Game Discussions Star Citizen Discussion Thread v12

Put on a cow outfit, jump on your Ural, drive through the wall of the Chairman's Club and sing Crazy Frog at the bartender
Say, hadn't you given someone a similar advice about white rabbit make-up and a crossbow several years ago?

The boot did it!

Last edited:
Put on a cow outfit, jump on your Ural, drive through the wall of the Chairman's Club and sing Crazy Frog at the bartender - and they will certainly notice.
Or as they say in Scotland: it's tuesday.

I honestly thought it was you when i saw it posted on the subreddit !

The 10yr+ Star Citizen & Squadron 42 project in a nutshell
Indeed yet people suggest its the thread which is abnormal in order to distract from the project which spawns all of this ^^

Thats positively awesome ^^ Reminds me of my EVE days when me and the rest of my carebear corp said "enough is enough" and we staged a "Venture assault" at a gate killing everything like a locust swarm. No capital ship kills but scores of smaller ones died that day ^^

Why are the miners angry tho?

Indeed yet people suggest its the thread which is abnormal in order to distract from the project which spawns all of this ^^

If the project fails it will be the fault of this thread's FUDstery.

And yes, please some context on the Angry Miners. From the outside it sounds as if a bunch of miners have brought down a Corvette with their PP lasers....and we think 'But doesnt that Corvette cost hundreds of dollars?'

There I compared the 2 games, is everyone happy now!

Emergency meeting at Aegis Dynamics. A short glimpse.

CEO: I m getting angry calls from some of our biggest spenders and it disrupts my quiet time in my new mansion. Whats happening?
Dude1: We are still trying to figure out....
Dude2: (interrupts) Its the Idris line sir.
CEO: My brain baby? Whats the problem? Did somebody figure out the "limited supply" scam we are running?
Dude2: No sir, thats fine, nobody figured that out yet. Sales are going strong whenever we open up the store even tho nobody got one delivered yet....
CEO: (relieved breath) phew I got worried for a second. Alright then, whats the problem? The Idris is the most powerful vessel in our portfolio. Dont tell me we ran out of gloss paint again? Just leave it bare and call it "industrial version"....put on another 25% of the price, that should do it.
Dude2: a bunch of ragtag miners destroyed one.....
CEO and rest of the room: ..........................................
CEO: (laughs nervously) damn Sandi is right, I need to go to the doc about my ears. Imagine I just heard you saying our APEX WARSHIP MODEL was wrecked by some hillbillies and their stone heaters hahaha
Dude2: ....thats exactly what happened sir.
CEO: (sputters) WHAT? HOW? WHY? No, go back to HOW. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?
Dude1: As I said we are still trying to figure that out sir. Initial reports say they melted the ship in a short time.
CEO: So they cheated somehow? Whats the weakness they exploited? Or was it an unmanned derelict just sitting there? We got to get ON this horse people, the backlash might affect our stock value!!!!
Dude1: Far as we can tell the Idris was at peak power, fully alert and trying its best to fend off the miners sir.
CEO: (getting angry) Lets not forget who works for who here. Why am I the only one providing some sort of explanation? Somebody tell me the reason RIGHT NOW!!!!
Various dudes look at each desperately: ....
Derek Smarts bug on the Janitor bot sweeping the room: -crackle- its because the design suuuuuuucks pal LOL, 90 days tops

Lets leave that scenario for now and get back to our regular program ^^

And yes, please some context on the Angry Miners. From the outside it sounds as if a bunch of miners have brought down a Corvette with their PP lasers....and we think 'But doesnt that Corvette cost hundreds of dollars?'

You're supposed to shut up. You have nothing nice to say about Star Citisnt. Only the righteous are allowed to talk about it. You just defile the sacred words.

