Soooo... alpha is when? ;p

Deleted member 182079

D
Never, at least for me.

Because last time I checked, as a software company you can be grateful if you get my free time to test your product free of charge. Actually making me pay for experiencing even more bugs than we'll likely have to endure at launch is pretty darn cheeky to be honest.

Even the price for the basic pre-order is pretty borderline to what I've been expecting (25 Euros, as opposed to 29 Sterlos). Maybe it already includes WTO tariffs...

For those who have the lifetime expansion pass they already have guaranteed access to the Odyssey alpha and beta? Does anyone already have this answer?

Even the price for the basic pre-order is pretty borderline to what I've been expecting (25 Euros, let alone 29 Sterlos)
The price is 50% more than I expected the expansion to be, and of course, double for whatever 'benefit' having access to the beta might bring... Paying to participate in a beta run? I'd need a lot more convincing to pay out just £10 less than an alleged "AAA" game that came out yesterday! (and am already considering I was robbed at that price!)

For those who have the lifetime expansion pass they already have guaranteed access to the Odyssey alpha and beta? Does anyone already have this answer?
Going by what we've had in the past, Short answer: Yes
Long answer, we know we're getting the expansion and Frontier opened up beta testing for everyone years ago. Alpha testing an expansion is new, we did Alpha test the game back in 2014 before the official launch.

Deleted member 182079

D
The price is 50% more than I expected the expansion to be, and of course, double for whatever 'benefit' having access to the beta might bring... Paying to participate in a beta run? I'd need a lot more convincing to pay out just £10 less than an alleged "AAA" game that came out yesterday! (and am already considering I was robbed at that price!)
It is genuinely annoying me if I'm honest with you. It'll pass, and I'll eventually pre-order the standard version, but come on Frontier.

Also, back OT, judging from the reports of people having issues with store/5GB downloads etc. it appears the Alpha already started:D I'm staying well clear of this until closer to launch date.

Well, after all the client login problems I had this morning I finally got it sorted. I can say I am quite pleased.

ED-Odyssey-Client.jpg

I'd say somewhere between late Jan.- early March, with beta somewhere in March.

But there's no real telling at this point.

A lot of people were speculating a January full release based on the "just a weekend missed" by FD. January-April is a bit longer than "a weekend".
And yes, I can make that complaint because up until then, everything had been "on track for a late 2020 release".

A lot of people were speculating a January full release based on the "just a weekend missed" by FD. January-April is a bit longer than "a weekend".
And yes, I can make that complaint because up until then, everything had been "on track for a late 2020 release".
I'm with you on this track of thinking now... I too heard David Braben's speech saying just that!

Top Bottom