Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6

sallymorganmoore

Senior Community Manager : Elite Dangerous
I'll just say, I switched back to normaal upscaling 0.65x and enabled sharpening in the Nvidia control panel. Looks and performs better than FSR on performance setting.

On an unrelated note, I got a client crash again while performing a settlement power plant shutdown. It crashed the second the shutdown process was complete.
I am almost at the point already of saying "nice try, see you in update 7".

Did I have a ticket for this? For the power plat shutdown thing. I'll do some digging to but if you have it to hand I can gallop with it.

1080p people should simply not be using FSR by default. the previous finity fx cas method @ 0.85 supersampling was an acceptable compromise for 1080p players. but FSR even at ultra quality is not doing as good of a job as that.

obviously the real problem is not which bandaid is best. But if fdev is able to actually fix / optimize their engine in a way that doesn't have a bunch of players who shouldn't be using these things from feeling like they have to.
As a 1080p player - what he said.

Gotcha!!! Thanks!! Seen a few of these now so grabbbbed o7

Thanks as always!

Ooop, and sorry to be the bearer of minor annoyances this morning, but here's another one - shield indicator from last targeted item staying in the left panel. (Wonder how big a star's shield generator would cost!?!?!?!)

planet_shield.jpg

Hi Sally.. sorry to say I bear more bad news. The station now throws you violently off to the left when undocking in FA off mode. You used to inherit some of the starports sideways momentum but not in Odyssey. (it is also more juddery during landing and often throws you sideways on contact with the pad) This only occurs with the large spinning starports.

- https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/41272

I have just created this ticket if anyone else would like to contribute. It is related to but slightly different than the other FA off issues listed. Many Thanks.

@sallymorganmoore

More issues on Galaxy/System/Planetary Maps...

Could devs, pls, make OPTIONAL (ticks at options menu) the popup of System Information and Description panels which by default are opened from the left/right sides when choosing or opening systems/planets...
Now the only working way to close those panels is to click an appropriate info button on the left/right side which is a sort of inconvenience because the ability to close/open of panels by off clicking was somewhat disabled (or bugged, now right side Info panels on Galaxy map are not always closed by off clicking and left side Info/Description ones on System/Planetary Maps are always on...) by recent patches and taking into consideration that many have no ultra wide monitors - those aggressively opened panels every time hide the important map space and every time should be closed manually to gain a free one...
Bytheway a System Information panel is not opened from the left side when entering System Map after selecting a drop off point at Apex... which differs from if selecting System Map by ordinary keys...

Last edited:

sallymorganmoore

Hello! @sallymorganmoore Can we get some help on these 2 issues? https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/41193 https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/41190 Thing is, after patch 6, there is some things with Notoriety. We get it in Anarchy systems, killing Anarchy ships, and for settlements. I think this is major thing for Odyssey, since we do our farm mostly in Anarchy systems, and this bug hinders it alot.

Also can new "crime loot" can be toggable thing from Controls? If we intend to steal things I would like to do it in fast click, I am sure as most of us xD

Aside from that, Patch 6 is great! I love new AMD FSR, picture is amazing, and got few FPSes on top :)

Thank you so much for posting the links! Crime really is becoming a hot topic (no pun intended) at the moment so this is valuable. Many thanks!!!

sallymorganmoore

Hi Sally.. sorry to say I bear more bad news. The station now throws you violently off to the left when undocking in FA off mode. You used to inherit some of the starports sideways momentum but not in Odyssey. (it is also more juddery during landing and often throws you sideways on contact with the pad) This only occurs with the large spinning starports.

- https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/41272

I have just created this ticket if anyone else would like to contribute. It is related to but slightly different than the other FA off issues listed. Many Thanks.

@sallymorganmoore

Oh gosh no need to apologise Piglet, I think I've ascended out of my body by now so nothing is hurting anymore here - haha!

Thank you so much for taking the time with the ticket. If we can get further contributers adding to it to truly see how badly it's affecting everyone, then that would really help me out :)

sallymorganmoore

Oh gosh no need to apologise Piglet, I think I've ascended out of my body by now so nothing is hurting anymore here - haha!

Thank you so much for taking the time with the ticket. If we can get further contributers adding to it to truly see how badly it's affecting everyone, then that would really help me out :)
Thank you so much Sally, you are truly a star, I'll start a post to drum up support

• Illegal interactions (Hacking, taking stolen/illegal items, pressing illegal consoles) now require a press and hold for 1 second to avoid accidental criminal activity.
This NEEDS to be an option we can turn off. It makes stealing intentionally so very much slower. It is far FAR worse than any accidental illegal actions.

sallymorganmoore

This NEEDS to be an option we can turn off. It makes stealing intentionally so very much slower. It is far FAR worse than any accidental illegal actions.

Excellent use of caps o7 I've said it a few times and I am more than happy to say it again because I'm thrilled about it myself, haha! This is to be tackled :) Heard loud and clear. We're on it.

Top Bottom