Releastic looking guests

Maaaybe you can hold a grudge against Planet Coaster for that? Cartoony guests in Planet Franchise are the choice made by Frontier, and I don't really think they'd change that.

When I play a want to distance myself from the hectic world around me. So I love the guest as they are now. They are funny! Personnally I hope that never will be changed.
I also used to love settlers 4 very much in the old days (lol).
And not only for the game itself, but the animations and little jokes you can do better with cartoonish people were the cherry on the cake; those little men with their jojo's when they were bored....:LOL:

Yeah. The fact that the animals look ultra-realistic makesthe guests look even worse in proportion. I mean I don't hate the guests in the game, and it probably won't be "fixed", and I'm fine with that.

It was worth asking if it was a possibilty to be implemented or give people the choice. Probably never happen but worth an ask after seeing it in JWE 2. Who knows but for me personally given thats its a fairly realistic sim that maybe one day could be an option. Realistic guests on/off. Im sure some other would agree.

Last edited:
The Jurassic world peeps look and act like robot zombies with inflexible rods up their ###es - and they are supernatural too, for they can walk right through each other and have no spacial reality or group dynamic to each other. They seem to walk in straight lines that intersect and I find them eerie and don't often go in for closeups for they are creepy - I really love the expression filled and cartoonish characters in PlanZoo - at least their expressions and happy and joyous and often bring smiles to my dial. :)

And PlanZoo have the lemming effect - I often fast forward to see the guest AI in all its glory - they spread like spilled paint. I think they are excellent.
lemming.jpg

I use to keep my zoo closed, because I don't like the look of the guests. I wish I could keep the employees out, too, (especially these silly keepers with their silly jump in the air) but that would cause problems...

I actually like the cartoony guests vs. the realistic animals - that emphasizes the focus is on the animals. The less energy/effort/processing power Frontier wastes on the guests, the better so far as I'm concerned.

It is a bit strange having the fairly realistic animals and scenery but the cartoony guests.

However, I agree with XT and others that it saves processing power. The game tends to start bogging down for many players once the guest count rises to a certain level anyway, and imagine what it might be like if the guests were rendered in as much detail as the animals.

There is also an "uncanny valley" thing that can happen when human figures surpass cartoonishness levels of realism and detail but still fall short of full realism. You end up with animations that look kind of creepy and zombie-ish (maybe this is why GGG21 feels the Jurassic World guests look robot zombies with inflexible rods up their, ah, tushes).

For folks who haven't heard the term "uncanny valley" it was coined by a robotics professor in Tokyo and refers to a sort of creepiness many people feel when something approaches anatomically correct human-ness but isn't quite right. It especially seems to revolve around human faces that look realistic but are also just wrong in some way. It's why many people find human like robots, clowns, lifelike dolls, mannequins, and CGI graphics that are trying for realism but not quite there to be off putting.

I imagine it is a challenge for game designers, as there is a zone, somewhere between cartoonish and complete realism that turns many folks off.

Last edited:
I honestly don't care much about how the guests look as long as the animals look realistic. And since performance already is an issue, lets not make it worse by adding realism to the guests.

For me the cartoonish npcs are just immersion breaking. :(
I know what you mean, but I don't tend to zoom in on the guests very much.

Maybe in some future version of this game it will be more plausible to have realistic looking guests, but I think it's just how it has to be for this one.

Top Bottom