Why do people wait until a community goal, to be oles?

Dude. It's a computer game set in the 34th century. There are spaceships and aliens and lasers go pew pew. Political intrigue of every stripe is on display on a regular basis.

If it is just a game it should not be hard for you to adjust your behaviour to accommodate the sensitivities of others. Or is it only everybody else that should change so you can do whatever you want?

:D S

If it is just a game it should not be hard for you to adjust your behaviour to accommodate the sensitivities of others. Or is it only everybody else that should change so you can do whatever you want?

It doesn't matter what I do. Open Play is Open Play. You could get smoked all the same.

Your ship. Your responsibility. Just like Ian said.

Which part is that? The one where someone does something in the game that makes your play more difficult and you don't like it?

Lol... what's your point?

You tried to hold my scenario up as "fair". If you knew anything about the BGS, you'd know it's anything but fair, just the same as ganking is unfair. Creating scenarios which are unfair for other parties is inherent to achieving success in a competitive environment.

And that's all good! Neither are cases of bullying!

When I play a game of PES, F1, RDR2, C6, CK3 and so forth I play to win. Others oppose me. It's up to me to counter them.

If the general concept of playing against others allude you, feel welcome to opt for Solo.

Lol... what's your point?

You tried to hold my scenario up as "fair". If you knew anything about the BGS, you'd know it's anything but fair, just the same as ganking is unfair.

Until recently, everybody was on the same level when it comes to working the BGS. No amount of twitch-based skills would make you better or worse at trading commodities, and the amount of skill needed to harvest bounties or combat bonds can be debated and is dependent on ship build as well. The fleet carriers may have changed that. Or maybe not, time will tell.

Keep telling yourself that. Maybe underline it too. It may feel more true then as well.

Low life, now I'm a bully because of the way I play a video game. Do you really think you're making a good case for your point when you result to name calling?
I'm really sorry you feel that way and I hope to someday change your mind. In the game yes, I am a bad guy, I prefer galactic villain but out of the game I'm nothing like that. I think there are many here that would agree that I'm the farthest thing from a bully and I hope that I can show you that.

Also I have no beef with the names you call me, others have called me much worse, I'm just trying to show you how hypothetical it is to try to stand on a moral high ground then call other people names because they play the game a different way.
I think you mean 'hypocritical'. Low Life and Bully are descriptors for the thuggery that you wish to endorse as valid game play. For you perhaps. For me, I'd very happily live without PvP being a thing in this game. I wholesale reject the violent mindset of men. For me you are everything that is wrong with this RL world we live in.

Just a hypothetical: You say that in RL that you are nothing like the in-game villainous character you 'play'. So why do you need to play a villainous character if this does not meet some need in your character? Why do you feel you need to defend your right to seal club people who just want to play a game without getting people like you ganking them? Personally, I think the hypocrisy is right there...

Edit: and btw, you know nothing about me either. I lived as a man for 40 years before I transitioned 17 years ago. A life I'm very glad to put well behind me. But it did provide the opportunity to know very intimately how and why men think the way they do...

Last edited:
Until recently, everybody was on the same level when it comes to working the BGS. No amount of twitch-based skills would make you better or worse at trading commodities, and the amount of skill needed to harvest bounties or combat bonds can be debated and is dependent on ship build as well. The fleet carriers may have changed that. Or maybe not, time will tell.
lol. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that too.

But hey, bullying is pretty clearly against the T&C. Let me know how far you get getting someone banned for attacking you without reason.

There's also countless threads out there labelling things I've done with the bgs "griefing" or "trolling", whether public or not.

Bottom line, I'm just playing the game. If someone wants to get sad because, say, Jacques got UA bombed, that's on them.

Last edited:
Diminishing the experience of others by ruining their enjoyment and then using the "I was also just playing" excuse to justify it is bullying behaviour. As you say yourself, that doesn't make you a bully in general. However a lot of discomfort is caused by those who don't recognise the hurt they may cause to those with a different view of things.

We can probably discuss who is most right (or least wrong) until the cows come home. In the end we all need to share the same playground and FD has not been a particularly good grownup when it comes to refereeing our playtime. The PvP types don't have a corner they can blow steam off in within the main game. As we have been saying for the last 5 to 6 years: giving crime and punishment some real teeth, upping the ante for those who want to take that kind of risk, and making criminal paths into engaging game play could really make this game exciting. I'm as usual full of good ideas, but I shall spare you those.

Well said!

But hey, bullying is pretty clearly against the T&C. Let me know how far you get getting someone banned for attacking you without reason.
What!!???!! Bullying 'is' the T&Cs! That's why C&P is such a poor joke!

I've recently seen an AspX going into one of the burning stations without shields. In Open.

That's right - not only do they need to worry about damage from PvP, but also the environment itself.

I was so flabbergasted to see that I ... just froze and didn't do anything. I will follow your approach next time I think!
LoL did they know that there are explosions randomly happening inside the barrel I wonder?

you'd be surprised how easily one can make a ship to survive a gank. all it takes is a big shield genny, some boosters and a chaff launcher and you'll be able to walk away, assuming you know what to do
Possibly, but with FSD torps etc etc a wing of gankers will kill you...

There's also countless threads out there labelling things I've done with the bgs "griefing" or "trolling", whether public or not.

Bottom line, I'm just playing the game. If someone wants to get sad because, say, Jacques got UA bombed, that's on them.

UA bombing Jacques was a hilarious piece of mischief that we have gotten a lot of good story out of. It was not a player ganking another player for no particular reason.

I’m not sure why you can’t tell the difference.

Top Bottom