Release EDDI Scripts and EDDI enabled VA Commands Thread

Lights is good because it describes a state change where the old state no longer contains any useful information for the current context. I'm less certain about the other two you proposed.
I see: limped launched message may contains the kind of limpet, and material inventory the kind of material.
But when you're mining, or farming at High Grade Signals, you'll never launch ONE limpet, and you'll mostly collecting the same materials, making these message, if spoken, reaaaaally annoying.

Which gives me the idea that we could have some use for a pair of functions, named something like Skip() and SetPriority(p), that optionally do what your list do and assign a priority to the event output, respectively, while letting the event being executed (as i see that some set context variables). wink wink

I looked through our events list and identified a handful of events which I think are appropriate to add to the list. Adding the following:
  • Cargo scoop
  • Glide
  • Hardpoints
  • Landing gear
  • Lights
  • Near surface
  • Silent running
  • SRV turret deployable
Well, thanks a lot :)

I think for a translation of the default personality we'd want the more formal and respectful "you".
Sorry to bring this back, but i want to be sure:
Now, in Crowdin, all the instances of "your<shipname>" (like "your Adder") are translated (by me) as for "you, my friend", not as "you, Sir".
So, if my default italian personality talks to me as a subordinate (me being "Sir", "Commander", "Your Majesty", etc) i should check the Crowdin translations for coherence.... right?
(i don't know if i'm being clear: if not, here you may read a good -short- explanation)

And:
should i consider my "Adder" as feminine (as if "Adder, the SHIP") or masculine (as if "Adder, the VEHICLE")? 'cause the italian "your" is gender dependent.

Sorry to bring this back, but i want to be sure:
Now, in Crowdin, all the instances of "your<shipname>" (like "your Adder") are translated (by me) as for "you, my friend", not as "you, Sir".
So, if my default italian personality talks to me as a subordinate (me being "Sir", "Commander", "Your Majesty", etc) i should check the Crowdin translations for coherence.... right?
(i don't know if i'm being clear: if not, here you may read a good -short- explanation)

And:
should i consider my "Adder" as feminine (as if "Adder, the SHIP") or masculine (as if "Adder, the VEHICLE")? 'cause the italian "your" is gender dependent.
Whether you use the formal form or the informal form, you should be consistent. My inclination would be to choose the formal form but if you were to choose the informal form then we'll quite happily defer to your judgement. As the translator, you are the expert on how to apply your language.

We understand that ship models can be gender dependent and so we've added resources to translate "your {ship model}" differently depending on the specific model of each ship. Whether to apply the feminine or masculine form is up to you. If it helps, here's a few example strings:
  • This is how I will sound in your Adder.
  • Your Adder has arrived at Jameson Memorial in the Shinrarta Dezhra system.

What's the logic of body propoerties alreadydiscovered , alreadymapped , scanned, mapped?
How can i let EDDI alert me if i'm the first to discover a system?

What's the logic of body propoerties alreadydiscovered , alreadymapped , scanned, mapped?
How can i let EDDI alert me if i'm the first to discover a system?
This is the description from when you click 'variables' in any script:
  • scanned a DateTime value that is set when the body is scanned and unset otherwise.
  • mapped a DateTime value that is set when the body is mapped and unset otherwise.
  • alreadydiscovered whether another commander has already submitted a scan of the body to Universal Cartographics (scan required to fill this value)
  • alreadymapped whether another commander has already submitted mapping data for the body to Universal Cartographics (scan required to fill this value)

Scanned and Mapped are the date and time you scanned and mapped a body (or star), while the Alreadydiscovered and Alreadymapped are when someone else did them before you. I believe those two are boolean values.

You could add some code to the end of the 'Star scanned' event to tell you if you are the first to discover a system. Something like this, maybe?...
Code:
{if event.scantype = "AutoScan" && event.alreadydiscovered = false:
    You are the first to discover this system.
}
I use the Autoscan check here, because you always automatically scan the primary star when you jump in to a system. It's pretty basic and may need refining to suit your preference, but should do as a starting point. :)

EDIT: corrected the true/false in the code. :p

Last edited:
AH! That was the key!
Thanks.
I made a better version already. :LOL:
Code:
{if event.scantype = "AutoScan" && event.alreadydiscovered = false && event.mainstar:
    You are the first {OneOf("", "commander", "person")}
    to {OneOf("discover", "enter", "visit")}
    {OneOf(system.systemname, "this system")}.
}
I've added the 'mainstar' variable, so this will only activate if it's the primary star being scanned.

