All the answers from "AMA - first edition (Arthur, Bruce, Stephen & Paul)" collated into one post

It was interesting that every single question about RAXXLA was ignored, redacted, or avoided as a spoiler.

That's what I call "Plausible Deniability".

We don't have any upcoming changes planned for the Fleet Carrier UI but are open to any suggestions and feedback.

iu

Is there any information available yet on what happens when you die on foot. I don't mean where you respawn, but rather what the penalties will be -- does your suit have a "rebuy" like your ship ... Do you lose your ship?

Q: I know that you mentioned in the balancing thread that you didn't have plans to make any changes to Smuggling at the moment, but could I ask if you noted that there is a major bug which lowers the sell price of illegal goods by 25%? It would be fantastic if the team could just fix this one thing as part of the balancing changes, so at least Smugglers are not penalised and almost always losing credits. Here is a link to the issue, which has been confirmed and has many votes. https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/12357

I'm keen for smuggling to become a viable high-risk/high-reward alternative to trading as I alluded to in the other thread you just mentioned. As for the 25% bug, I can confirm that by virtue of being on the Issue Tracker it can be considered known and fitted into QA/Devs agenda for being investigated.
THANK GOD SOMEONE ASKED!

Couple of really juicy ones in there around engineers and mats.

yes, these guys are now definitely listening. then again their influence will be limited, but it's still something.

just noted that this, the only question i had hit "like" for, went unanswered:
What are the plans for networking in odyssey? will it be p2p or will it be server based for FPS gameplay?

a simple, straight-forward, 0% noise and 100% relevant question. just ingored.

also obviously a depth charge, but there were many ways to neutralize it like they have done with other questions, quite efficiently and even with good humor. the fact that this particular one was simply ignored by all three representatives is a bit of a let down, though, and raises questions ... is this taboo? is there any actual tension? or didn't they even take the question seriously? maybe it was offensive? i think it's a very serious question, actually one of the most legitimate and consequential (if not the most) in the whole show.

next time, pretty please.

Is there any information available yet on what happens when you die on foot. I don't mean where you respawn, but rather what the penalties will be -- does your suit have a "rebuy" like your ship ... Do you lose your ship?

you should have asked to the devs during AMA. Instead it was full of silly people asking for RAXXLA.
I have asked 2 reasoneable questions and I have been answered clearly.
Honestly 90% of the questions were dumb. If you make dumb questions you can't expect other than dumb answers.

Top Bottom