What is an animal that you really want but you're not sure is making it?

Tanuki, or Japanese raccoon dog. They're my second favorite animal after red pandas so I'm hoping against all hope they somehow make an appearance. They're only kept at one zoo in the US, though, and only one in Europe listed on zootierliste, so I don't think we'll be seeing them. Then again, I am seeing that they're kept at zoos in eastern Europe and Asia, so... we did get the proboscis monkey and Himalayan brown bear, right...?

Beyond that, smaller carnivores in general. The binturong, dhole, and clouded leopard seem to be strong steps in the right direction, but I worry that we won't go as far as I'd like.

White Rhino not a unpopular choice by no means but I believe the black rhino would be the flagship here since they have signage in game. Could mean nothing really but odd how you’d put that in game without releasing that specific animal someday. Anyway I’m actually hopeful for both so will see what happens.

Yeah, my vote would probably be getting both white rhino and black rhino - I'm certain we'll get one of them, and personally I feel that they're different enough in appearance and 'use' (white rhinos could be part of a mixed savanna or in large herds, black rhinos are more solitary), but I don't know if popular opinion is with me on that one...

More broadly, I'm with you, LN - I'd love to see exhibit mammals ('night house' DLC has always been near the top of my list of features I'd love to see), but I'm not convinced we'll ever see them.

I think almost literally every animal I would really like is also very unlikely to make it in - probably my top three most-wanted animals are the yellow-throated marten, the ocellated turkey and the Owston's civet. If any of those get in I would be absolutely stunned.

I'm sort of hoping for a meerkat (as a confirmation that very small habitat animals would be possible, more than anything) but I'm really not all that sure they will make it in - certainly we have no other habitat animal that even approaches it in smallness.

Any more Australian animals at all.... Tassie devil, any wombat, platypus, echidna, any wallaby, any quoll, emu, any tree kangaroo, numbat, pademelon, heaps of bird species,.... etc, etc

My #1 want is a meerkat, has been since the base game was released. I'm fairly certain they'll make it in, but there's still a little part of my brain that isn't sure. While there's other animals I will be disappointed if they don't make it in, this is the one animal that if it doesn't make it in, the game will feel incomplete to me.

Wombats are my #2, Capybara #3 and Asian Small Clawed Otter #4 Unlike other animals that haven't had their area of the globe visited, these 3 have and I'm worried they won't get in some other way. Though I think there's a been chance than not on all 3 of them, with the Wombat seeming a little less likely.

I think the biggest one for me I'm really not expecting to make it in is the platypus. I just don't see it happening though it's hard to explain why. I've even started leaving it out of pack ideas because I think it's so unlikely, but it still ranks pretty high for me. Same for the honey badger/ratel.

I would also love to have both African rhinos. They’re so unique from each other and it hurts to see popular opinion isn’t on my side because it means one of them will be left out.

Gibbon. My most wanted animal not in the game (2nd overall behind seals) but I just don’t see them putting in the time to get swinging right. (And that’s not a jab at frontier, just a belief that things like fly and nocturnal houses would take less development time and have bigger payoffs.)

I have a couple:

1. American Black Bear - my favorite species, as they're finally coming back into Texas
2. Coyote - a super adaptable canine
3. White-Tailed Deer - an extremely common species sometimes regarded as a pest
4. Wild Boar - an animal introduced all over the world, this highly adaptable animal is responsible for ruining ecosystems

I really thought that the Gibbon would be in this Southeast Asia dlc, but with it not being included I'm not quite sure if it will make it in now. I still want to be hopeful with getting these all animal packs that Gibbons will somehow still get in PZ. Maybe they are taking there time and not want to rush them by working on giving them proper brachiation, swinging animations, and just wanting to do them justice is what I'm hoping for.
dn26187-1_800.jpg

Top Bottom