State of the Game

Week after release:
187323 versions of Raxxla mod available.

whatever gets made will be an improvement over what frontier has managed to come up with in their ideas of what good gameplay and content is.

I'd rather play someone's version of the elite universe that isn't canonical who puts the effort in to realize their vision ... whatever that is.... than whatever process is currently being used to give us gems like xeno biological studies and diplomacy... and piracy.... and power play.... and trade.... and bounty hunting... and thargoid conflict.... and exploration, carriers, narrative ... etc

just one uninvested concept after another. at least community driven mods are motivated by volunteers... so I'd take my chances with the quality output there given what the alternative has provided.

sorry for getting off topic. continue with whatever trivial nonsense that was going on.

I must go convene with The Void to see the correct path forward.

ends post with some pandering statement like o7 to convince everyone that I'm one of them.

whatever gets made will be an improvement over what frontier has managed to come up with in their ideas of what good gameplay and content is.

I'd rather play someone's version of the elite universe that isn't canonical who puts the effort in to realize their vision ... whatever that is.... than whatever process is currently being used to give us gems like xeno biological studies and diplomacy... and piracy.... and power play.... and trade.... and bounty hunting... and thargoid conflict.... and exploration, carriers, narrative ... etc

just one uninvested concept after another. at least community driven mods are motivated by volunteers... so I'd take my chances with the quality output there given what the alternative has provided.

sorry for getting off topic. continue with whatever trivial nonsense that was going on.

I must go convene with The Void to see the correct path forward.

ends post with some pandering statement like o7 to convince everyone that I'm one of them.
SOME of what gets made will be an improvement, and an awful lot won't. Everyone has a different vision of what ED could be. Unfortunately the only people who get to implement their decision are FDev 🤷‍♂️

Well this took a brief and serious turn to the depressing - where are the cats?
bee_movie.0.jpeg

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG I just wanted to say that, last night I completed TWO ON FOOT MISSIONS without anything breaking, and then I completed 3 in-ship missions, and this is amazzzzzzzing. Its almost a functional game, although performance is still all over the place, ranging from solid 60+FPS locked, to a dismal 30-40fps inside stations with my Nvidia 3080. I didnt test anything else yet.

I COMPLETED 5 MISSIONS LAST NIGHT WITHOUT THE GAME BREAKING! OMG

I will say, its nice that Frontier have rolled back some of the mission stacking from times of old. I very much appreciated the income boost I saw by stacking 3-4 ship kill missions for the same system, then completing them all at the same time by killing one set of target ships. That 'benefit' had vanished at some point in the last 6 months, but its nice that this has returned. I made more money last night than Ive made in Elite for probably 2 years.

Did someone nerf ship to ship combat? lol every target ship I found last night.... really didnt even fire back at me, and just sat there as I blew them up. I mean, thanks? ROFL Im not even going to complain about this. I complain about plenty of game-breaking stuff, so if you want to go the other direction and just give me stuff, okay. The bugs... dont usually benefit me.

On the bright side, when I destroyed enemy power cores or thrusters, they didnt fly off at 500m/s and force me to chase them for 10 minutes to actually blow them up, so that's a plus. Nor was my ship canopy targeted and destroyed over and over again, long before any other component on my ship was damaged, as was happening a couple weeks ago, so that's nice. That was always a fun bit of 'DaaaaaaaaaannNNNnnNNNNgerousness', when enemy ships would target my canopy 100% of the time, regardless of difficulty or rank.

Top Bottom