I would like to say "power creep" a serious problem in many long-running games freaturing a progression system. When your players spend enough time accumulating bonuses and powerups the majority will eventually sit at the top 1% performance level at which point most game challenges become obsolete forcing devs to introduce bigger challenges to keep people interested. After a few turns of this circle the average power level is so high that outdated content or previously challenging encounters turn into pleb-fodder.

Several issues with this....
  • Star Citizen isnt even released yet
  • Star Citizens only "progression system" are the ships and player wallets

I mean if we look over the ship designs over the years it does look like power creep to me. But I m a hater and dont play the game myself so I guess that can be dismissed instantly anyway ^^

No seriously. While in actual games older content eventually becomes so easy or the playerbase so powerful that things like this happen (basically raid content becoming soloable) this isnt the reason here. Other people already described the problem which is that the Idriss in its current form has next to no defense against small ships. Due to a combination used weaponry, coding and server performance the "Idriss event" is basically a "Money Piñata" which requires next to no skill or effort to reap its rewards. While some people try to paint it as this epic and legendary encounter others tell it as it is.....you sit there motionless and hold down your trigger for 10 minutes straight until the Idriss goes BOOM. I was watching a Failure stream when he was going over the encounter and really.....miners killing the Idriss only points out the incompetence of the encounter design which IMO is perfectly in tune with the rest of the alpha.

Its a simple balance problem and oversight or maybe this is the best CIG can do (Idriss spawning in, sitting there and firing its big runs). Talking about insufficient AI routines or imagining an AI crew fighting the assault desperately on the insight, hidden from view is just dreamcrafting. Some tweaking is required I m just not sure CiG will "get to that" now that the event is basically over and done with. Far more likely that this issue will find its place in the massive backlog of "required improvements and tweaks" sitting in some dark CiG cellar collecting dust

Why are the miners angry? I ve read through the comments and found no reason :(

Zero_Foxxtrot

new user/low karma
4 days ago

We had 20 in the group, it was mostly us there fighting in moles. But ya I hear you on the torp guy.

20 people in 20 ships is seriously impressive tho. Its sad that I have to say this for a project 10 years in the works but hey, not gonna lie ^^

Last edited:
What cracks me up about the comments is the beating of the "framerate" horse in there going full circle. Why are your frames so smooth dude? Oh thats because I have such a good computer. I always run SC that well. Awww damn, time for an upgrade. You need to run the game on a SSD. Cracks me up ^^ just the usual "it must be you" excuse

What is the purpose of this thread?
To blame AA, his computer and - most importantly - his cat to not use the correct SSD, coffee blend and roll-on deo stick when playing Stink Catacomb. A game by Robert Christs.
Then we switch over to pineapple infidels and get out the torches and pitchforks. I've worked secretly towards making the mods lenient in this matter.

You need to run the game on a SSD. Cracks me up ^^ just the usual "it must be you" excuse
If the guy doesn't run SC on a SSD or with less than 16Gb of mem, it's effectively the main reason of lower FPS than other players with same GPU+CPU.
If it's repeated ad nauseam in comments, it's because it's true and with huge effects on the smoothness of the game.

If the guy doesn't run SC on a SSD or with less than 16Gb of mem, it's effectively the main reason of lower FPS than other players with same GPU+CPU.
If it's repeated ad nauseam in comments, it's because it's true and with huge effects on the smoothness of the game.

Are you sure?

Looking at that vid it seems to improve hitching, and asset streaming, but FPS looks comparable in each location (when not hitching).

In this video FPS remains essentially the same on both SSD & HDD:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E86kVpSJ3AE

This guy didn't see any FPS improvement in his comparisons:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOiXbo08Ivs&t=1m14s

Sure you're not pushing SSD as a panacea? That'd be ironic ;)

My dear LittleAnt - it doesn't matter if you run it from NVME on a machine with 128Gb RAM - or from a RAMdrive at the other end of a 10Gb/s LAN - or even just split it and run SC with 60Gb RAM and a local 68Gb RAMdrive for the client.

Performance is absolutely dire.

Top Bottom