Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 - Downtime and Patch Notes

OMG, why are you still complaining about something so trivial...these guys ARE WORKING FROM HOME, a small team, cut them a break if they were too busy fixing all the things we were whinning about to actually let you know AHEAD OF TIME!!! that they fixed everything for you...we should be sending them pizza or something
Well someone clearly has their knickers in a twist and doesn't read replys...

I'm asking why the COMMUNITY team is not interacting with the COMMUNITY. You really think that the community managers are also the developers and they work on every aspect of the game? Seriously? The community team have NOT been busy fixing things because you know, they have DEVELOPERS for that job. Or do you think your waiter at the table when you go for a meal has to cook it too?

I hope the change in Galactic averages doesn't mean that all the mining materials in my hold are now worthless. If not good job guys, if so this means war :) That one line in the notes without explanation isn't promising though.

Would that involve a massive price crash as over-supply from the exploited mining of LTD's would surely indicate that the entire galactic population have 'diamonds on the soles of their shoes', making them worthless?

As it is units and not tons each unit may be one diamond in an extra secure cushioned container. With trillions of humans demand might still be high!

I wish Steam in America didn't take so long to offer the update for download. Obviously this is not Frontier's fault, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

But to Frontier, thanks for fixing all this stuff! I actually BOUGHT Arx to make my brand new fleet carrier pretty :D Of course that means you need to keep tweaking these, Frontier, to make them even more useful (like reversing warm up / cool down times for FC FSD, among many other small QoL changes).

No communication and then a sudden patch means they knew speaking of the patch ahead of time would cause everyone to blitz mine LTD SSMDs before they nerf the dogmess out of their production and the galactic sell prices. Be prepared to rage.

Every time a game starts to feel like its actually rewarding you for playing 4-6 hours per day, devs nerf the hell out of what made it enjoyable. I could understand that in a game that has micro-transactions, but not this one.

Does anyone knows if that fixed the livery for carriers not working?
It was honestly annoying a bit.

(Cannot check right now).

Every time a game starts to feel like its actually rewarding you for playing 4-6 hours per day, devs nerf the hell out of what made it enjoyable. I could understand that in a game that has microtransactions, but not this one.
Enjoy while it lasts. Elite is acually a "goldrush" simlator, when you play extensively before things get nerfed. Then a new gold rush emerges. Been doing so since 2015, and it is still fun to find them.

It's entirely possible the initial observations were incorrect about how it was acquired, but in that case it's probably something Frontier should have made clear to players sooner since some purchase decisions were driven by that. I remember at least one person ruling out certain liveries they'd otherwise like, based on this apparent connection.
As I said, one thing definitely needed going forward for carriers is allegiance decals, since many players were quite proudly displaying theirs.

Reminds me of the time that a NMS patch turned all my Korvax crew into Gek. I am still furious over that.
I'd like the midnight black scheme I have to be extended to my fleet carrier. That would be cool.

I wish Steam in America didn't take so long to offer the update for download. Obviously this is not Frontier's fault, but it's frustrating nonetheless.

But to Frontier, thanks for fixing all this stuff! I actually BOUGHT Arx to make my brand new fleet carrier pretty :D Of course that means you need to keep tweaking these, Frontier, to make them even more useful (like reversing warm up / cool down times for FC FSD, among many other small QoL changes).

Wait, you found id... nice people giving you billions?

Imagine the salt at that! "We have an update coming but we can tell you what's in in it right now". The forums would go ballistic :)
I imagine there would be, that's the case no matter what gets posted, but none of the salt would be coming from me. I'd be perfectly fine just to know that "we'll be dropping a patch next week, but it's too early to tell exactly what will be in it for now."

At least I'd know that somebody still cared about the community rather than just hope :)

I imagine there would be, that's the case no matter what gets posted, but none of the salt would be coming from me. I'd be perfectly fine just to know that "we'll be dropping a patch next week, but it's too early to tell exactly what will be in it for now."

At least I'd know that somebody still cared about the community rather than just hope :)
^^ This!

People being happy because other people can't use a method anymore which made earning money easier.
And specially in a game in which other people's wealth does not affect you in any way.
I, personally couldn't care less and was happy to see more people coming back into the game, now that making money at a reasonable rate was possible.

Top Bottom