ANNOUNCEMENT Community Update July 2020

See @Arthur Tolmie , this kind of communication is what you should be actively rectifying. Basically a forum post titled "Community Update" which updates nothing we haven't heard in half a year already... "Soon we will have more info for you", "Just hold on a while, in the upcoming weeks (may be 40)", "Hold on a wee lil' bit...", "We're almost there..."

Come on, at least throw us a boon here. A screenie. A new ship system icon. A part of a new ships cockpit. You can make it hard to recognize, cut it out of the picture or something. Just... give us something substantial. Please, not the announcement of the announcement of the announcement of future announcements. Or if you absolutely have to do this, just set a firm date. August has 31 days and it's two weeks off from now, so how does it differ from "the upcoming weeks" we're hearing over and over again?

Greetings Commanders,

With the announcement of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, we know you are excited and keen to learn more of whats to come.

Over the coming months we have some really exciting news and content to share with you. We will be kicking things off in August with a fantastic Developers Diary, which will show you some behind the scenes development of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

We can't wait to show you more and we are excited to share this epic journey with you.

o7 Commanders
Oh, my, a superlative in every sentence except the greeting....

Passionate purple prose less the sweaty visceral content.

Oh my goodness, communication!

Well done Arthur (and Stephen) good start!
not really, it´s not comunication, it´s just the announcement of the announcement of a announcement. It´s the new soon, in a few weeks (1-999 weeks) etc. Maybe if they set a date, not a whole month. Maybe a llittle teaser, an image..... something.

Greetings Commanders,

With the announcement of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, we know you are excited and keen to learn more of whats to come.

Over the coming months we have some really exciting news and content to share with you. We will be kicking things off in August with a fantastic Developers Diary, which will show you some behind the scenes development of Elite Dangerous: Odyssey.

We can't wait to show you more and we are excited to share this epic journey with you.

o7 Commanders
I have things to write in this "diary":
  • Better payouts regarding RANK and/or year of possessing game (why? because new players had more advantages than us, older and it's time to turn the wheel :p ).
  • FIX MEGASHIP HACKING where cargo stays inside bays (not the escape pods, the salvages!!!).
  • FIX research limpet mechanics, tissues just explodes on interceptor when they turn to scoop it.
  • (optionnal AFTER tritium fix) Make another way to refuel carriers in main tank ONLY depending on body type (Star, GG, WW). It can take for example one day to full the tank. It will be ofc LESS effective than tritium (to prevent breaking economies like the DSSA initiatives).

Thx if you read this...

Arthur Tolmie

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
not really, it´s not comunication, it´s just the announcement of the announcement of a announcement. It´s the new soon, in a few weeks (1-999 weeks) etc. Maybe if they set a date, not a whole month. Maybe a llittle teaser, an image..... something.
I stated before I will get answers as when I can - there will be news about Odyssey starting from next month with a dev diary. It will continue. Once dates are confirmed the team will share them.

I stated before I will get answers as when I can - there will be news about Odyssey starting from next month with a dev diary. It will continue. Once dates are confirmed the team will share them.

Some of us have been waiting for years for features to be updated, will it be possible to get a yes its getting updated / no its not on the previous features from 1.1 onwards? If I wait eight months only to see these features overlooked after so much discussion I'll be very sad inside.

Some of us have been waiting for years for features to be updated, will it be possible to get a yes its getting updated / no its not on the previous features from 1.1 onwards? If I wait eight months only to see these features overlooked after so much discussion I'll be very sad inside.
But but revealing no updates to Powerplay now will remove all the excitement(tm) from your wait! :)

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the information, and above all I appreciate that you really try to answer and help. but I am eager for information and this community update is completely empty and dispensable. I want more communication, yes, but also that it be useful or simply interesting.

Seriously thanks for answering!

But but revealing no updates to Powerplay now will remove all the excitement(tm) from your wait! :)

It means I can just stop and move on or become a casual. I set EDO as a marker and I flipping well deserve an answer after showing more love for the feature for five bloody years than the devs ever have (bar some notable exceptions). Its been two whole years after Sandro talked about interesting changes and ever since the new lead used that proposal as a mousemat or the office tea boy ate it.

ED is littered with potentially amazing features let down for whatever reason, EDO is a giant chance to set things right. But I'm fed up of "jam tomorrow", "maybe soon", etc.

I am looking forward to Odyssey very much but the current state of the game makes me also fear it a lot.
FDev will REALLY have to pull themselves together to pull this off.

And I do feel a bit bad for Stephen and other CMs who have to tend to the player base after all this mess that devs are causing.

Here’s to a new era!

become a casual
Bro, come over to the retirement ho^H... erm... casual side, we have tea & biscuits and play NMS for fun and DCS for tryharding ;-) The nice thing about self-imposed retirement is that unlike the real retirement you can come back from it if EDO rises like a supernova and shines even brighter. Or, if it totally whitedwarfs and stays there, you'll be already eating biscuits and sipping tea in peace. The war is over for now, Nuke :)

Greetings Commanders,

o7 Commanders

To be perfectly honest, I have zero interest in Odyssey. I play in VR and I got into ED purely because I wanted to fly. Not walk around. Not build bases or stations. Not play an FPS game. FLY. Odyssey is adding aspects that I don't want in the game at all and taking away one that is critical for me. So, I'll be sticking w/Horizons, thanks.

Top Bottom