Compendium of Codex requirements

To get a better look at all the requirements that NSPs and surface Biological sites might spawn at, I made a compendium of what the Codex lists for them. You can find it here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nV_UD_0kIxkWAHhAqvf62ILHpbYzdZpJ53CqPHn3qlA/edit?usp=sharing

Take what the Codex says with a grain of salt though, it is known to have errors. (The most glaring example: Chryseum Void Hearts have nothing listed.) In the Notes, I've also marked the places where the Codex seems to be wrong, but there's most likely more - I haven't travelled all over the galaxy to check them.

Also, I deliberately didn't include a Regions column for surface life, as I don't really want to list them for every variant (Roseum, Blatteum etc) of a species. On the Regions subsheet, you can find where the species are - this is a copy of this list, by the way.

If you find any errors, be it from me or the Codex, please post them here!

Thanks go to @Mooing for help with filling out the Odyssey life and maintaining the sheet.

Last edited:
After the FC update was released, a number of new finds popped up on the Codex. Mostly anomalies, plus a few things that were broken before - although who knows if those anomalies weren't broken before either. In any case, I updated the sheet with the new finds. Interestingly, the "new" (actually found before, but broken) L03-type Anomaly confirms that these do require planetary nebulae. (Many, but not all, anomalies seem to need those, but it's only listed on the Codex in five entries.)

For anyone looking, the following anomaly types have yet to be found: E01, K09, K12, L02, L07, P06, Q07, T03. This is assuming that the maximum number has been found in all sequences, which is doubtful. (For example, the P-types go up to P15 currently, while E ends with E04.)

I've rolled the Odyssey life (from here) into this one too, since it turned out it doesn't really need its own separate sheet.

A good number of payouts are still missing, especially for the legacy Horizons life on non-atmospheric planets. Colours for Odyssey life are also likely incomplete, but otherwise, the species discovered to date(!) should be there.
If anyone has any info that's missing, please message me or post it here!

An update to this: from the Odyssey life, we have payouts for all currently known lifeforms, except one: Fonticulua Fluctus. If there is one near you, and you could grab a sample and report its sale value, that would be great. Thanks!

However, we're still missing the payouts for most of the old, Horizons legacy life (anemones, bark mounds etc). If you have some from those too, we'd be glad to have it.

The last missing Odyssey life is in, and it's fitting that it would be the most expensive one: 900,000 Cr base payout for Fonticulua Fluctus.

Payouts are still missing for the majority of old, Horizons life though. If you have some that's not on the sheet yet, send them in please!

Some additions for your spreadsheet - all within the Inner Orion Spur

Found on a rocky Methane world:
Frutexa Flabeleum
Bacterium Algyoneum
Cactoida Lapis
Tubus Rosarium
Tussock Cultro
Stratum Laminamus
Osseus Spiralis

Found on a rocky Carbon Dioxide World
Tussock Ignis
Frutexa Acus
Tubus Compagibus

Found on a high metal content Ammonia world:
Cactoida Lapis
Tussock Cultro
Stratum Tectonicas
Fungoida Setisis
Osseus Spiralis

Frutexa Flabeleum
Bacterium Algyoneum
Cactoida Lapis
Tubus Rosarium
Tussock Cultro
Stratum Laminamus
Osseus Spiralis

Tussock Ignis
Frutexa Acus
Tubus Compagibus

Cactoida Lapis
Tussock Cultro
Stratum Tectonicas
Fungoida Setisis
Osseus Spiralis
But do any of them taste like broccoli?

Frutexa Flabeleum
Bacterium Algyoneum
Cactoida Lapis
Tubus Rosarium
Tussock Cultro
Stratum Laminamus
Osseus Spiralis

Tussock Ignis
Frutexa Acus
Tubus Compagibus

Cactoida Lapis
Tussock Cultro
Stratum Tectonicas
Fungoida Setisis
Osseus Spiralis
Thanks! I haven't been paying attention to any new finds lately, but those methane finds look interesting, as those species seem to have been on ammonia atm. planets instead. For the bacteria, the Codex even says they should be ammonia. Could you give me the name of the planet, if you've uploaded it to EDSM?

Thanks! I haven't been paying attention to any new finds lately, but those methane finds look interesting, as those species seem to have been on ammonia atm. planets instead. For the bacteria, the Codex even says they should be ammonia. Could you give me the name of the planet, if you've uploaded it to EDSM?
Dmn... Just checked and the log says Ammonia. I went back and looked at the images and doubted myself. The log confirms. - They are ammonia.

