Patch Notes Update Beta 2.04 available by 17:00 BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Beta 2.04 will be available within the next 10 minutes.

Beta 2.04 will be live by 17:00 BST

Thanks to your continued feedback, and all the tickets you've logged, the team have managed to schedule another update for later today.

Full details on 2.04 will be added as soon as they are available. Keep one eye on this thread.

Thanks again from all the team at Frontier Developments.

Change log for update 2.04:

- Fix softlocks when exiting supercruise near to some stations
- Fix crash in preflight checklist
- Prevent server crash when an overlay is being unloaded while it's still in the load queue
- Removed old way of enabling/disabling stars
- Fix missing galaxy map background
- Fix assert in galaxy map
- Prevent missions selecting stations that you cannot complete the mission at
- Only send the next mission progression if the mission is not completed and shutting down
- Fix unable to sell all exploration data
- Do not assign factions to bounties that don’t exist
- GUI and smoke effects have now been made more subtle and glows have been reduced a little on the schematics
- Added 'Disable GUI Effects' option to the GUI shader so no cloudyness, parallax or colour tinting is applied when this option is set
- Added damage stats to all weapons for outfitting GUI
- Fixed malformed resource for repair module
- Increase server send buffer from 32k to 500k
- Allow network configuration file to specify a range of ports for the game to choose from
- Allow the send buffer size on the socket to be adjusted
- Replace a new diagnostic assert in the network code with writing a line into the log file
- Guard against replay attacks for mission accept and mission update
- Fixes for tutorial typos
- Fix for the news feed not showing GalNet on the manually entered new bulletins
- Fix for regenerating already existing ring texture
- Update text for good and bad trade good entries on the news feed
- Added in new news entry for a system bulletin
- Give star models on the system map a wider range of sizes
- Increase the timeout between talkchannel and friends list requests
- Remove misleading reports from server logs

Last edited:
Loving beta 2 so far. Thanks for all the hard work. Hope some of you guys get to play over the weekend. I know what my plans are anyway...

DK2 IR Camera Bug was addressed?

Hello,

Did you guys check out why the IR camera for DK2 goes in and out frequently?

Thank you,

Wow, once again they have listened and delivered... great work!

I love it in the ED universe, it's my little escape from the pressures of reality.

Thankyou FD :)

- GUI and smoke effects have now been made more subtle and glows have been reduced a little on the schematics
- Added 'Disable GUI Effects' option to the GUI shader so no cloudyness, parallax or colour tinting is applied when this option is set

Thank you for the fast turn-around on these changes! :D

Desktop freeze.

Also, in 2.03 when I selected "open play", i would see the spinning ship for 1 second then black screen, and my main monitor would turn white and freeze, the game would play inside the DK2, but once i quit the game, I had to reboot to regain control of my computer, nothing would bring desktop back except a reboot. Was this addressed?

Thank you,

Ship sell not fixed?

Much better they concentrate on the game access blockers first, no?

I'm sure that ship selling bugs are a high priority and will be looked at, but they are lower than ensuring the game runs in the first place.

And since there is only so many people and so many hours... ;)

hoping then the freeze/lag was caused by server issues and might be fixed with this patch. good work guys either way.

Was just playing and got a server message over comms to save and exit as 2.0.4 will be updated in 10 mins. That was about 5 mins ago.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom