Found this elite petition on the web

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Elite Dangerous is a great game to begin with. In our ship we get useful info from our Covas, like canopy breach, heat warning, under attack, torpedo incoming ect.

But what we really mis is a warning for Premium ammunition use by opponent.

If you wanna arrange a tournament or some other PvP activity's a lot of cmdrs need to throw away a lot of materials to make it fair for eachother so they can't make premo during a fight. Lot of screenshots are taken for proof.

With a warning cmdrs can decide if they wanna stay in the fight or also load up some premo's or bail and jump out. I think this will make it more fair for all cmdrs.

Also a lot of false and right accusations going on between cmdrs and I believe also a covas warning will take this problem away.

So fellow cmdrs if you agree with me please sign this petition.

o7 and fly safe cmdrs

==============================================================================

This is the petition. I couldn't care less about it but saves people clicking on the link if they don't want to

Elite Dangerous is a great game to begin with. In our ship we get useful info from our Covas, like canopy breach, heat warning, under attack, torpedo incoming ect.

But what we really mis is a warning for Premium ammunition use by opponent.

Well yea, but getting hit by premium ammo cannot be spotted by your ship directly - it should be ferried by your opponent to you.
So it would require some changes in netcode

Well yea, but getting hit by premium ammo cannot be spotted by your ship directly - it should be ferried by your opponent to you.
So it would require some changes in netcode
Bear in mind i have nothing to do with that petition at all, so please don't quote me on that

Omg. It’s got 65 supporters.

Not even a wall of Content Creators can hold back this tidal wave.
It's a PvP thing... Came up last year too, on the forum.
Just add it to the growing list of 'features' in the game that PvP players want changed to support their style. Although, in this case it is different as it just asks for notification, which is a pleasant change ;)

Funny, the word is, if you go into OPEN, you should make preparations to avoid being blown up, yet some of those doing the blowing up, this 65, want a warning for when they're not prepared enough.

I get the gentleman's agreement some have about premium ammo but this seems a bit rich. I could be wrong though. Perhaps I will be enlightened.
Take a peek here:

An 'interesting' read ;)

Take a peek here:

An 'interesting' read ;)
Thanks, I think I knew a lot of that stuff, the mat collection etc. Maybe premium ammo is a SOLO only thing. IDK.

I do get the arguments against it, understand them but it is about preparation in the end. If someone went off and collected mats for and hour, then maybe you should be prepared to deal with that.

Maybe a warning is a good idea.

Part of the 'argument' on that thread was based around 'organic' PvP rather than an organised 'match'. It 'felt' pointless as an argument overall as a 'random encounter' should have the instigator signing a disclaimer against the 'risk' of the opponent having more firepower than them... 🤷‍♂️

Thanks, I think I knew a lot of that stuff, the mat collection etc. Maybe premium ammo is a SOLO only thing. IDK.

I do get the arguments against it, understand them but it is about preparation in the end. If someone went off and collected mats for and hour, then maybe you should be prepared to deal with that.

Maybe a warning is a good idea.

Yes but it almost comes across as a FPS player wanting a warning that they are being targetted by a sniper rifle. You'll find out when it hits you upside of the head. Do you use this information to decide whether or not you are going to fight somone so that you can restrict your combat to ships that you can easily beat? Why would the devs let players do that?

Yes but it almost comes across as a FPS player wanting a warning that they are being targetted by a sniper rifle. You'll find out when it hits you upside of the head. Do you use this information to decide whether or not you are going to fight somone so that you can restrict your combat to ships that you can easily beat? Why would the devs let players do that?
It appears to revolve around the gathering of mats to use premium ammo, it is rather demanding...
A reminder of the successfully nerfed drag effect experimental, where it was so effective it would be 'mandatory' for every PvP ship to equip it, meaning something else would have to be left out... For the brief time it was in the beta (and couple of hours in the main game) I had chance to try it, it was very good... Of course, as a PvE 'scrub' it didn't matter that I was denied it at all, did it?

Part of the 'argument' on that thread was based around 'organic' PvP rather than an organised 'match'. It 'felt' pointless as an argument overall as a 'random encounter' should have the instigator signing a disclaimer against the 'risk' of the opponent having more firepower than them... 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, the whole thing is problematic, for everyone, on all sides.

I wonder if there was a sliding scale? So a Novice ranked CMDR gets full benefit of 30% bonus, because, lets face it, they're novice and their skill in collecting mats is not going to save them against the skill of someone who can fly rings around you, with FA off, one handed whilst they roll a cigarette with the other.

At the other end, Elite ranked CMDRs could only access 30% damage increase by having to use double the amount of mats or more.

Why would the devs let players do that?
We do get some warnings already though, very subtle ones. For example, if you target a ship, in the upper right hand corner it actually says "Warning Jimi Hendrix has deployed hardpoints" It also gives us warnings about thermal attacks and the other one (I forget the wording) that talks about impulse something trajectory, so it's not a massive leap that it might say, 'Warning, target synthesising new ammo'.

But really, I'm dipping my toes in here where I have no business being. I don't PvP and so I don't, as they say, have a dog in this fight. It is interesting to read about though.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom