High-end mining material prices seem maybe a little bit TOO volatile

Watching all the hard effort into mining flushed away by some idiot who doesn't play the game is heartbreaking and as soon as a better, fairer option becomes available... they'll lose their fan base and deservingly so.
None of the money made through mining was "flushed away", they balanced the markets to behave properly, though I don't think you really have even the most base understanding of the issue.

If you feel so "low" about the game because you can't make a billion credits a day, I don't really see how you played the game before the mining changes went into effect. Or is it all just reactive? Who knows.

the point is, markets are too volatile.
i dont really mind if i get 400000 cr per ton of painite, but i dont like to jump from station to station because inara and eddb are useless now
The game isn't broken because third-party tools aren't a foolproof indicator of sell price anymore. Those prices are generated when people dock, so if it's a high-price system, odds are somebody's going there for that exact reason.

People are going to need to learn how to figure stuff out on their own.

Deleted member 38366

D
...seems Low Temp Diamonds and Benitoite are all the rage now? ;)

If only there were ingame tools that let us do this. Praying to RNGsus isn't fun at all, making informed decisions is. But we don't get to make those.
This is actually my biggest issue. We know the in game conditions that causes a station to significantly increase the price of mined commodities. Unfortunately, we can't search for them ingame, and the third party tools can't either, yet.

The game isn't broken because third-party tools aren't a foolproof indicator of sell price anymore. Those prices are generated when people dock, so if it's a high-price system, odds are somebody's going there for that exact reason.

People are going to need to learn how to figure stuff out on their own.
You are a much more experienced ED gamer than I am. So let me ask you a question that I hope you have an answer to.

I want to find stations that are any combination of the following:

Any of the following economies: Extraction, Industrial, High Tech, Military, Tourism,

that are combined with:
Pirate Attack + (Boom or Investment) + (Civil Liberty or Public Holiday) + Expansion

How would you do that boss?

You are a much more experienced ED gamer than I am. So let me ask you a question that I hope you have an answer to.

Any of the following economies: Extraction, Industrial, High Tech, Military, Tourism,

that are combined with:
Pirate Attack + (Boom or Investment) + (Civil Liberty or Public Holiday) + Expansion

You can filter for type and state using the galaxy map. From there on you either search for systems with the other desired states or don't waste your time and simply sell for less than 1.6 million credits.

You can filter for type and state using the galaxy map. From there on you either search for systems with the other desired states or don't waste your time and simply sell for less than 1.6 million credits.
But if they sell for less that 1.6M they will lose money, they will actually owe the station money. Don't you know that ;)

Yes I know that is a strawman, and totally a lie, but the way some here are going on it would see they expect only one value for their work, top value or nothing at all.

that are combined with:

don't even bother, supply and demand doesn't make much sense at the moment, and there are too many variables that you would need to point on a sheet, you're only going to receive speculation and teasing here from people who I doubt will ever do mining.

Go testing at different stations, it is the only way, time will later vary for no reason and they will also tell you that there are millions of commanders delivering materials at the same time at all stations. :D

Anyway, you can keep getting rich while others speculate. ;)

But if they sell for less that 1.6M they will lose money, they will actually owe the station money. Don't you know that ;)

Yes I know that is a strawman, and totally a lie, but the way some here are going on it would see they expect only one value for their work, top value or nothing at all.

I hope this kind of behavior doesn't come as a surprise to any game developers out there though.

don't even bother, supply and demand doesn't make much sense at the moment, and there are too many variables that you would need to point on a sheet, you're only going to receive speculation and teasing here from people who I doubt will ever do mining.

Go testing at different stations, it is the only way, time will later vary for no reason and they will also tell you that there are millions of commanders delivering materials at the same time at all stations. :D

Anyway, you can keep getting rich while others speculate. ;)
I'm not mining at the moment. I figured I'd take a break until the smart people figured out the most efficient way to deal with the changes.

It's interesting to see what peoples reactions are though, isn't it?

Yep, couldn't find a good market for Void Opals, EDDM was not even close, I know it takes a bit for all the stations to update, but still, won't be looking for Void Opals for awhile. Finally found a station paying somewhat decent price compared to all the other stations I had jumped around to, but only made 540k a unit, that is considerable a lot less than what they used to pay, but better than 23k a unit at the other locations that were supposed to be paying around 1 mil or more.

I'm not mining at the moment. I figured I'd take a break until the smart people figured out the most efficient way to deal with the changes.

Yep, couldn't find a good market for Void Opals, EDDM was not even close, I know it takes a bit for all the stations to update, but still, won't be looking for Void Opals for awhile. Finally found a station paying somewhat decent price compared to all the other stations I had jumped around to, but only made 540k a unit, that is considerable a lot less than what they used to pay, but better than 23k a unit at the other locations that were supposed to be paying around 1 mil or more.

I'm not doing mining either, but I wanted to try it after the update, after 2 days I was able to find a good price,

exactly half of the maximum they gave before.

Attachments

• 20200118215950_1.jpg
    20200118215950_1.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 155

Babel pretty much nailed your earlier question. Reality is, most people who have been making their fortune mining had third-party tools doing all of the work for them, and had no idea at all how or why the pricing was different anywhere.

I have a few stations bookmarked I like to sell at, systems that cater to the materials I mine and are a little out of the way. Systems I used way back, one of which was my old home system.

The biggest thing is that basically everyone was doing Void Opals/Painite. The market is flooded with these, so the people who have been mining other materials are way less affected. But the loudest complaining is coming from people who relied on the path of least resistance; mine the most popular thing, go to the location where a third-party tool points them.

Soon, mining will cool off as people move on to other activities now that it's not the absolute route to wealth, and supply will be less overwhelming, and prices will stabilize. The noise will subside.

Top Bottom