Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update Patch 2 - Downtime and Patch Notes

Greetings Commanders,

Today's patch brings a number of changes, primarily focusing on stability and Fleet Carrier fixes. These are due to go live at 10:00 UTC with 15 minutes of downtime expected.

Fleet Carriers
  • Setting a price for a commodity in the market management screen is now much faster.
  • Players can now use "-" when entering ship IDs.
  • Fixed an issue that placed Fleet Carriers in the barycentre when jumping to a binary system, even if space was present around the primary star.
  • Fixed an issue which could cause Fleet Carrier landing pads to be displaced.
  • Removed superpower faction logos from Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented SRVs from being restocked at Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed the timing so that when transferring a ship to a carrier the "Incoming Message" audio now plays at the same time as the message arrives rather than immediately upon requesting the transfer.
  • Fixed a problem with stolen mission cargo getting stuck after being sold to a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue positioning Fleet Carriers near stellar bodies with highly eccentric orbits.
  • Fixed some issues with bookmarking Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed an issue with Limpets sometimes not being restockable at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue with Fleet Carrier shipyards incorrectly interacting with Powerplay control system effects.
  • Fixed an issue causing ship inventory numbers to be displayed incorrectly after selling items to a Fleet Carrier.
Background Simulation
  • Adjusted the way Retreat and Expansion conflicts are resolved: The Retreat state will now be overridden if another faction attempts to expand into the retreating faction's star system by challenging them. The resulting conflict will still evict either the expanding or the previously retreating faction as normal
Mining
  • Surface and sub-surface deposits on asteroids will no longer immediately respawn when re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter.
Galaxy Map
  • Fixed an issue which stopped Squadron Bookmarks appearing.
Installations
  • Fixed an issue with combat bonds not being correctly awarded for scenario objectives when over four players contributed.
Commodities
  • Galactic average prices were updated.
Stability Changes
  • Fixed an Orange Sidewinder connection issue when dropping into an instance with a Starport and Carrier Vendor.
  • Fixed a crash when entering the Commodity Market on a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed a crash when entering Holo-Me customisation at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed a crash when purchasing a Fleet Carrier and immediately viewing it in the galaxy map.
ARX
  • Fixed a bug which meant that selected Fleet Carrier paint jobs would be removed when entering an instance.
Thanks for all of your feedback. Let us know how you find the changes and if any further issues arise!

o7
Still no fix for megaship hacking issue? https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/14359
Nor the military courier vessels disapearing? https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/17607
I think i need to wait until odyssey to come to do more science stuffs :'(

@Bruce Garrido Has the issue with single hotspots outside of the bubble not containing what they advertise been acknowledged?

I travelled 15,000ly into the Formidine Rift on a mining trip, and in probably a good 10-15 Low Temp Diamond hotspots I didn’t find a single sub surface deposit. Now heading home disappointed.

Can we get some kind of acknowledgement that there is an issue here and if it’s going to be fixed?

Many Thanks.

Last edited:
People being happy because other people can't use a method anymore which made earning money easier.
And specially in a game in which other people's wealth does not affect you in any way.
I, personally couldn't care less and was happy to see more people coming back into the game, now that making money at a reasonable rate was possible.

If the next big thing costs 50 billion because of exploited money I cannot hope to afford it. Tell me how it does NOT affect me?

Greetings Commanders,

Today's patch brings a number of changes, primarily focusing on stability and Fleet Carrier fixes. These are due to go live at 10:00 UTC with 15 minutes of downtime expected.

Fleet Carriers
  • Setting a price for a commodity in the market management screen is now much faster.
  • Players can now use "-" when entering ship IDs.
  • Fixed an issue that placed Fleet Carriers in the barycentre when jumping to a binary system, even if space was present around the primary star.
  • Fixed an issue which could cause Fleet Carrier landing pads to be displaced.
  • Removed superpower faction logos from Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed a bug which prevented SRVs from being restocked at Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed the timing so that when transferring a ship to a carrier the "Incoming Message" audio now plays at the same time as the message arrives rather than immediately upon requesting the transfer.
  • Fixed a problem with stolen mission cargo getting stuck after being sold to a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue positioning Fleet Carriers near stellar bodies with highly eccentric orbits.
  • Fixed some issues with bookmarking Fleet Carriers.
  • Fixed an issue with Limpets sometimes not being restockable at a Fleet Carrier.
  • Fixed an issue with Fleet Carrier shipyards incorrectly interacting with Powerplay control system effects.
  • Fixed an issue causing ship inventory numbers to be displayed incorrectly after selling items to a Fleet Carrier.

Mining
  • Surface and sub-surface deposits on asteroids will no longer immediately respawn when re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter.

• Galactic average prices were updated.

o7

I’m fairly happy with most of these changes. In fact, I don’t mind the SSD exploit fixes. But, like I said before. you can’t be just about nerfing. FDEV's job is to balance. There is a REASON why people were exploiting. Because your overlap nerf absolutely murdered appropriate SSD spawn rates. I expect in a hotspot to see a decent amount of appropriate SSD's to match it. Instead it is mostly water and other useless deposits. If you were going to nerf the exploit (and rightly so), you could have at least addressed the root issue of appropriate mineral spawn rates. They are ABYSMAL. CORE asteroids need to be maybe 25% more common and give off at least close to the same amount you could get from an asteroid with 4x SSD's I can literally get more LTD's from a single SSD deposit than an entire CORE. This is absurd.