Why this instruction:
{P('Nyeajeau XV-K d9-112 AB1', "starsystem")}.
produces "Nyeajeau X V minus K d 9 minus 1 1 2 A B 1" (being "minus" my translation of whatever is the english word for "-") while without the "P()" function it is spelled correclty?

Why this instruction:
produces "Nyeajeau X V minus K d 9 minus 1 1 2 A B 1" (being "minus" my translation of whatever is the english word for "-") while without the "P()" function it is spelled correclty?
I'm using a British English voice (Ivona Amy) for EDDI, and for the "-" mine says "dash". The character is called a hyphen, but it wouldn't sound right to say that. "Dash" is faster, and more commonly used in everyday language.

Without using P(), mine says "Nyeajeau fifteen K d9 one hundred and twelve AB1", with no "dash" at all. However, it translates the XV as Roman numerals "fifteen", which is clearly wrong. The context of "starsystem" is there to help EDDI say the system names better than without it.

I assume that it doesn't sound right in your language then? Is this something that needs a better translation?

I assume that it doesn't sound right in your language then?
Uh.... pretty complex situation.

This script:
Code:
{Pause(1000)}
Nyeajeau XV-K d9-112 AB1.
produces (in the output log):
Nyeajeau X V trattino K d 9 trattino 1 1 2 A B 1.
Nyeajeau XV-K d9-112 AB1.
"Trattino" is "dash" ("-"), so the function literally changes it in a word, which should not (i think).

Then there's the differences between voices:
Ivona CARLA 2 reads (i'm translating from italian)
Nyeajeau Ex Vee dash K D 9 dash 1 1 2 A B 1.
Nyeajeau Fifteen K d 9 One hundred twelve AB1.

MS Elsa Desktop reads
Nyeajeau Ex Fifth dash K D 9 dash 1 1 2 A B 1.
Nyeajeau Fifteenth dash K d9 dash One hundred twelve A B 1.

So i don't know what to says, other than it's something wrong but i see how much hard are this things:)

So i don't know what to says, other than it's something wrong but i see how much hard are this things:)
I see what you mean! That's a problem with different voices using different ways of saying things. In my EDDI personality, I've had to write small pieces of code to compensate for the way Ivona Amy says certain things.

I suppose if "dash" isn't right for Italian, maybe it should be removed from the translation for star systems, rather than be replaced? I've just tried {P('Nyeajeau XV K d9 112 AB1', "starsystem")}. (no "-") and it still sounds OK, just without the "dash" in it. You could probably write a RegEx to remove the "dash", but then you would need to use it at every place a star system name is used. That would be a very large number of places, probably too many to do that with. :unsure: The only other thing I can think of is to add something to the code of the P() function to strip out "-" from star system names when Italian is used, but I have no idea how easy or hard that may be.

I'm not sure if it's even worth the effort to do that though. Removing the "-" makes "Nyeajeau X V K d 9 1 1 2 A B 1.", which also isn't quite right. It's like the system name is "Nyeajeau XVK d9112 AB1.", which it isn't. 🤷‍♂️

This is certainly a tough question, one that I'm not sure there is a real answer to.

I've not understood if "dash" in english have to be spoken or not.
If not, "muting" it in the P() function (unless it means "minus") is already a step forward (i mean: hearing "trattino" to me sould like a "spoilered bug" while i could pass on "Ex fifth" or "Fifteenth" :) ) .
If yes, then i think is the personality that have to take care of this.

In English, 'hyphen' is the proper word, but 'dash' can also be used as it's faster and easier to say. In this case, it is right to use it like this.

As people use voices from different companies (MS, Ivona, Cereproc, etc), I don't think there can be a single way to say things, that will sound 'right' in all of them. The best the EDDI team can do (I think) is to make it sound best in as many as possible. Like you say, if it doesn't sound right, then it would be up to the user to take care of it.

Maybe an optional third parameter for P(), defaulted to false, which strips away the hyphens when set to true?
P("Remove-the-hyphens","starsystem",true)
It won't break anything already existing...
wink wink :p

Environment or game state?
In a script I need to know whether my ship is in normal space or supercruise (all others are irrelevant). Which of the 2 above is better to check, or does it not matter?

Cheers.

Use EDDI
Code:
{BOOL:Status supercruise}
value will be true if you're in SC

Edi: Not sure how you'd do it via a Cottle script as I do all my scripting in VoiceAttack

Last edited:
Top Bottom