Odyssey Alpha PC Specifications & Download Time

And I repeat...

Wahhhhh!!!!!

Heaps of people are having problems getting the download started, but MY issue must be because they are deliberately trying to rip off the LEPers... Despite other LEPers getting the download...

/Wahhh
A Forum Mod literally JUST posted about this on the previous page, saying the download is taking its time to cascade out to everyone whose supposed to have it.

Never -try- to play on Patchday or on Alpha Release :)
1st login - freezes
2nd login - freezes
3rd login - hanging in loadingscreen and get "Connection Error" :)

I just wanna fly my Sidewinder....

A Forum Mod literally JUST posted about this on the previous page, saying the download is taking its time to cascade out to everyone whose supposed to have it.
Yeah, I had noticed. I just wonder how many of these LEPers without access have actually looked at the thread and seen that others of their cohort have got access, before jumping to the conclusion that Frontier is going to rip them off? It's almost like they've decided it is happening regardless of evidence. Just like the sheer number of people expressing doubt that they'd get their free lifetime access before the drop, despite announcements that they would.

What did Frontier do to provoke such irrational distrust?

I did read that, I'm just trying to determine if I need to turn it off in the main game to avoid Bad Things in the alpha. :)
You could go to the launcher and add a /novr switch to it for now.
Image2.jpg

Super... buy a weapon NO MONEY and cant fly everywhere .....And selling the weapon not possible and going out ... not possible.. Are we stuck in this station?

anyone else having trouble getting to the download, i cannot see it anywhere. i bought via steam
Negative - Started the Elite Dangerous launcher from Steam as normal. Chose the Odyssey Alpha - Public Test, then clicked install. Took a bit to download, but installed for me fine.

OH MAN!!! DONT BUY A WEAPON SO U ARE STUCK IN THIS Station while cheapest weapon cost 50k...... AND U CANT SELL IT:mad: .. .and the stuck in the station
Well 30 Minutes download
Buy a Weapon... thought i need one... havent any credits, cant leave the station and still running in crcles. YES Frontier super! i am impressed.--- ahm ED

Last edited by a moderator:
Download finished.
Play button popped right up.
Now loading in.

Whole process took roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Character Creation is real buggy though.

Im in game though, finally...

But I can't do anything. Literally... nothing.

Keyboard and mouse not responding, joystick not working...

I'm just, standing there.... can't move or do anything, other then hit ESC to bring up the menu, whch i did and went to look at the controls and I found that the "On Foot" controls are not mapped to anything, at all... and I am unable to change them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom