ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers Update - BETA BLOWOUT

Consider yourself lucky you have that option. My last docking place as of April 30 was Explorer’s Anchorage. :cry:
I learned recently the trick with this "suicide" is when you reject the rebuy, they put you back in the starter system. I haven't tested this myself, ofc 🤔

We hope that you all get a chance to jump into the Beta over the weekend and show us what you can do with your very own Fleet Carrier!​

What's the point? For most players the final FC will be too expensive or tedious to own. It can be useful to see how people use a FC and if the servers can handle it.

I learned recently the trick with this "suicide" is when you reject the rebuy, they put you back in the starter system. I haven't tested this myself, ofc 🤔
OK cmdr @MartinG it's on you, nothing to lose, what happens in beta stays in beta, report back so we can all learn!

Kudos for running this an extra day fdevs. ..And as for me I wouldn't mind paying only 1 to 3 Billion for a fleet carrier in June. But five bil is too much! (I have 5.3 Billion mind you)

The deluxe fleet carrier should cost maybe 5 billion. Right now, it's the bare bones version which seems to be overpriced.

I was kinda hoping some of the bugs we reported the previous week were fixed in the update to Beta 2.

I am not opposed to the FC, but given the expense of the vessel, services and fuel, I will probably not purchase one because I mostly play the game individually. FC are great for private groups as a sort of club house off the beaten path.

Leaked image of FDev offices server for Elite Dangerous

main-qimg-a4bdda3497af0fb639b94fdb53b626ec
Now seriously speaking, this is proof why maintenance exists, the server can't handle that much traffic.
A colour Tandy? Luxury!

Yes, I did consider that option, but for certain reasons I decided I want to have that particular ship on board of the FC when I can finally afford it courtesy of the blowout, so…
OK cmdr @MartinG it's on you, nothing to lose, what happens in beta stays in beta, report back so we can all learn!
… nothing to report, I actually did fly all the way back to the bubble a couple of days ago. :eek: ;)

Why are players accepting the premise to PAY to participate in a Beta test in the 1st place? - Even with the reduction of price in the "pay to test" beta, I will NOT be participating - Not only for having to pay for the beta test - The Fleet Carriers do not have anything useful to my playstyle - All the aspects of the Fleet Carrier are not conducive to any player, - The price - The bundling of modules- So many aspects of this beta are just wrong for most player usage.

The graveyard's about to become the boneyard. lol. I boast about them because I want my own to try and yes, I will be trying one out. As for the June update idk yet.

Top Bottom