We meed some sort of update for Consoles

I'm tired of waiting months between 'updates' that only amount to "Yeah it's delayed indefinitely". We need SOMETHING. Some sort of acknowledgement of the console community as a whole. It's kind of wild to watch them say "Don't worry! Once it's fixed on PC we'll come work on console!" And then they start adding even more features to PC, further isolating us. It's just frustrating is all.
They acknowledge your complaint literally every single live stream and patch update they post here. The plan has not deviated since the console release was delayed; they are shoring up the PC version so that they have an optimized, acceptable product to port to console from. Update 10 has already been confirmed to be bug fixes, not new content.

Also the "new content" pretty clearly looks like "content we were planning to put in the base game but had to cut to meet the release deadline". One of the "new content" updates was emotes. You know, a thing most multiplayer games ship with by default.

You're completely discounting current gen console hardware then?

Might as well because Frontier have 😃

I suspect that might happen, they drop support for older consoles and announce it will only be for current gen.

Can Odyssey run well on a (PS5) equivalent AMD RX 5700 or a (xbox) equivalent GTX1060 (for the S - the X has a much better card).

As I understand the RX5700 is close to the RTX2060 which i have. I run on high/ultra at 1080. I think they can use lower settings for the PS5 and get away with it. Its generally good, but can get choppy in places. It might pass at the current level.

Xbox is trickier. The X has a better card and should be ok. THe S on the other hand.... not sure it can provide a good enough experience to pass Microsoft's certification.

In general, i think FD still need to do more work on optimization. They will ruffle plenty of feathers if they drop support for last generation consoles. They will ruffle more feathers if they can't get it to run on the Xbox S and make it for the X only (can devs even do that? Do MS allow devs to release for just the X and not the S?).

So, i wouldn't expect an announcement soon. Except more optimization patches for the PC in the coming months.

Maybe in spring/summer we will get some news on it. That news thought might not be good news, at least for last gen console owners.

I think @Agony_Aunt that if they do plan to drop their stated plan to bring Odyssey only to last gen consoles, that it'd be right and good to give those impacted players who may have many hours invested into the game, plenty of notice. 7 months without anything is already too long IMO.

They acknowledge your complaint literally every single live stream and patch update they post here.
I just made this account, and my previous searching has found me nothing. I'm not going to sift through every livestream to find something that should be as simple as a tweet. I want the situation acknowledged.

I think @Agony_Aunt that if they do plan to drop their stated plan to bring Odyssey only to last gen consoles, that it'd be right and good to give those impacted players who may have many hours invested into the game, plenty of notice. 7 months without anything is already too long IMO.

Of course, but that would assume they have made a decision on that. Its quite possible they haven't made that call yet. Maybe their code gurus are telling management they might still make it happen... or maybe management are pressing the code gurus to make it happen and not taking no for an answer yet.

Everyone saying FD should say something is basically basing it off the same point, that FD have already decided something and are just refusing to share their decision.

Maybe they are right, but if they are right, then FD aren't going to share it because people are asking on the forums. They must have their reasons for keeping the decision under wraps (whether that be a good or bad reason).

Or maybe they are wrong, FD simply haven't made a decision yet, therefore, literally, like FD keep saying, at least once a week it seems like, they have nothing to announce.

Either way, we are not getting an answer until FD is ready to give an answer.

Of course, but that would assume they have made a decision on that. Its quite possible they haven't made that call yet. Maybe their code gurus are telling management they might still make it happen... or maybe management are pressing the code gurus to make it happen and not taking no for an answer yet.

Everyone saying FD should say something is basically basing it off the same point, that FD have already decided something and are just refusing to share their decision.

Maybe they are right, but if they are right, then FD aren't going to share it because people are asking on the forums. They must have their reasons for keeping the decision under wraps (whether that be a good or bad reason).

Or maybe they are wrong, FD simply haven't made a decision yet, therefore, literally, like FD keep saying, at least once a week it seems like, they have nothing to announce.

Either way, we are not getting an answer until FD is ready to give an answer.

I get that, but I'm of the opinion that "nothing to announce" is no longer enough. Even if it is not good news, no news is better than none at all.

I just made this account, and my previous searching has found me nothing. I'm not going to sift through every livestream to find something that should be as simple as a tweet. I want the situation acknowledged.

People have told you, FD have acknowledged it, on many occasions.

Happy now?

Or you need a community manager to repeat themselves for the hundredth time?

It doesn't benefit fdev to announce that they're no longer adding updates to consoles if that was decided ...as that would turn off people from buying horizons if they know it's on it's way out - which is what players would infer from that decision.

The whole irish goodbye works in their favor, and that's what drives the players to keep asking fdev.

There's that and that people dont believe Fdev has nothing to tell. It's unlikely that they would be leaving work on console ports until some undetermined time that work on odyssey pc is complete or that they wouldn't have console testing going on until that time because that just doesn't make any sense - what if the console code wasn't as poorly performing as the pc code? what if update 9 brought it into acceptable performance? If they were waiting to do anything on consoles until some future undecided date, that's months of sales and player reputation lost for no reason. no. They would have to be doing parallel testing as pc updates are made to gauge where their console performance is at and if it's viable to release.

I think they're not going to bring odyssey to consoles - nothing about letting everyone believe the worst for 7 months points to the alternative.

But who knows, maybe they dont see the optics the same way as the players do. They are the same people who gave us cqc despite nobody wanting it and having their players right there to talk to about what they'd want to see in the game. Maybe to them, repeating that there is no update is hopeful news that is keeping players at the edge of their seats.

For starters what is an optimised PC ?
What is optimised for PC ?
What are the levels they are looking for ?
Before working on Console ?
We have commanders best guess" it should run on this on this build" , but nothing from Fdev "officially".

I agree that they really should start making tracks towards telling us what is happening on consoles but you're never going to get Frontier to say what is and isn't optimised.

Top Bottom