Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Hotfix 1

doing some testing it seems that the installer is getting stuck on the EliteDangerous64.exe file, it keeps trying to re-download/recreate the EliteDangerous64.exe.part and .progress files. Never seems to move on.

I'm copying my EPIC store Elite files across and will then re-run the Frontier installer to see if it can get further.

20210521161545_1-jpg.228579

All planets are OVER saturated... Just go see earth.
I wonder if they even bothered to check the effects of the new graphic engine, in-game.

Right, so copied all the files over from the EPIC install and overwrote the Frontier ones.

Guess what? Works a treat... :).

Will cross compare launcher versions....

I've raised an Issue Report on this (well, actually two cos I think I've supported my own bug report instead of just adding further info- the Issue Tracker interface confuses me!!).

My Commander ranks for Fed & Imps are shown correctly when running EDOdyssey (ViceAdm 18%, Duke 88%) but not when running either Basic ED or ED Horizons, when the rank is omitted and both levels are shown as 100%. My second account is the same but I didnt purchase EDO for that account so cant fully confirm. But it does look like a programming/server bug after the EDO release. My EDSM account and EDDiscovery are both showing incorrect data to match, so suspect a problem with the Player Journal data.
Annoying because I'm getting my second account near his Fed Corvette; got past Post Captain 3 days ago & did a fair few Rep++++ missions after that. Now dont know whether to contine running missions or whether it would be a waste of time & just leave off playing until they (hopefully) fix it. A few other people are reporting the same problem.

Tempted to just delete the game and reinstall, but installation has been a right PITA!! This afternoon I installed the hotfix on my primary account, then logged into second account and had to redownload it! WHY?? surely its the same software jthats run on the PC, just two different login details! Never had that problem before!
Not sure I can face another 2 hour full download.

Last edited:
We expected server and network issues, we always have had them after an update , so this shouldn’t be a surprise. I for one will never pay to test for fdev again . In future I will wait until after the first or second hotfix has been released. I’m dismayed and disappointed. I applaud their efforts in trying to fix the issues, but really, these should have been done before they released it. 500 programmers and this ?

I've raised an Issue Report on this (well, actually two cos I think I've supported my own bug report instead of just adding further info- the Issue Tracker interface confuses me!!).

My Commander ranks for Fed & Imps are shown correctly when running EDOdyssey (ViceAdm 18%, Duke 88%) but not when running either Basic ED or ED Horizons, when the rank is omitted and both levels are shown as 100%. My second account is the same but I didnt purchase EDO for that account so cant fully confirm. But it does look like a programming/server bug after the EDO release. My EDSM account and EDDiscovery are both showing incorrect data to match, so suspect a problem with the Player Journal data.
Annoying because I'm getting my second account near his Fed Corvette; got past Post Captain 3 days ago & did a fair few Rep++++ missions after that. Now dont know whether to contine running missions or whether it would be a waste of time & just leave off playing until they (hopefully) fix it. A few other people are reporting the same problem.

Tempted to just delete the game and reinstall, but installation has been a right PITA!! This afternoon I installed the hotfix on my primary account, then logged into second account and had to redownload it! WHY?? surely its the same software jthats run on the PC, just two different login details! Never had that problem before!
Not sure I can face another 2 hour full download.
I would advise against doing anything drastic during an update session. Hotfixes inbound and things change that can effect other things . I do wish you luck as I know how painful a 52gb download can be with a bad download speed.

The hotfix seems to have made the game playable, at least. I love the new DSS (Horizions had an issue that was fixed with this hotfix), Night Vision is once again usable, and the performance issues, while present, feel like they'll be resolved. Many thanks to the poor coders who have spent the past several days on this! Management, take this as a lesson: We would prefer a surprise weeklong beta rather than you putting this initial relase out as "complete". When your programmers ask for a little more time, GIVE IT TO THEM.

start the game in horizons, you appear in your ship
hahaha, yeah, would be easy if that would work :p
sadly, it fails to load the player data. all i can click is "try again" and "cancel". so nope, thats sadly not a working solution, but thanks for trying ;)
And the UI and the dark.
well, im fine with playing with a broken ui or glitchy graphics, atleast i can play with that xD
but being stuck in a shuttle where i can only listen to the pilot repeating the same two lines over and over and over again?

I would advise against doing anything drastic during an update session. Hotfixes inbound and things change that can effect other things . I do wish you luck as I know how painful a 52gb download can be with a bad download speed.
Whats making me contemplate an uninstall/reload is the fact that only a few people are reporting this bug. So perhaps its an incorrect download? Maybe I ought to do a file verify first.

Top Bottom