Update 9.01 - Patch Notes

U10 is probably taking a while as they need to make sure the new voice acting is pitch perfect when FC owners are recognised by their crew and speak appropriately and with respect. All lines will start and end with "Sir!".

I am missing Twitch schedule, community schedule and live stream.
After the streaming firework in december it is very silent right now.
Yes, there are streams but for planet zoo, lemnisgate, far changing tides.
I hope the silence is because all manpower goes into fixing the known bugs and issues.

I am missing Twitch schedule, community schedule and live stream.
After the streaming firework in december it is very silent right now.
Yes, there are streams but for planet zoo, lemnisgate, far changing tides.
I hope the silence is because all manpower goes into fixing the known bugs and issues.
I miss the schedule too.

More than month now since Update 9 dropped and broke Combat - at least in HAZ zones - completely. No word yet from Frontier as to when this is going to get fixed, or almost as importantly, what they are doing to prevent this happening again. Honestly, it's pretty poor.

It seems to me that things have been very quiet all through January. Little if anything has been posted by Fdev staff. The game has some very real issues that need to be addressed such as the failure of troops to move from where they are dropped from the dropship. On top of that are the ongoing issues such as optimisation, merge of EDO and EDH, console release, sphere of combat, carrier interiors etc.

I think next week we will have update 10 or at least a new hotfix, but I believe more that it will be update 10, which they said will come out in January.

They are updating the files and when they do that, the update or hotfix comes out.

I think next week we will have update 10 or at least a new hotfix, but I believe more that it will be update 10, which they said will come out in January.

They are updating the files and when they do that, the update or hotfix comes out.
I just think it's hugely disrespectful. Nothing from Frontier Developments. No response to the community. To not have the decency to maintain some form of dialogue with their customers is really poor. I suppose at least the senior leadership at FDEV are not throwing the Community Managers under the bus.

I will make a note of what I would expect from any supplier;
  1. A reasonable plan from FDEV on how they plan to fix the significant current bugs in the game introduced in Update 9.
  2. To now pause the development programme, stopping introducing features which no-one really want, in favour of outlining how the dumpster fire which was Update 9 was allowed to be released - what were the root causes which led to the release of code with so many errors.
  3. I would like them to outline the changes they have made to their testing processes to ensure that this doesn't happen again.
As customers, I don't think any of the above is unreasonable. FDEV, I note from the interim results you suggest that "we have seen an upturn in player sentiment". I would disagree with this. We should expect more from a company which returned a £19.9m profit last financial year and is sitting on a cash balance of £33m. This business, by any measure, is not exactly struggling, and yet the product continues to be substandard. It's not acceptable.

We just don't know what's going on because we aren't being given any information. The year is now three weeks old so most people will be back to work for at least two weeks. Even if they issued a holding statement to let us know when to expect further communication and a brief explanation of the delay would be better than this.

It should not be forgotten that there was a lot of overtime at the end of last year.
In our company, many people have to take the rest of their vacation time.
For large projects you also need a minimum number of employees.
Everyone needs a break.

It should not be forgotten that there was a lot of overtime at the end of last year.
Everyone needs a break.
With respect, we are customers and they are the supplier. In early December, because of what looks like poor quality control and/or a lack of rigour in their company procedures, they released an extremely substandard product resulting in a product we had already purchased no longer working correctly.

No-one asked them to rush release an update which would negatively affect so many areas of gameplay. If they had tested it in a capable manner and found these issues, they could have held back release, issued a statement saying that, with the additional content, more time was needed and I think the customer base would have largely agreed. This is a issue of their own making, not ours.

It's clear from the interim statement that FDEV are a well resourced, profitable and cash rich company. It is not up to us, as customers, to make excuses for their performance, or to comment on their employment practices or staff welfare issues. It's up to them to make it right, something they show no signs of doing.

Last edited:
Everyone needs a break.

I think... if it is true that final patches was result of a lot of overtime, it is an extremely serious and horrible problem. It shows that even if FDev will work hard, we can't receive proper updates any more. So I wish it is not true.

Last edited:
Top Bottom