Stations labelled with FSP#

Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread but this is what I first thought of when "writing down the numbered stations" was mentioned by DB. Was trying to find it and now I have. Whew, weird goose chase ended.

I think he said 'number stations' not 'numbered'. IE the beacons that transmit numbers which are enocded messages/coordinates to certain Spring Holiday Fowl Spawns.

I think he said 'number stations' not 'numbered'. IE the beacons that transmit numbers which are enocded messages/coordinates to certain Spring Holiday Fowl Spawns.

You're right. I was just in a way celebrating finding the little bug that was bugging me making me try to remember this aspect. It's been bugging me since it was mentioned.

Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread but this is what I first thought of when "writing down the numbered stations" was mentioned by DB. Was trying to find it and now I have. Whew, weird goose chase ended.

Is this an entry for the "Necro of the Week" award? ;)

Since we're talking about spaceport names, why the heck are the names right side up underneath the mail slot where you can't see them very much, and upside down above the slot where it's always visible when approaching the station?? This has always bugged me a little bit. I wonder if this might get fixed some day...

necro disco .gif

Hi Eza,

The number on Federation stations is an ID code, which is generated from the co-ordinates/name of the star system that the station is located in. The idea is that the Federation is more impersonal than Alliance or Empire, and that an ID code is more important to them, being larger and more visible than the actual name of the station. If you look at Alliance or Empire stations, you'll see that the name is more prominent, giving a more personal feel.

Simon
Nice touch. Thanks for sharing that. Those things show the thought that goes into setting the atmosphere of these sites.

Hi Eza,

The number on Federation stations is an ID code, which is generated from the co-ordinates/name of the star system that the station is located in. The idea is that the Federation is more impersonal than Alliance or Empire, and that an ID code is more important to them, being larger and more visible than the actual name of the station. If you look at Alliance or Empire stations, you'll see that the name is more prominent, giving a more personal feel.

Simon
It's always good to see you guys replying in the forum giving explanation about the game and the lore. Keep up the good work! 👍

Top Bottom