's expectations - I, too, will be buying the DLC, because I want three out of the four animals and the building set (scenaros are not important to me at all), but I still wish we could have had more in it. Also, to those saying "we might still get a polar DLC" or some other kind of addendum, do you really think that's likely? Because I don't. This DLC will tick that box. We might get a North America DLC that includes a few animals missing from this one, and hopefully a few more, too, but the chances of seeing more Arctic animals feel slim now

Personally I don't think it's fair to try and manage people's expectations - I, too, will be buying the DLC, because I want three out of the four animals and the building set (scenaros are not important to me at all), but I still wish we could have had more in it. Also, to those saying "we might still get a polar DLC" or some other kind of addendum, do you really think that's likely? Because I don't. This DLC will tick that box. We might get a North America DLC that includes a few animals missing from this one, and hopefully a few more, too, but the chances of seeing more Arctic animals feel slim now
It is also worth noting that not all dlc have to be the same. We might as well get an dlc with random animals from all over the world, who knows? There will probably be more themed ones, but I do not think it is a rule.

I'd like them to be in a a environment that matches their natural habitat, so more foliage and scenery to suit that I'm totally okay with.

Top Bottom