ANNOUNCEMENT Elite Dangerous: Horizons Set to Land for All Commanders

I did this once as a laugh- do you mean to tell me.....it could be....real?

Late-Night.png
May I join your squadron franchise? 🤗

Greetings Commanders,

We are happy to announce that Elite Dangerous: Horizons will become a free update for the base game on the 27 October 2020 for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox users.

After the fold down, anyone who owns Elite Dangerous will get access to Horizons content and features free of charge, and all future purchases of Elite Dangerous will include this content.

As a huge thank you to everyone who has purchased Elite Dangerous: Horizons over the past four years you will be receiving an exclusive Azure ship paint job compatible with ALL ships currently in the game.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons brings planetary landings to the Elite Dangerous galaxy, together with weapon crafting, ship-launched fighters and exhilarating multicrew co-op action. This premium expansion also allows players to put wheels on the ground and explore the galaxy up-close with the SRV Scarab ground vehicle, and access to many surface star ports and other locations

Elite Dangerous: Horizons will remain on sale on all platforms until 26 October to allow players a last chance to obtain the exclusive Horizon owner reward.

o7 Commanders
Thank you FDEV.
Good move.

The problem comes from the "gift" of 1 skin for ships.
Horizons is still in digital stores for € 25 and for those who bought it at the time for € 35 when it was launched.
In my opinion they should make this announcement and Ipso facto update the game with this change, and if it has not been possible for some reason instead of a skin, upload the gift to a couple of ship kits or directly game credits.
1 skin for every ship in the game so more like 30 something skins (not sure about SLFs and SRVs).
Edit - ninja'd by @Factabulous

Last edited:
Good move, now restrict power play to open only on this date, no more excuses about engineered vs not in open
It would stop ps4 cmdrs without ps+ from aquiring pp modules. Best to accept this will never happen. At this point its beating the dust that was once a dead horse.

Not that i mind though. It usually makes for an entertaining conversation to lurk through

Greetings Commanders,

We are happy to announce that Elite Dangerous: Horizons will become a free update for the base game on the 27 October 2020 for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox users.

After the fold down, anyone who owns Elite Dangerous will get access to Horizons content and features free of charge, and all future purchases of Elite Dangerous will include this content.

As a huge thank you to everyone who has purchased Elite Dangerous: Horizons over the past four years you will be receiving an exclusive Azure ship paint job compatible with ALL ships currently in the game.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons brings planetary landings to the Elite Dangerous galaxy, together with weapon crafting, ship-launched fighters and exhilarating multicrew co-op action. This premium expansion also allows players to put wheels on the ground and explore the galaxy up-close with the SRV Scarab ground vehicle, and access to many surface star ports and other locations

Elite Dangerous: Horizons will remain on sale on all platforms until 26 October to allow players a last chance to obtain the exclusive Horizon owner reward.

o7 Commanders

so i paid £50 to beta pre-order Horizons as paid content and now the next PAid content is on the "horizon" all i get is a lousy piece of crap Paint job? what a jip.. could have at least given us a credit boost and and ad shed load of arks... or more apropriately a *** lyalyty discount toward ODDESSY when it goes on sale? for crying out loud FDEV you know better than this.. a SODDING paint job?

People would play PowerPlay for the GAME part.
That must be why its so popular already😂😂

Really though, I've been trying to get interested in pp and the more I try to want to the more it seems like rewardless grind once you have the module. It doesn't need open only, it needs to have actual benefits of involvement. I'm sure when it was first put in it was a worthy endeavor but now......

Whhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I paid for horizons... whine whine whine whine whine midnight black paint job whine free by the way whine

Bill

PS no other paint job has come close :cool:

PPS I've paid Fdev full price for everything including my beloved Jack o'Lantern bobblehead... and its been well worth the money for the amount of gameplay and friends(and enemies) made over the past 5 yrs... now about that Jebediah Kerman bobblehead you promised a couple of years ago ;)

Top Bottom