Elite Dangerous: Odyssey Update 6

I'm confused. I watched a video before, in order to use amd fsr on an amd card some guy installed the amd driver then enabled fsr, before enabling in game.

How do we turn it on for nvidia cards.

Is there a download required for nvidia gpus.
Go to menu, graphics, quality, upscaling -> AMD FSR. Then pick quality level the setting above.

FSR is per game, VSR is driver level. Different things.

Thanks for your work. I'm still waiting for full optimization but I noticed improvements in various places (in the hangar with the ship, FPS are very good), especially using amd fidelityfx.
I'm still playing in Medium (instead of Ultra in Horizon), it could be nice to have 2 different settings to play in Ultra in space/ship (as in Horizon) and Medium on foot (because I guess that we have more details and it requires more GPU).

Actually this sounds more like Hi-Jobe could be using the engineered scanner that was a reward in a couple of recent CGs?
No, the scanner is the basic variety bought in horizons and engineered for max. extended range.
Have used it extensively and know what the diameters on the different size planets should be like.
The first planet i scanned after update 6 immediately had me wonder what was wrong.
Tomorrow i’ll try to get some screenshots from horizons and odyssey.

@sallymorganmoore
Can we please get a hudson friendly minor faction that is actual federation. Going to war for minor factions that favours Hudson is to always side with a faction that is not federation, and almost always fighting against a minor federal faction. So fighting for Hudson is same as ruin reputation with federation.

With a little roleplay, try explaining that to your jockhead crew, federation pilot to the bone: "Yes, kill the federal pilots - for the federation!".

@sallymorganmoore
Can we please get a hudson friendly minor faction that is actual federation. Going to war for minor factions that favours Hudson is to always side with a faction that is not federation, and almost always fighting against a minor federal faction. So fighting for Hudson is same as ruin reputation with federation.

With a little roleplay, try explaining that to your jockhead crew, federation pilot to the bone: "Yes, kill the federal pilots - for the federation!".
You think that's bad, take a look at Aisling's preferred factions. None of them is available in an Imperial flavour.

Go to menu, graphics, quality, upscaling -> AMD FSR. Then pick quality level the setting above.

FSR is per game, VSR is driver level. Different things.
Yeah done all that, even at performance I get no increase in fps. Also tested with vsyn off and no limit on hz
Weird, gpu uses 40percent cpu is 15percent
using normal native gpu uses 99 or 100

That is supposed to be the case. Ultra Quality is SS<1.

Doubt it. FSR will always be faster than native. Test it more empirically and you'll see.

FSR looks better than native downsampling at comparable rates, and runs better than native. This is not some FD invention, FSR is open source. We know how it works and what it does.

In any case FSR is not really aimed at 1080p anyway, it's too low for such techniques to really shine.
FSR gave lower or within margin of error FPS in the settlement.
It does NOT look better than native, that's just . The text looked worse and the aliasing looked worse.
The fact that it's not meant for 1080p just reenforces what I said, it looks worse and had NO improvement in FPS.
In the previous update I enabled the CAS and thought it looked 'okay' and I did notice a small improvement in FPS - So I'm surprised to see no improvement in FSR vs just normal native ( no SS ) - but unless the FDev own FPS counter is lying that's what I saw.

Regards, it's not a fix and for me at least it's not even a work around.

No, the scanner is the basic variety bought in horizons and engineered for max. extended range.
Have used it extensively and know what the diameters on the different size planets should be like.
The first planet i scanned after update 6 immediately had me wonder what was wrong.
Tomorrow i’ll try to get some screenshots from horizons and odyssey.
20210730194348_1.jpg

looks about right

It does NOT look better than native, that's just . The text looked worse and the aliasing looked worse.
Okay. Once more. That is supposed to be the case. Ultra Quality is SS<1.

FSR will never look better than Native. It is not supposed to look better. It will however always demand less from your GPU. If your FPS dont improve it means component is bottlenecking performance.
The fact that it's not meant for 1080p just reenforces what I said, it looks worse and had NO improvement in FPS.
read the above. There is no mystery or doubt to what FSR is or how it works. If your FPS is limited by your GPU FSR will always improve FPS over native. It is a useful technique for many, but not nearly all, players.
Regards, it's not a fix and for me at least it's not even a work around.
As mentioned, FSR is indeed of little help for 1080p, neither is SS. If you miss CAS (which I do) use the NVidia sharpener for now and add your voice to those asking for it back.

To be sure, I understand your frustation and performance of EDO is very poor. It should be further improved, which is what they say is happening. It is frustrating it is not done yet. But FSR is a useful addition to ED and doesnt work the way you descrive.

I'm not getting good performance either in the wake of patch 6, what is genuinely strange is that the client is only using 35% cpu, or ram 4.5gb of ram (I have 32gb installed) and 55% gpu, but the fps on planet services is 14, 9 entering a coriolis, 30 on the deck and 12 on the concourse. I'm on 1080p but I'm baffled as to where the bottleneck is. I'd put up with it but it's very choppy.

still though, I do applaud the efforts made by FD perhaps patch 7 will sort it out for me.

I'm not getting good performance either in the wake of patch 6, what is genuinely strange is that the client is only using 35% cpu, or ram 4.5gb of ram (I have 32gb installed) and 55% gpu, but the fps on planet services is 14, 9 entering a coriolis, 30 on the deck and 12 on the concourse. I'm on 1080p but I'm baffled as to where the bottleneck is. I'd put up with it but it's very choppy.

still though, I do applaud the efforts made by FD perhaps patch 7 will sort it out for me.
Is any particular core or thread of the CPU peaking?

Top Bottom