General / Off-Topic 2020: COVID is not the worst part for me.

• Thread starter Deleted member 110222
  • Start date
I still get sad when look at pictures of my cat died 7 year ago.
Try not think about. don't have dog picture as screensaver etc.
I do not agree.

Why deny the existence of your animal ?

Do not erase his image from your memory.

Always have the photos on the wall to see him every day and honor him.

In the garden, I have all my cats buried.

I put flowers on their graves and often sit near them.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

There is a park near to where I live, it is a very popular dog walking spot. There is a building in the car park and on one of the walls local owners have taken to writing the names of their deceased dogs on it. It's rather touching. I have a picture of it but am unsure if it is wise to post. It may be a bit much if some people are still raw.

There is a park near to where I live, it is a very popular dog walking spot. There is a building in the car park and on one of the walls local owners have taken to writing the names of their deceased dogs on it. It's rather touching. I have a picture of it but am unsure if it is wise to post. It may be a bit much if some people are still raw.
An original initiative of the owners.

Hopefully this wall won't be cleaned.

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

I had to pop Ivy chickens clogs for her this morning, poor little sausage was in so much pain she could barely move when the painkillers hadn't kicked in and I had to give her water by hand. No chance of survival just a slow death in pain and fear, doing the decent thing is hard but far better for her now.

She had five years of being very spoiled and a last cuddle on my knee in the sun. Once she dropped off to sleep I quickly broke her neck.

Now buried under the Blackberry bush.

I had to pop Ivy chickens clogs for her this morning, poor little sausage was in so much pain she could barely move when the painkillers hadn't kicked in and I had to give her water by hand. No chance of survival just a slow death in pain and fear, doing the decent thing is hard but far better for her now.

She had five years of being very spoiled and a last cuddle on my knee in the sun. Once she dropped off to sleep I quickly broke her neck.

Now buried under the Blackberry bush.
A moving story, one more unfortunately for all of us and for them, our animal friends. 😢

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

A moving story, one more unfortunately for all of us and for them, our animal friends. 😢

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

She was a laying breed commercial producers have bred them overtime to be over productive and lay once a day for the first year then they are mass slaughtered for dog food or whatever and they start all over again. In the wild they lay about one egg a month.

After the first year they are worn out, so Ivy at five years old just couldn't make egg shell anymore despite all the calcium supplements I gave her and one burst inside her. When that happens they can get egg peritonitis which is an internal infection from retained yolk.

Sometimes with TLC antibiotics and painkillers you can nurse them through it, I've a few retired hens who no longer lay at all. She had it really badly though so there was no hope.

I'll miss her jumping onto my shoulder making two happy "boops" in my ear and immediately hopping down again to dig for worms.

She was a laying breed commercial producers have bred them overtime to be over productive and lay once a day for the first year then they are mass slaughtered for dog food or whatever and they start all over again. In the wild they lay about one egg a month.

After the first year they are worn out, so Ivy at five years old just couldn't make egg shell anymore despite all the calcium supplements I gave her and one burst inside her. When that happens they can get egg peritonitis which is an internal infection from retained yolk.

Sometimes with TLC antibiotics and painkillers you can nurse them through it, I've a few retired hens who no longer lay at all. She had it really badly though so there was no hope.

I'll miss her jumping onto my shoulder making two happy "boops" in my ear and immediately hopping down again to dig for worms.

Never knew any of that about chickens.

Never knew any of that about chickens.

They've never really been kept as pets until quite recently so all the veterinary treatment is cutting edge experimental stuff pioneered by impractical idiots like me. Usually if a chicken looks a bit down they just get eaten, mine come in the house and get pampered till they get better.

📺🐤🐥🐤 😍

Top Bottom