A new nice video from ObsidianAnt

only in your 1:1 forum mind my rodent trapping friend

because he puts his opinion out there, and others back it not all no but more than you or me.... a lot more

It's possible to be wrong even if the entire world agrees with you!

Not saying OA is wrong of course, but opinions are only as good as the facts that back them up, if there are no facts than it's as exactly valuable or as vaueless as the next persons. If it's just opinion it has the same value as everyone else's, if that opinion is backed by facts then it has more weight, that and that only gives one opinion more value than another, and not the person who that opinion belongs to.

It's possible to be wrong even if the entire world agrees with you!

Not saying OA is wrong of course, but opinions are only as good as the facts that back them up, if there are no facts than it's as exactly valuable or as vaueless as the next persons. If it's just opinion it has the same value as everyone else's, if that opinion is backed by facts then it has more weight, that and that only gives one opinion more value than another, and not the person who that opinion belongs to.
right/wrong what is truth isn't the same as opinion
debating the former is a fruitless cause because you will rarely if ever get 'the facts', in fact its often used by people to supress or devalue opinion

I don't always agree with OA, BurrPit and others but I'm under no illusion his/there opinion carries more weight than mine.

Simple:

If today is Sunday in the UK (which it actually is) but his idol told him it was Thursday, he'd believe the hero, rather than fact?

But he has a point.

Devs will more likely pay attention to youtubers like OA than to a random forum poster.
Or has someone from the forums been invited to FD to get a preview of Odyssey? Before the release.

But he has a point.

Devs will more likely pay attention to youtubers like OA than to a random forum poster.
Or has someone from the forums been invited to FD to get a preview of Odyssey? Before the release.
Why?

Its the ideas that matter, not who says it. YT and Twitch are there to promote and convince people to buy the game via is streamers.

Why?

Its the ideas that matter, not who says it. YT and Twitch are there to promote and convince people to buy the game via is streamers.
That's how it should be.
But at some point the "fame" adds also some weight to the argument, something random forum posters don't have and the "fame" gives more opportunities to argue, like the visit ar FD.

That's how it should be.
But at some point the "fame" adds also some weight to the argument, something random forum posters don't have and the "fame" gives more opportunities to argue, like the visit ar FD.
Only an idiot would feel 'fame' makes a certain idea better.

The visit to FD was to see if what FD had made chimed with the streamers audiences, and to promote it.

How come you and a couple others are so "defensive" every flippin' time someone mentions the war?
War? There was a war? Wow!

I just find it fascinating how hero worship works... I'm sure there was a chancellor around 90 years ago who also had followers believe them with their polemic... (and that was in the days before the internet!)

Top Bottom