Is it possible to earn a billion credits , when he owns a fleet carrier?

This question is to the Frontier makers of Elite Dangerous,

I ask this question because I donnot feel the game is designed for players to have this goal of earning a billion credits.
I also donnot want my friend always looking for something that he cannot find.
soo,

Because i know if players are doing the CG , or the POWERPLAYS, or the trading...

we really only have time to do one...

But my friend has a fleet carrier...and is trying to get a billion cr...

thanks frontier..

This question is to the Frontier makers of Elite Dangerous,

I ask this question because I donnot feel the game is designed for players to have this goal of earning a billion credits.
I also donnot want my friend always looking for something that he cannot find.
soo,

Because i know if players are doing the CG , or the POWERPLAYS, or the trading...

we really only have time to do one...

But my friend has a fleet carrier...and is trying to get a billion cr...

thanks frontier..
5 nights at Robigo Mines doing passenger runs = 1 Billion easy

O7

🙄 These strenge replies above me...

I think the answer you are looking for is: No.
A FC will not add (according to my knowledge) a way to earn credits faster than you could with normal ships. And it doesn't add a playing technique to earn 1 Billion credits in a reasonable time that would also work w/o a FC.

Last edited:
FC owners can make Cr by parking in a supply system for a GC paying people to load their FCs. Then jump near GC delivery and sell the goods at a profit. 10k profit on 20k tons is 200 million credits for not a lot of active work. Not faster than making profit for normal ships but you can do other stuff at the same time while generating that profit passively in a way you can't do without an FC.

FC owners can also stock and sell rare commodities which you can't do from your ship.

CG was mentioned from Threadopener already and where is the difference in stocking rares on a FC compar3d to a Cutter. Yes more, but takes longer or where is the missing step for me, that makes the FC more worth?

Definitely yes. Once you own the fleet carrier, just carry on as normal. If you earned enough credits for the carrier in the first place, the credits will keep coming in.

Essentially, to earn 1bil when you have a FC, you do the same thing you did to buy it divided by 5. Hope this help.

Joke aside, FC opens new ways for trading and mining mostly (for credit making). You can buy cheap somewhere and sell expensive elsewhere, but now with a 500ly range, which beats every non FC ship around. You can mine somewhere, deliver it to your carrier, conveniently parked next to the belt, and then move to where it's the most profitable to sold. Something a full mining ship will struggle to do.

Trading CG are usually good opportunities, but I know people find lucrative trading with Agronomic treatment, and some minerals from one station to another. You also have the good old 50mil "mining" mission (which are, in reality, more trading missions), where you deliver some amount of ore. Those ones are wing mission, so you can even join your friend and get money to.
They can be find in "expansion" and perhaps "boom", I think, system. May need to max your reputation with the faction.
Burnout? :p
After i finally funded my Carrier, i had to take a break for a few Months. Even now i only log in every few Months to fill it with Credits
That's why I did the smart. I had 7bil when I bought it, kept 1bil for myself/outfiting it, and 1bil for the maintenance cost. No need to pump credit in it for a while ! i'm still running on the initial investment, thanks to some odd trading when I'm too bored to unload the rest of the CG stuff^^

Also, I'd like to thank my good friend Hudson for giving me a few bil to destroy democracy. People say freedom have no price, but to me it was roughly 4bil, apparently.

Last edited:
Buying Agronomic Treatment as a Carrier owner is a credit making machine, all with virtually no bother or hassle at all. There are lots of stations with a relatively small number of AT units for sale at around 200 credits per tonne. You can often take a stations entire stock in a Cobra or T6 for peanuts and just store them on your Carrier as you find them all whilst doing other things.

Add to that the larger stock piles at a particularly good price for the number held, still something you can consume totally within a few T9/Cutter runs, and you’ll soon find you have several thousand tonnes of stock that can be sold for more than 30’000 credits per tonne profit.

Mining for one type of metal/mineral is also a thing of the past as you can store lesser materials and simply sell when you’ve amassed a worthwhile stockpile.

Once you have a Carrier you actively have to avoid making credits to not make a fortune on your fortune. It’s why a Carrier owner will only mine tritium if they absolutely have to (being out in the Black) or, for some reason, really really want to.

Its not all about making credits efficiently though, it just makes life a bit easier and means you can do several things at once.

Considering the fact that a FC costs 5 billion Cr., I wonder if this question is based on a translation error..
For example, in German, "eine Billion" means "a trillion" in English, which is a common mistake for German native speakers with bad English skills.
In that case: Yes, it is possible to make a trillion credits, there are people on Inara who did this. It is also 200 times as much as a FC costs, but when the FC is used to make money e.g. on mining sites, one can probably have it much faster than 200 times the duration it took to grind the FC.

CG was mentioned from Threadopener already and where is the difference in stocking rares on a FC compar3d to a Cutter. Yes more, but takes longer or where is the missing step for me, that makes the FC more worth?
FC makes it possible to repeatedly pick up rares to store in the carrier, then fully load a Cutter or Anaconda to go sell them. Without the FC, you can't buy any more once you have any in your ship.

It is necessary to perceive FC as the final content. The ceiling facilitates earnings, but does not guarantee passive income or fabulous amount.

does seem like the title is off, your pal already has a carrier.

if you were to read all the posts regarding the original desires of getting carriers and understand why so many multi-billionaires, large fleet owners wanted carriers.
Then you might see that many thousands of us made and make so much money just playing, that a carrier would be a nice thing to have, to spend our excess, to place our fleets on.

Point being that if all a person did was grind aka WORK in ED to get the credits to buy a carrier, then he/you did it wrong.
And as I have happily told so many, no actual game play = very little experience, knowledge or skill and no idea how so many of us make so much credits with next to no effort.
Then losing the carrier.
Learn the game, find out why this works for so many of us and equals total fail for so many others.
The game existed long before carriers and did not need the carrier. The Carrier is to me, a bonus reward and came with many surprises.

Are all of you who replied makers of ED?
Even ends with "thanks frontier".

Just saying.
I think it's taken for granted here that if OP posts something "to Frontier" in the forum, he's also inviting comments on it from other forum users. Otherwise he could just send them an email, and have more chance of them actually reading it.

Top Bottom