What other games are we all playing?

Sorry about this, but I have to ask.

PlayStation 4. I have had mine about a year and there is a black Friday sale on PS+ and I am thinking about buying it. I understand, the difference between Plus and Now. Now is like a netflix for all Sony games and Plus is to play on line.

However: I have read that if I buy a game, using the PS+ discount, I will lose said game, if I cancel my PS+ subscription. Is this correct?

However: I have read that if I buy a game, using the PS+ discount, I will lose said game, if I cancel my PS+ subscription. Is this correct?

I don't think that's the case. The games you get free every month (you get two - their choice) will no longer be "yours" if you cancel your sub, but anything you actually buy outright is yours regardless.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I mean asides from Assassin's Creed Valhalla which, despite the series becoming less like AC with each game, is a good and visually stunning game.
50592885733_b801a69270_o.jpg

50606660476_a9418e19df_o.jpg

50610425968_f136dd5d5f_o.jpg

The album is here as there's some photos I really can't share on the forums https://flic.kr/s/aHsmS5EVtw

The new season on Diablo 3 has just started, and I can't help myself...

Sorry about this, but I have to ask.

PlayStation 4. I have had mine about a year and there is a black Friday sale on PS+ and I am thinking about buying it. I understand, the difference between Plus and Now. Now is like a netflix for all Sony games and Plus is to play on line.

Playstation user here 🙋

If you redeemed free games from the service, then it is tied to that service. So if you got God of War from the PS+ Collection for free, when it expires, it won’t be available until you renew your PS+ subscription or buy the game.

However! If you bought a game with PS+ discount, and the subscription ended, it is still yours to play. You paid for that game fair and square, the subscription basically gave you an exclusive discount is all.

Playstation user here 🙋

If you redeemed free games from the service, then it is tied to that service. So if you got God of War from the PS+ Collection for free, when it expires, it won’t be available until you renew your PS+ subscription or buy the game.

However! If you bought a game with PS+ discount, and the subscription ended, it is still yours to play. You paid for that game fair and square, the subscription basically gave you an exclusive discount is all.
Thanks

I mean asides from Assassin's Creed Valhalla which, despite the series becoming less like AC with each game [...]

Imho, that's a net positive. In fact, should they drop the AC name, call the games "Fantasy History" or something else, and remove those contrived mandatory modern-day conspiracy cutscenes, they'd have an absolute winner on their hands (not to mention more freedom to write a story without being forced to plug it into their stupid bloodline). Plus, that'd allow them to have a side project doing actual AC games for AC fans since I presume they still exist.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Imho, that's a net positive. In fact, should they drop the AC name, call the games "Fantasy History" or something else, and remove those contrived mandatory modern-day conspiracy cutscenes, they'd have an absolute winner on their hands (not to mention more freedom to write a story without being forced to plug it into their stupid bloodline). Plus, that'd allow them to have a side project doing actual AC games for AC fans since I presume they still exist.
Have you seen Immortals Fenix Rising?
Source: https://youtu.be/Y2k-gc_OJgg

It's basically AC Odyssey crossed with Breath of the Wild. I'm not sure though, I'm going to keep an eye on it.

I've been playing the series since the start. The first 4 games were great and that's really where the series should have stopped to be honest. They could have finished it off nicely after the Ezio trilogy, but they realised they were making a lot of money and so decided to push on and "adapt" the storyline... AC3 is an abomination. Black Flag was OK, but by that point they had literally no idea what they were trying to do with the story.

At least with the reboots, they've gone back more to the original split between the past and the present 90-10% But as you say they would probably be better if they just weren't even trying to be AC games, Origins suffered quite a bit from it.

I'm not bearded, and this was definitely nothing to do with me! No sir...
50589334058_eef7f47c85_o.jpg
I tried playing as a female Eivor since I much preferred Kassandra as a character in Odyssey...but the voice acting was a bit 'butch' and forced for my tastes. I thought...if I'm going to be that butch, I might as well have a decent beard to go with it. :D

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I tried playing as a female Eivor...but the voice acting was a bit 'butch' and forced for my tastes. I thought...if I'm going to be that butch, I might as well have a decent beard to go with it. :D
I left it on the option for it to decide. I thought that was quite an interesting concept, but I have no idea what triggers it. I'm not sure if it's related to your skill choices or not but I got up to getting my settlement to level 2 (30 hours or so for me as I get distracted)
I built Valka's hut and after I drunk the potion to play as Odin
And that was the first time the game chose for me to play as the Male character. I'd gotten used to the female Eivor's voice by that point and it seemed quite jarring to suddenly be a male character. Though it fitted the situation. I think if the mixing of personalities happened more often it might possibly work, but I'm going to stick to female now and play as male if there is replay value.

I've been playing ESO, Assassins Creed, Total War Warhammer II, World of Warships and more recently Grounded.

A fair few games but I haven't played ED since Feb-Mar 19.

Is the Iridescent paint available yet?

I’ve been playing Alien: Isolation in Isolation.

I completed it the year it came out, haven’t gotten around to playing it again until now.
It is such a fantastic game, the attention to detail, sound design and overall story are exceptional.

I’m not keen on horror titles, but I am extremely fond of the Alien movies and could not pass on this game.

Top Bottom