Patch Notes Fleet Carriers Update - Patch 4 Patch Notes

For what its worth, Nerfing things like the overlapping hotspots and making it much harder to gets credits is not a good idea. I have been trying to get some people interested in this game and they keep hearing bad things like what happened with patch 3. I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears, but this can't continue to happen. I know I'm a nobody but I play and I continue to come back again and again. I would hate to go away because the developers don't like the fact that people are making to many credits. I am ok fixing exploits that clearly give advantages to some. Why can't some of the other long-standing issues be resolved and some of the older game mechanics be enhanced and updated?

Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks

For what its worth, Nerfing things like the overlapping hotspots and making it much harder to gets credits is not a good idea. I have been trying to get some people interested in this game and they keep hearing bad things like what happened with patch 3.

Thanks
Their problem.
Earning credits even without mining is very easy. Combat, when we stack (yes, stack massacres still working, missions must be from different factions) missions and bounty is good. Trade is good. Different missions are good (obviously, not when you want outfited cutter/carrier after few weeks). Mining just broke, annihilate perception of many, many players and they think, that some activities are pointless, and without rewards, because they can't earn 200m/h.
Regards from player, which don't use exploits, and mine 1, maybe 2 times.
PS: Mining was broken. "bad things with patch 3"=lack of possibility of easy and reckless making 200m+ per hour.

And they still talk about punish of new players and money grind xD

Well after few days i surrendered and accepted the fact,
that number of players who are so lazy,
that switching to SSD mining is too much effort for them,
is much higher then I expected.

I guess I have been projecting my adaptation abilities to others.
What actually negates accusations towards me of considering myself better then others,
but this is not what I wanted to write as point.

What really exceeds the limits of my tolerance,
is rejection of Painite laser mining as "new mining meta" and demanding the rollback of the last patch,
bringing back EGG SSD exploit and excessive amounts of LTD in overlaps.

I have to restraint myself from writing what I think about such people,
some of my posts have already disappeared and I treat it as a form of "quiet warning" ;)

Last edited:
View attachment 182147

Update - 28.07.20

Due to an issue found during testing, the date of this patch has been moved to Monday 3 August. It can still be expected at 11:00 UTC with an estimated 15 minutes downtime. Thanks for your understanding!

Greetings, Commanders!

We're pleased to confirm that the patch described in our Known Issues post from earlier this week is expected this Wednesday 29 July at 11:00 UTC with an estimated 15 minutes of downtime. Please find the Patch Notes and Known Issues below:

Patch Notes

Mining
  • Fixed an issue whereby surface deposits created after cracking a motherlode would flag themselves as depleted
  • Fixed issues related to diminishing returns for commodities in overlapping hotspots

Crashes and Stability
  • Fixed an issue where loading into an instance in a system with a large amount of Fleet Carriers would cause very long load times (potentially long enough to cause a disconnect)

Fleet Carriers
  • Fixed an issue which stopped Fighters being restocked from a Fleet Carrier
  • Fixed a number of issues related to Fleet Carrier positioning:
    • Better enforcement of the 16 carrier limit per body
    • Preventing departing Fleet Carriers from taking up one of the 16 slots from the body they've just left
    • Further work to ensure Carriers are positioned away from other nearby body sites, such as other Fleet Carriers

Known Issues

Fleet Carriers
  • When opening the Fleet Carrier naming pop up in the Livery, an additional unwanted character will be added to the start and end of the name. These characters will need to be manually deleted to prevent them being included.

Please note that the above notes are liable to change as adjustments are made and changes are added or removed. Tweaks may be made up until the time of launch.

Thanks as always for your continued feedback!

o7
Thanks for the update news ...
Excellent so I can schedule refuelling mining trips again 👍😊

I'm not at home yet, I will try to find later funny statistics from short mining run in VO hs.

I have found 2 VO cores, 1 LTD core, and had to jump very quickly out because I had full cargo (128t)
Rest was Tritium, which I was mining from SSDs "by the way", only from non- or slowly-rotating rocks,
and sometimes from surface IF deposits were on rock that had SSD too, or very close.

I don't even bother flying 2+km to get 2-3 surface Tri, because I consider it a loss of time :)

I just shoot next 4 prospector almost sure to get at least 2 Tri SSDs, sometimes 3+ times as much.

(No, it's not about ME, it's about mining in nonorthodox places. Everybody can do it.
Even
peasants
)

(No, it's not about ME, it's about mining in nonorthodox places. Everybody can do it.
Even
peasants
)

Clearly not everyone wants to do it.

98% of your posting history is in this thread - constantly ramming 250t per hour for SSD tritium mining down peoples throats. We get it. You made that point clear in your 1st post.

Yet 160 (give or take) posts later you are STILL going on about it. I am watching this thread to see if there are any updates about the patch - not to read/skip an unending stream of drivel about your mining accomplishments. 1 or 2 people in this thread have a love affair with your accomplishments, but on the whole, no one cares - certainly not after 160 posts.

Edit: I refer to 98% loosely - I didn't get my calculator out.

Heh, I just realized how shocking it would be to some of "forumees" to see places like miner's discord where players like me are the "98%" and whiners are exceptions.

They are not happy about changes, but they still enjoy the game, researching math behind current state of mining mechanics just for the sake of it.

I am certainly not "attacking you" and I know a lot of people have been - if you can make 250t p/h from tritium then good for you. Personally, I can make more than that with my Cutter set-up. I have no problems with mining currently as it is, aside from the stupidity of it i.e. if you want X, go to the hotspot for Y etc and of course the broken aspects of it.

But I don't feel the need to preach about it or tell everyone they are doing it wrong 100 times, mining is fine, and post screenshots of my transactions just to make a point. You are enjoying the game, so am I - if others aren't, that's their problem and they will whine regardless. It's how it is.

If you feel that passionately about it, why not update your signature and point them to a Google Doc or something which explains how you do it? And give the rest of us a break.

The IGNORE button can save you from reading a lot of (patronizing) posts ;)
That's what I did and I feel better already :p

Last edited:
Hmmm... so you say it's the right choice to let "98%" dig themselves deeper in delusions of "Mining tritium is impossible" and "Mining credits earnings are ruined"?

I guess you may be right.
I shouldn't be triggered to help every time I see some poor clueless commander complaining about mining 25t Tri in 5 hours or so.

The IGNORE button can save youfrom reading a lot of posts

Ignore is for the ignorant :)

I used to work with someone who wasn't the brightest crayon in the box. He would come to me with ideas, most of which were dross - but I would listen. Out of 100 ideas, if he comes up with just 1 good idea which helps me or my business, it was worth listening to the other 99. However, he didn't repeat his 1 idea 160 times to me.

The point being, you may post something one day which I will think "Hmmmm didn't think of that."

Hmmm... so you say it's the right choice to let "98%" dig themselves deeper in delusions of "Mining tritium is impossible" and "Mining credits earnings are ruined"?

It's not right or wrong - it's THEIR choice. You aren't the Elite Dangerous Police to chastise those who don't follow your holy word. You made your point 30 odd pages ago yet you are still trying to "convert" people like some zealot.

Top Bottom