ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Announcement

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Yep, extra content for Griefers and Gankers, expect as you little squad crew of 3 leaves your ship or multicrew SRV , that a Griefer mows you all down with multicannons from 200m above, safely in their Krait mk2.

Good luck with that, I can't hit an SRV or a skimmer at 200m let alone a person. They seem to be able to hit me though...

I'm hoping there will be NPC and other player interactions as well as exploration etc type activities available that don't involve picking your way through a combat zone.
Need NMS, Empyrion Galactic, and Space Engineer style POIs where you can have exploration points of deserted/derelict and abandoned station outposts. Or simple trade at a planetary base and/or do courier/delivery pickup jobs. Also POIs for on ground hostile NPC 'Goids (for PvE immersion) or v. other players (for the PvP aspect) or trader/deliver/hand held mining? activities. Where you can get out of your SRV and mine, explore/scan do whatever. Wonder if atmospheric planets or true Gas Giant atmospheres will be a thing as well? Imagine EVAing into a toxic Gas Giant atmosphere. Where you've got one chance to land at the cargo hatch of another ship and lock pick your way in. So you can do some piracy!

Good luck with that, I can't hit an SRV or a skimmer at 200m let alone a person. They seem to be able to hit me though...

Not sure how big Skimmers are but I did tackle and destroy a Guardian Sentinel with the stock class 1 fixed pulse lasers on the Asp Exploer, fr4om about 100m above the surface pointing the ship nose down about 45 degrees. Took some time to get the hits though and was too close to have both lasers hit at once as the Sentinel was too small.

It took about 3-4 mins of manual aiming but I got it in the end. Reason was my only SRV was destroyed so i had to jump a return trip 250LY each way to restock it and complete the collection. But it can be done.

The blue sky with faint space bodies definitely means atmosphere.
Slowly getting closer to this original atmospheric concept art, hopefully more types of bases and SRVs are also on the cards. ;)

PlanetaryLanding_2.jpg

This appears to be just pvp with legs. If that is indeed the case i will wait until something more is launched. Walking around on a NON atmospheric planet is going to get boring in the first hour. Now if they couple this with atmosphere, then they have something

Need VR please...
I have about eight friends who got VR this past year and several other existing VR friends. I'm planning to push this game hard on them if this DLC has VR support.

Why not VR?, even NMS have it. AFAIK, Elite has VR functional in all, not partial like Tomb Raider.

Last edited:
My Elite Dangerous dreams have come true! I literally CANNOT WAIT for this! This news is so exciting, so inspiring, that it actually fills up some of my "happiness battery", something which is very much drained in these terrible and stressful times. It is literally giving me elation and emotional strength! I'm sure I'm not alone in this!

A humble wish from an old Anarchy Online player: Don't forget the bars, nightclubs and cantinas!

When I think back to my fondest memories of Anarchy Online, I think of
#1 The long days flying around in my Yalmaha ship exploring the world
#2 Doing missions and fighting off bad guys (mostly solo)
#3 Clubbing!

After a lonely and somewhat desolate day of flying around and fighting, it brought such a nice balance to the game to end those days with some relaxation and socializing at one of the many bars. I also loved the fact that I had my fighting armor, but also had several sets of sexy clubbing outfits I could change into. The fact that life in the game was not "just questing" made me feel more immersed in the experience. Like it wasn't "just a game".

The thought that players had spread out in the world, all doing their own things, but then coming together at the regular clubbing times was so cool. It was cool to see the "faces" of fellow players, people I would have never bumped into otherwise. I could imagine that in a game like Elite, where we really are out there all alone out in space, that effect would be even more emphasized.

clubbing_01.jpg

clubbing_07.jpg

clubbing_05.jpg

clubbing_08.gif

I hope so. But unless the suits have magnets in the boots then walking would be restricted to when on a planet or in a station, since there's no artificial gravity in the game. Maybe thrusters or handrails to move around in weightlessness

Magnetic boots are a joke in SC, people running with magnetic boots in the void as they were on earth! LOL

SPAAAAACEEEE LEEEEGGGGGGGGGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Thanks Frontier! Now we know how bright the future looks!

Frontier, can you please confirm that Odyssey is only coming to PC, Xbox Series X, and PS5?

It'd be nice to know that this update is too powerful for Xbox One and PS4!!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom