How much did they all cost?

Whilst this is true it is not the ideal use of a carrier. The smarter way it to get other pilots to load and unload for a large cut of the profits all the time and not just in a CG as you suggest.

Ssshhhhh, don't want to many to know we earn millions of credits a day as smart FC owners, drinking coffee and eating biscuits on a Sunday, not really playing, watching the cargo hold fill and empty.

Once mutual destruction of player fleet carriers are live (by combat), the number of fleet carriers without squadron support will drastically decline.

If it ever will be.

Inara doesn't just report registered FCs. Mine is not registered and it appeared in the list (before the rego change). I think anyone that visits an FC with one of the third party journal tools will register an FC in EDSM.

With all these FCs littering the landscape I feel like the game has been irrevocably changed, and not for the better.
That already happened with engineering.

Given thats just Inara the actual number could be quite a bit higher. That's a whole lot of credits dropped by the community.

I agree with the view that credits are easy. For myself I keep around a couple of billion for rebuy's and top up every now and then. It's engineering materials that can take a bit longer.

Now people have had a little time to get settled with them and I gather parking places are something of an issue, but would carrier owners think it's worth owning one?

I don't have one and I'm not sure I can be bothered to do the grind to get one
The "worth" question is actually the wrong one. It's more like "what else are you going to spend it on?". If you have the funds, you need something to spend it on something. I am not going to have 30b worth of rebuys. So it's not only worth it from that standpoint, it's probably the only valuable asset still left in the game outside of powerplay, engineered and guardian modules.

The only way to win, is not to play?

Oh I play, when I want, but have made 6b cr with my FC in the last 4 weeks, 70% of that passively. Just 4 b to go now and i have 10 years of FC banked, 2b pocket money, and i start this engineering malarky, been ignoring it since 2016. lol.

At the moment, many Carrier owners seem to be trying to make more money. Presumably most will eventually decide that they have enough.

With the apparently limitless supply of money that the bubble has to pay for all these LTDs, and the amount splurged in a few weeks on all these apparently instantly constructable mega-assets, it’s amazing we aren’t playing “Elite: Weimar Republic” ;)

I‘m awaiting the first mission to “Donate 10 million credits so we can use them to light the fire with” :)

In sheer credits, how much is the total cost of Fleet Carriers in the game? Would anyone care to have a guess?
Working backwards ...

Prior to Squadron Season 6 (when Frontier first announced that Carriers were coming before Odyssey) trade incomes were around 8 trillion credits per 8-week season across all squadrons. The average for seasons 6-10 after the announcement was around 20 trillion per season (with season 10 at 33 trillion)

If we assume that this extra income was gained for the purpose of buying a Fleet Carrier then that's roughly 60 trillion credits of extra trade income, just by squadron members on PC.
That would be enough to buy about 10,000 fleet carriers. (Add on a bit more for non-squadron players, console players, people who already had lots of money, etc. if you want, take off some for people who earned more than they needed or didn't earn enough ... for a rough guess that number matches up pretty well with estimates via the third-party tools of how many FCs there currently are)

Not sure where to interject this, but was putzing about in Colonia (system proper) last night and noticed that three of the carriers there were already being decomissioned....hopefully the skies clear up a bit soon.

What percentage of CMDRs register with Inara and keep it up to date with something like EDMC? 50%? Take the number of carriers reported by Inara and double it. 22,000 carriers is closer to reality.

What percentage of CMDRs register with Inara and keep it up to date with something like EDMC? 50%? Take the number of carriers reported by Inara and double it. 22,000 carriers is closer to reality.
Use of tools like EDMC only picks up about 5% of activity, in a typical bubble system. Someone rich enough to own a Fleet Carrier is more likely to, I expect, but still, probably well below 50%.

On the other hand, it doesn't need to be the Carrier's owner that reveals its existence - anyone docking with it will do. Still, Inara' 10k or EDDB's 7k are definitely underestimates.

The only way to win, is not to play?
37gdi9.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how many people get bored with them. And once bored with them, hopefully they will decommission them. But then, once you're sitting on billions of credits and no interest in fleet carriers, what do you do? Having a fleet carrier rebooted my interest in the game, but I realized that if it hadn't, I'd probably not be playing right now.
Why would anyone with 10B+ bother to decommission them? It's not as though they have anything else to do with the credits? With a puny weekly upkeep equal to the reward from a single mission, the operational cost is a joke so there is no need to decommision a FC since it is easy to earn the yearly upkeep in a few hours.

Why would anyone with 10B+ bother to decommission them? It's not as though they have anything else to do with the credits? With a puny weekly upkeep equal to the reward from a single mission, the operational cost is a joke so there is no need to decommision a FC since it is easy to earn the yearly upkeep in a few hours.
And yet there are at least 4 decommissioned ones in Colonia alone.

Top Bottom