Pre-Order Launcher Issue Update

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Greetings Commanders,

We believe a fix is now in place for all new Odyssey pre orders.

For players who have already pre ordered Odyssey and are still experiencing these issues, we have a workaround thanks to @TeslaKat to get you back into the game.

1. Right-click on Elite Dangerous in Steam
  2. Go to the "DLC" tab
  3. Uncheck the "Elite Dangerous: Odyssey" DLC
  4. Go to the "LOCAL FILES" tab
  5. Click "VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES..."
  6. After it runs the check, it will tell you that it found some issues with some files and fix the problem after which the game will be playable again.
Resolving this issue is our highest priority at the moment and we are working hard to find a solution.

We appreciate your patience whilst we try to resolve this.

o7

Greetings Commanders,

For players who have already pre ordered Odyssey and are still experiencing these issues, we have a workaround thanks to @TeslaKat to get you back into the game.

2. Go to the "DLC" tab
  6. After it runs the check, it will tell you that it found some issues with some files and fix the problem after which the game will be playable again.
Resolving this issue is our highest priority at the moment and we are working hard to find a solution.

o7
I've not preordered yet but will do today. Thank you for staying up so late to keep us informed, I appreciate it :)

Greetings Commanders,

2. Go to the "DLC" tab

o7
So does this mean we can update it now? Or should we hold off?

Also, what is in that 5.8gb update? Anything we get to mess with immediately? Or is it just a preload?

Thanks for working so late to get this fix and information out, I wasn't expecting anything until the morning in Frontier's timezone at least.

Greetings Commanders,

2. Go to the "DLC" tab

o7
Cheers 👍

I have a problem when I want to order it through your website.
Add the product to the shopping cart = works.
My address = correct.
In the payment option is only written (New card).
Other payment options not listed there.
Since I want to pay with Paypal.... ends my shopping attempt already there.

I click nevertheless further comes the following error message

Error from provider: Could not decode JSON, syntax error - malformed JSON.<br/>There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later

This makes it impossible for me to place a pre-order.

Ps: I’m a lifetime expansion pass holder

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited:
@Stephen,

Thanks for the quick fix, the launcher is back up and running, will You update us when You fix the dlc pls? Much appreciated.

Respect for staying up so long to try and resolve it 👍

Hi Stephen,

What happens if you were an original Alpha backer or have the expansion pass? Pre-ordering to get Alpha is not possible? Can you confirm we are already in Alpha?
I've criticised Frontier on many counts, but they have never failed to apply all the updates to my account at the appropriate time.

My feeling here is what's the rush? Why give Frontier your money now when the start of alpha beta is still unknown?

I've criticised Frontier on many counts, but they have never failed to apply all the updates to my account at the appropriate time.

My feeling here is what's the rush? Why give Frontier your money now when the start of alpha beta is still unknown?
Perhaps there will be some exclusive MkIV boots for pre-order customers, or maybe buy it now before we change our minds.

Ok so are we still waiting for a further update for the launcher? I have paid through the store, used the required download link, which supposedly updates the installer through which I suppose we then download Odyssey, but it's not listed as an option, I am guessing they have removed the Odyssey install and will put it back at a later date when they have fixed the issue? Or is everyone else getting it and me the only one having a problem?

Top Bottom