Fleet Carrier FAQ

(Revised version from the Beta. FAQ )

Fdev Official Fleet Carrier FAQ

Buying a Carrier

You can buy FC in these locations - the vendor is under Contacts. These are all now in Inara https://inara.cz/galaxy-nearest/28/367/0/

Modifying / Administering your Carrier

You can modify them in Vendor systems ^^^ OR Admin systems - again check Inara : https://inara.cz/galaxy-nearest/32/367/0/

Where to get Fuel (Tritium)

Buy Tritium from Orbital Refineries - Inara has them https://inara.cz/galaxy-commodity/10269/ - look for Best Buys - probably don't trust other carriers. Prices from stations can be as low as 4k per ton :)

Transferring Cargo to the Carrier

You can transfer goods to & from your carrier via a new button on your ship's Inventory page (you can't do this via the carrier page). If the button is disabled then going into Filters and switching a filter on & off will usually re-enable it.

1591776824719.png

Getting Tritium From Your Hold to the Depot

Use the Inventory transfer (see above) to transfer it back to your ship, then use the 'Donate' button inside the Tritium Depot (so no, you cannot remotely refuel).

Route Plotting

spansh has a route plotter, alternately you can plot a route on your ship (while docked on the FC) out towards where you want to go, then get the carrier to follow once you hit 500 Ly.

Storage
  • Ship you stock in your shipyard will take up storage space
  • Same with modules
  • Ship you (or others) store in your carrier do not take up space
  • If you sell ships they do not appear for sale in your shipyard
  • Cargo in your carrier will affect your fuel use when jumping
  • ... but cargo in ships does not
  • You can only stock one Tier from a type of modules in outfitting (so Tier 1 or Tier 2 or Tier3)
Decommissioning

Check the in-game codex, then check this post for all the details of where the codex is wrong that you could ever want :)

Getting a ride on an FC

The Fleet Carrier Owners Club (reddit) keeps track of trips FCs are making - normally weekly to Colonia and back and to other popular locations.

That's the ones I can think that have caught a lot out - enjoy the FC!

Last edited:
Route Plotting

spansh has a route plotter, alternately you can jump a ship out towards where you want to go, then remotely get the carrier to follow once you hit 500 Ly.
Thanks for adding this part. You can keep the explo ship docked at the FC. Plot the route using the standard game galmap, then switch to the FC nav galmap and see the route of the explo ship. All of this while docked with the FC.

Thanks for adding this part. You can keep the explo ship docked at the FC. Plot the route using the standard game galmap, then switch to the FC nav galmap and see the route of the explo ship. All of this while docked with the FC.
Yeah - I was thinking that just now - busy trying to boost a new Alt so distracted - thanks for the clarification :)

May I suggest an additional Q to add?

If I'm just out and about in the galaxy and I happen upon a FC, how do I know if it's permitted to dock there?

this is sort of a naive question. what benefits does visiting a carrier give me? does it offer exclusive services or can i make good cash there somehow? why should i care?

this is sort of a naive question. what benefits does visiting a carrier give me? does it offer exclusive services or can i make good cash there somehow? why should i care?
That is a FAQ, but I have no answer, so ....

Edit: I have a couple, and they do open up some fun areas, and I am enjoying them - but ... no, no idea really 🤷‍♂️

If you're out in the black it may be the only pit stop to save your bacon. In the bubble, you can buy/sell commodities for generating credits. Right now many non-FC owners are selling tritium at FCs for a profit.

After you plot a destination for your carrier and know exactly which star or planet it will be orbiting, how can you find the arrival point and watch it leave the hyperspace portal? I've been trying to use the FSS to locate it but I haven't had any luck so far.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a silly question, but how does one transfer tritium stored in the Carrier’s cargo to the fuel depot? Do you have to transfer it back to a ship and deposit it each time?

*Also, direct trading with stations would have been nice.

Maybe i'm just not smart enough but.......i've purchased the Fleet Carrier at Diso - Shifnalport not payng attention that the system is ruled by Edmund Mahon and now my "Carrier Security Rating" says "Independent - welcome" with and independent logo near that.......i'm wondering if there is a way to change that from independent to (hopeful) Federation. Please don't tell me that i have to sell back and rebuy the FC in another Federation ruled FC vendor system! 😵
Cattura.JPG

Top Bottom