ANNOUNCEMENT January Update - Patch 1 Announcement

We've been discussing over on Reddit whether there were any changes made to mining and market demands with the update, but so far no changes have been detected.

Some of us were expecting that, with the update, demands would constrain the amount of painite, void opals, LTD and other ores that could be sold at stations. What's your experience here?

Trading
  • Added supply and demand volumes for certain, high-end minerals. Now, trading goods such as Void Opals is more realistic; markets can still offer a high buy price, but they will offer less as the demand is met. As part of this change, these high-end minerals will now be demanded more by specific economy types. This change will affect the following commodities: ...

After reading the patch notes again, I think that's not what was meant at all. It's saying that prices will vary with demand, right? Maybe at the BGS tick? Has anyone seen it happen?

... We have determined the cause of the stuttering issue that players have experienced upon exiting hyperjump and we will shortly be releasing a patch to fix this. Please see below for when the fix will be released on your platform:
  • PC - Wednesday 15 January at 12:00 UTC
  • Xbox and PS4 - Next week (beginning Monday 20 January) - Exact date to be confirmed
Alongside next week's console patch, we will also be releasing a patch for all platforms that will address a number of other high priority issues. We will have more information about what fixes will be included in this patch early next week.
You know.... That's actually pretty impressive!

Thank you very much for the quick reaction.

As I'm currently surveying brown dwarf systems (lots of jumps in a very quick succession), the current state is quite annoying. It seems to scale with the amount of planets in the system, and seemingly does not occur on hyperspace exit for systems with just stars and no planets in them.

Looking forward to tomorrow's patch! :)

Greetings Commanders,

Thank you for your patience while we investigated some of the issues that have arisen during the January Update. We have determined the cause of the stuttering issue that players have experienced upon exiting hyperjump and we will shortly be releasing a patch to fix this. Please see below for when the fix will be released on your platform:
  • PC - Wednesday 15 January at 12:00 UTC
  • Xbox and PS4 - Next week (beginning Monday 20 January) - Exact date to be confirmed
Alongside next week's console patch, we will also be releasing a patch for all platforms that will address a number of other high priority issues. We will have more information about what fixes will be included in this patch early next week.

If you have encountered a bug or error with the January Update, please do report this straight to our Issue Tracker so that we can continue to investigate!

This will be very welcome to VR users in particular.

Er, since there's a patch coming, maybe someone could add a line or two to write the GEO/BIO POI information to the player logfile with the other scan info?...

All fine and dandy, but when you release an update that has the sole purpose of fixing bugs - when you postpone content update to release this bug fixing patch - not to mention beta that was supposed to catch any issues that might arise during the fixing...
...then it's just depressing to see you create almost as many new bugs as you've managed to fix.
I'm seriously afraid that tomorrow patch to that Update will be no different. Something is seriously wrong with the proces of doing things you have out there Fdev.

This will be very welcome to VR users in particular.

Er, since there's a patch coming, maybe someone could add a line or two to write the GEO/BIO POI information to the player logfile with the other scan info?...
Seconded on the player journal request. The info is actually already being written but the trigger to write the data differs from in-game. Currently, the player journal writes this data only after mapping the body (which differs from the in-game UI where the info is available after scanning the body).

It's disappointing that this wasn't picked up and resolved prior to the release, which seems to be a running theme with every update now.

I don't mean to be sour but I have to agree. Why was there a beta then? Why so much time between it and now? How much coding was done after? Why are there MAJOR near game breaking issues with every patch? Yes, I'm glad they are working on it quickly but these issues should be caught BEFORE the patch goes live, especially given how relatively tiny this update was. We waited 6 months for this where this is what many other games would release on a weekly or bi-weekly basis.

Hope it is fixed soon just don't understand why this has to have with every single update we ever get pretty much without fail.

Why is does it seem everything is "Good Enough" prior to release even with some beta testing?
What happened to "No Points for Second Place" ?

I don't understand why they don't just leave well enough alone until The Next Era, instead of creating new problems. The paranoid side of me says these new problems are a distraction to divert our attention away from something else. .

I guess they deserve a participating plaque or trophy for being a team member.

Last edited:
Top Bottom