[Video] January update, was this what we ASKED?! & Fleet carrier delay...

Lol exactly. Lot of people are mentioning that the supporters of the open letter wanted the bugs fixed before any new content. Except, there is nothing in the OL that states that.
It was FDEVs decision to delay new content. And they gladly used the open letter as a scapegoat.
Very likely they were already behind schedule (thus no livestream demo or more updated info about DC), and then the September disaster hit, requiring them to spend one and a half month fixing a broken game, which delayed FCs even further.

Although we have to wait six months, 2020 is the year of reckoning for ED as there is no place left to hide or delay things. I wonder what we will be saying in July?
Do you know something about the end of the world that we don't? 😉😉Because otherwise pushing it back to 2021 seems like something they might be inclined to do if they feel like it.

Last edited:
Do you know something about the end of the world that we don't. 😉😉Because otherwise pushing it back to 2021 seems like something they might be inclined to do if they feel like it.

Personally speaking, they can't- FD have burnt so much goodwill I expect a lot of veterans will stop playing if New Era is rubbish or delayed. Plus, for New Era to work its going to need a lot of beta testing, and will require a lot of staggered betas and feedback.

Lastly, FD have got to say something eventually- just like someone being dunked underwater they have to come up at some point. The worse it gets in the early part of the year with bungled patches (and the giant ? over FC) the only salve is going to be the sweet currency of New Era news.

FDev: Releases questionable patch
Community: Uproar
Community: Open letter with demands
FDev: Ok, we'll do the bugs and testing
Community: Wha?! Is this what we asked for?!

EVERY TIME

It's closer to following

Fdev : This year we release 3 small updates
Community : oh.. sooo maintenance phase... ok
Fdev : Update 1 done
Community : ok
FDev : update 2 Done...broken
Community : this is not good, very poor, We want QUALITY
Fdev : OOOOOh ... ok so you mean stop development & fix stuff? DONE!
Yamiks : what?!

Personally speaking, they can't- FD have burnt so much goodwill I expect a lot of veterans will stop playing if New Era is rubbish or delayed. Plus, for New Era to work its going to need a lot of beta testing, and will require a lot of staggered betas and feedback.

Lastly, FD have got to say something eventually- just like someone being dunked underwater they have to come up at some point. The worse it gets in the early part of the year with bungled patches (and the giant ? over FC) the only salve is going to be the sweet currency of New Era news.
Agreed, I would probably be done with this game if anything else gets delayed. It just sucks to be strung along. Id rather forget about it and then come back to it

I was just being funny. I get the feeling from a lot of people's posts that a lot of the veterans have already quit playing and only check in intermittently to see if anything worth doing has been added

2020 New Era is my exit point really. No Powerplay update and I'm off. I'm partially out the door now TBH after lore was stopped, 5 years of waiting for Powerplay, undercooked features etc.

It's closer to following

Fdev : This year we release 3 small updates
Community : oh.. sooo maintenance phase... ok
Fdev : Update 1 done
Community : ok
FDev : update 2 Done...broken
Community : this is not good, very poor, We want QUALITY
Fdev : OOOOOh ... ok so you mean stop development & fix stuff? DONE!
Yamiks : what?!

Skipping a few in between, let's not forget ARX.
Though it's hardly news that more work was going to be done on bugs and betas would come back to try and make things better.
The surprising thing would be that it's a surprise now (or that previous threads and videos from others with the "is this what we really want" sentiment) given how much it was communicated then.

¿I can haz stuffz now?

You can, although it will cost you..... I have about 4 billion in bounties, and about 2 billion in assets and credits :D

What annoys me is I love FDs lore and making Powerplay memes and content- it will be hard to give that up but FD seem hell-bent on wrecking these things. For example, I fire up the launcher and get out of date stories and giant gaping holes of black. What happened? Surely they can see this is bad?

Top Bottom