Secondly.

#1: Thank you for some of the FC changes. However, there are 2 things that need to happen. we should have an option to let Friends/Squad/Wing deposit cargo for free (with a log).

#2: Increase the cap of {% of market average} from 1000% to 2000%. keeping FC's below the max sell value of premium stations. Having the % too low means FC's can’t operate as the mobile markets they were designed to be and having the % too high accomplishes the same thing. Premium stations can buy up to 3000% gal-avg ('I’ve never personally seen higher than 3000%) This is no longer necessary with the changes to Galactic Avg's

#3: MOST IMPORTANTLY - A checkbox option for FC's persistence. Seriously. Has FDEV you been paying attention? The bubble is fracking saturated with FC's. It is nearly impossible to find a parking spot near anywhere of importance. Worst yet is that I know that there a good many that have parked their FC's and just left them hoping people will buy/sell from they, but they won’t due to the market limitations. I am personally tired of seeing FC's with the name [WE BUY LTD MAX] permanently stationed outside Kirri's Icebox. FC parking is an issue. We should have the option to remove them from persistence when we want, only enabling the feature when we want or need to. When disabled the FC acts like any other ship and is only persistent in a private group.

Last edited:
I am personally tired of seeing FC's with the name [WE BUY LTD MAX] permanently stationed outside Kirri's Icebox.
So are we, but at the moment it is the only way to advertise the carrier's prices without going outside the game. I'd much rather call my carrier "Atramentous Rose" instead of "BUYING TRITIUM 28.5K" but that's what I have to do for the moment.

Believe me, as soon as FDev provides a better way to advertise prices, my carrier's name is going back to what I want it to be.

Not without them taking action and dishing out a bunch of bans as well as deleting the credits gained through the exploit.
They can easily backtrack who actively participated in this exploit using their API, lets see if they actually bother to.
If people effectively cheat themself 20bil in a single day and get away with it, im done with this game.
I would not be against such measures, but to me the main annoyance was the bug itself.

If FDev sets a price tag based on money earned by exploits and you blame the exploiters, you are then barking at the wrong tree.
Well, it is what they based the price of carriers on. Looked at the money people had and assumed it was normal amounts. In reality it was due to super grinding in anticipation of the higher prices. They did bring down the costs, though.

OK now hotspot overlaps really need to go

Attachments

• received_1613008678862964.jpeg
    received_1613008678862964.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 441
If FDev sets a price tag based on money earned by exploits and you blame the exploiters, you are then barking at the wrong tree.
They can simply write a query for their API and see whose wallet skyrocketed by billions in a manner of hours,
to then delete the excess money earned that way. And maybe dish out a week or so of ban for the offenders.
Some people sitting on 100's of times the money they would without exploits WILL affect future prices.

Not without them taking action and dishing out a bunch of bans as well as deleting the credits gained through the exploit.
They can easily backtrack who actively participated in this exploit using their API, lets see if they actually bother to.
If people effectively cheat themself 20bil in a single day and get away with it, im done with this game.

So I guess you're going to stop playing now.

This game is BARELY an MMO, whoever made their billions the easy way good for them, I hope they purchased something shiny and new that makes them happy to play their game their way.

I didn't because I'm dumb, also focused on a different target at the moment.

Can we all agree that the entire game from the bottom up should be re-done for balancing in mind, why are there so many sodding limpet controls, where are the modules to add thermal or kinetic protections, the engineers themselves are all over the place and some blueprints are pointless due to their scope or limited effect. The missions seem to have interesting actions but they're presented in such a plain way, it's virtually a format copy of from Frontier: Elite 2 and I reckon that's the most frustrating part of all of this. Elite Dangerous doesn't know what it wants to be, so it fails at pretty much everything it does.

Try one of those mining missions and you'll need a combat ship before jumping in to the mining ship to mine - OR you could try tanking your mining ship and making sure you're in a high security system, but then you lose out on the credit rewards for their destruction plus their bounty.

FDEV needs to do more, we are all hoping a positive change will be seen in the ambulatory update but who knows. Based on past examples it's going to convoluted and strangely random based outcomes and that would only be hilarious to people who already don't play ED and don't want to.

It never ceases to amaze me just how ungrateful and entitled some people are.

If you know re-entering the instance or switching to a ship launched fighter is an exploit which allows you to accrue credits at a rate far in excess of anything else in the game, does it really come as a surprise that the developers move to stop this happening and try to ensure that the game is more balanced for all?

That's the problem, you can see how fast they solve a glitch where you earn lots of money like the SSD one but yet the other activities dont even pay half as much as mining.

This game isn't balanced, It's nice to see they fix stuff, but they shouldn't focus their attention on mining, in my opinion, the other activities are in higher need of a fix or something to make them worth playing

Top Bottom