Odyssey and Horizons Patch - 03/06/2021

Console players are unable to login to elite anymore since the update. Love been able to relish in all the bugs of a new DLC without the DLC. I have over 5,000 hrs in the game now, and run a big squadron. I do believe this is the straw for me. Shame to cause I loved this game more than any other out there. But I can’t keep rewarding this.

Surroundings floor at empty settlements is bugged and spawning scavs after the restoring power too in todays patch :(

I'd just settle for a stable 30fps on Horizons min spec right now. ED:O is a horrific janky mess that for me has not improved performance wise since the alpha.

Still 45 FPS (1080p) at a planetary surface on default high settings right at the beginning of the suit operative tutorial for the "recommended" GPU (GTX 1060 6GB) 👎
So no, I won't run the entire benchmark (Suit operative tutorial) again. You didn't "fix" anything.
EDIT: Even worse inside buildings than before.

Last edited:
Console players are unable to login to elite anymore since the update. Love been able to relish in all the bugs of a new DLC without the DLC. I have over 5,000 hrs in the game now, and run a big squadron. I do believe this is the straw for me. Shame to cause I loved this game more than any other out there. But I can’t keep rewarding this.
its just not worth playing on consoles at the moment, I stopped on the Odyssey launch due to connectivity issues
take a break, try something else to cleanse the pallet and keep an eye out on these forums

The transition and continued performance degradation from Planetary flight to the actual settlement instance continues to throttle even the most optimized system specs.

Your update has not addressed any of the REALLY critical performance issues wrt to interaction with planetary settlements and yr ship.

Once on the ground its acceptable BUT thats not the point is it, it should be seemless transition but we going from 75-80 FPS on High settings to 5-10 FPS when first rendering in the settlement and then consistent frame drops like the above, each time you input a control to the ship, hovering above the settlement.

Not a single patch note? Not a comment at all?
No worries. Good job anyway for... all that hard work on those whatever things you fixed.

Not a single patch note? Not a comment at all?
No worries. Good job anyway for... all that hard work on those whatever things you fixed.
There are patch notes:

Performance has increased noticeably with the patch. But still textures won't load fully - part of environment is at high/ultra, part is at low.
And why is everything gray? Hair is gray, object that are colorful in Horizon are gray in Odyssey, and planets are all kinda gray as well.

No fps change for me still 13 to 25 in stations although in one corridor with both ends looking almost the same (at the pioneer place) one end of the corridor was 22 fps and the other was 44 which seemed odd. I've a very low end machine GTX 750 ti so I think a new machine is going to be the answer as just GPU won't do without a new motherboard and that will most likely mean new CPU and RAM. Ho hum I still like Elite and I started in 1984. Seconds after Posted this the game crashed with a Mauve Adder error whilst I was just cruising in space.

Last edited:
No fps change for me still 13 to 25 in stations although in one corridor with both ends looking almost the same (at the pioneer place) one end of the corridor was 22 fps and the other was 44 which seemed odd. I've a very low end machine GTX 750 ti so I think a new machine is going to be the answer as just GPU won't do without a new motherboard and that will most likely mean new CPU and RAM. Ho hum I still like Elite and I started in 1984.
Wait a little bit and if you upgrade check out the new RTX3080ti. Cream.

The update was a waste of space for me. Does not fix issues at all regarding too many calls and overloading a CPU. 3 times after the patch I got the white X red circle as the game ground to a halt.

Ok can't get past various "cobra" errors max i get to mission board - cobra error - restart game repeat on both horizon and odyssey - it seems heavy traffic on servers or messy patching. ok ill try tomorrow at 12:00 UTC. :( Ps my biggest regret is buy Odyssey and best moment is buy base ED game, next time if there is expansion, ill wait few months or year before buy and no way to buy ARK in my life

As ever Commanders, double triple check graphics drivers. Am just downloading a new GeForce driver now myself .. and have seen it fix all sorts of things in the past (even seemingly unrelated connection issues). Patch itself made things marginally worse for me, though still playable, so we'll see. o7

I'm seeing parts of buildings flickering in and out of existence as I walk. Crates disappear, then reappear. But FPS is slightly higher. Not a great tradeoff.

Top Bottom