Three more for today's jaunt. One confirmation and two observed:

Norma Expanse:

Rocky Ammonia World:

Bacterium Alcyoneum
Cactoida Peperatis
Fungoid Setisis

Thanks to data from the DSN, I've added temperature and gravity requirements to the Odyssey life. I've updated the known star types and planetary materials as well, a few were missing since I last looked through them.

Last edited:
I rearranged the Odyssey bio sheet, and I realise now that the wording was slightly ambiguous there. To make it clear: the columns now starting with "Codex:" are what's written in the Codex. The others are what have actually been found. Since the latter are most likely what's more important for players, I've moved those columns to the front.

Now that it seems the ballooned payouts are here to stay, I've updated the Odyssey flora prices on the sheets. In addition, there's also a new subsheet at the end, to compare the new payouts to the old ones.

Update: then again, it seems like Frontier have adjusted several prices since, so expect some of these to be wrong. I'll post here again once they are correct.

Most everything has been multiplied by around 30.75x. A fair number of the more rare stuff had gotten less, as their new payouts had hit the ceiling of 16,777,215 Cr. But curiously, it seems that Tubus have received some more rebalancing than that: their various types were probably less and more frequent than Frontier initially thought them to be. Tubus Conifer, Rosarium and Sororibus got a buff of "only" 13-17x, while the previously low-tier Cavas and Compagibus pay far better now, with an increase of 97.6x and 120x. Tubus Cavas has hit the limit as well.

Last edited:
Now that it seems the ballooned payouts are here to stay, I've updated the Odyssey flora prices on the sheets. In addition, there's also a new subsheet at the end, to compare the new payouts to the old ones.

Update: then again, it seems like Frontier have adjusted several prices since, so expect some of these to be wrong. I'll post here again once they are correct.

Most everything has been multiplied by around 30.75x. A fair number of the more rare stuff had gotten less, as their new payouts had hit the ceiling of 16,777,215 Cr. But curiously, it seems that Tubus have received some more rebalancing than that: their various types were probably less and more frequent than Frontier initially thought them to be. Tubus Conifer, Rosarium and Sororibus got a buff of "only" 13-17x, while the previously low-tier Cavas and Compagibus pay far better now, with an increase of 97.6x and 120x. Tubus Cavas has hit the limit as well.

FWIW, I've not yet seen a single base price that stayed the same in the 14.01 patch. The cap is gone - Tectonicas now seems to be 19,010,800, but many of the others have decreased a bit (but not by the same percentage). Lowest I've seen so far is 1,000,000. Unfortunately, everyone sold their data right after U14 so there is no backlog to quickly find the newest prices, might be a while before we get a full picture.

On the plus side, the 5x multiplier looks to actually be working now. Exo is definitely worth the time investment.

In the meantime, I've made a change to the payouts: ones that are probably incorrect are in italics, the ones which were recently verified are in bold.

It does seem like a better rebalancing now, rather than just slapping a 30.75x multiplier on most everything.

Well, rebalance was one of my ideas. Situations, where tectonicas (which to be honest...on exploration I see them few daily, so arent rare), which also are easy to found on surface are more expensive than species which are more rare (and usually PITA to find) are absurd.

Of course situation "more rare stuff got smaller buff than common, because they hit "max" value" show only 1 thing- that new prices are simply broken.

For example I will use my data. According to inara I scanned species on slighty more than 200 planets, and I earned 200m. So (with first log bonus, so double payout) average 1m/planet (I think, that I wasn't cherrypicker which landed only on the best planets, and when I land- I scan all plants).
Meanwhile now average buff value is close to 20/30x+ 5x for first log. Let's use 20x multiplier. This boost+ first log bonus created payouts 100 times better than original payouts. 50 times better, than old first logs.

So with my data I could say, that average planet is worthy 50m credits. So more than 10 "valuable" bodies, which we have to find, scan, and cruise to map them :D
#totallynotbroken

But maybe I should stop beat horse, because mighty frontier will boost planets to level "1b for earthlike".

I handed in a little data yesterday, first since the adjustment. Just three samples and base payout was 20 million credits, first discovery brought it up to 108 million all of which got paid. So it's a lucrative activity now - never really understood this TBH, it's a game yet plenty are obsessed by how much they get paid :LOL: - but the thing that does feel right is the bonus for first discovery.

It's not exactly difficult, but exploration and discovery should pay much better for things you find that haven't been found before (even if in game that translates to something that is known about, but no other player has seen that example of it yet), so that at least makes sense. :)

Top Bottom