Elite Dangerous: Cyber Monday 2021 Event is LIVE

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 182079

D
The irony there is after playing in Odyssey for the last few months, I had to nip back into Horizons for some matierals gathering, and honestly... my Thargoid string lights lit up my cockpit like Vegas during a power surge.

As to the paint jobs, I've gotten more or less used to them at this point. The exceptions to me seem to be any iridescent paint jobs like the Azure, or metallic ones like chrome, which now look just flat and dull. I'd love those fixed, but then I remember the current to-do list in Odyssey and while I still want them fixed (@ObiW is right, they cost money after all) I'd rather several (dozen) other things were fixed first like teeny landing pad HUDs, floating blips on the ground radar, and the @#$@# bookmarking system which decides that EVERYTHING I bookmark is a system and not a settlement, body, or port.

That said - in terms of this sale... I thought all ship kits were 50% off? How come the raider ones are still full whack?!?!?!
I'm getting all too self aware over becoming some kind of Rubbernuke of paintjobs, but as I said before it's the principle that bothers me about this entire issue and more specifically how it's been handled so far.

If they had acknowledged it proactively from the beginning stating that they're behind with updating the paintjob properties, with a clear schedule when what gets fixed, I'd be a lot more forgiving, but alas ... and I know exactly what you mean in terms of the metallic effect - it's actually the opposite with MNB i.e. they should be matte, but are semi-gloss now (and less dark) - or another example, the Chromed (soon on sale, hey!) PJ for the Phantom does no longer align with the shipkit in terms of tone/reflectiveness, so it just looks like tacked on pieces of Lego really, it's quite distracting.

The Chromed + ship kit combination would've been around 18,000 Arx or so iirc, let's say about 13 Euros in real money terms. That's half of what Odyssey is currently on sale for on Steam, just to put it into perspective a little.

Btw, those Raider kits were on sale during the Halloween sale - but they're also the ones that cause the aforementioned hard point firing issues (I can confirm this with the Cobra 3 Raider kit - an otherwise excellent kit I will add - and someone else mentioned the Krait 2 kit suffering from the same).

And don't get me wrong, if it was a binary choice between "fixing paintjobs" over "fixing performance", the latter always wins, but since FDev can churn out new skins on a weekly basis and I very much doubt that the artists responsible for cosmetics are also working on performance optimisation, I don't think it's an either/or situation here.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Are the development team working on addressing outstanding, high priority issues for Elite Dangerous Horizons and Odyssey, despite the release of store content?
  • Yes, 10000%. Promise.
    • We're all still working toward Update 9, targetting early December release as previously stated - so watch this space for news on that as soon as it comes in. I'm really excited actually."
My question is, are Frontier even remotely working on the console editions? If it has taken a great many months to fail to fully resolve the issues on the PC, then can console players expect to be eventually told that Odyssey has been canned for them?

I honestly do not expect Frontier to be able to pull off Odyssey on the old base consoles. Considering the poor feedback across high end PC players, even the Series X and PS5 could struggle unless Frontier actually optimise their game enough to run smoothly - and sadly Frontier have no word on even working on the next gen consoles.

Deleted member 182079

D
Stygiannuke has a nice ring to it.
If we go down that route then... MidnukeBlack perhaps.... the Stygians are fine, it's predominantly the two dozen MNB paints I purchased (but there's plenty more) that I have beef with in EDO. They still look as badarx as ever in Horizons.

improving the custom colour design layout interface.no fancy! just the colours. That way it won't tax the servers too much, and people can still see your colour design has they have the same interface. using HSV or RGB colours

Greetings Commanders!

Happy Monday...CYBER MONDAY no less and there's a familiar treat in store.

View attachment 277487

Swooping in to join the fleet of Black Friday offerings from last week, some absolute favourites have arrived - 'STYGIAN' paint jobs for all ships and vehicles are now LIVE as part of our Cyber Monday event.

For our Cyber Monday event we have:
  • Stygian Paint Jobs for all ships/vehicles (here until December 3rd).

As a recap to last week...

For our Black Friday event we have the following on offer until December 3rd:
  • A 50% discount on Ship Kits.
  • A 25% discount on Suit Customisation.
  • The release of Midnight Black Paint Jobs for all ships/vehicles.

FAQ:

I was really hoping for Midnight Black and Stygian customisation options for my Commander/Fleet Carrier/Weapons. Can we expect these some time?

• It was great to see how many of you wanted the Midnight Black paint jobs across as many customisation options as possible in game. Thoughts have absolutely been passed on, so never say never, they're just not something to expect during this present event period.
My Midnight Black paint jobs look more on the 'grey' side in Odyssey compared to Horizons. Is this a known issue?
  • Noted. With the new lighting systems introducted in game, we're naturally still seeing instances of mismatch on paint job colours between Horizons and Odyssey. We'll continue to take note of the main offenders and discuss tweaks as we go, to bring colour matches as close as possible where we can and when possible.
Are the development team working on addressing outstanding, high priority issues for Elite Dangerous Horizons and Odyssey, despite the release of store content?
  • Yes, 10000%. Promise.
    • We're all still working toward Update 9, targetting early December release as previously stated - so watch this space for news on that as soon as it comes in. I'm really excited actually.
    • Once again, thank you all for the conversations we have here in the forums in narrowing down harder on main offending issues.
      • We continue to be on the case, but this thread won't be a place to get answers about their progress. I'm trying to keep the feedback channels as narrow as possible, for productivity sake.
How are the team working on addressing outstanding, high priority issues for Elite Dangerous Horizons and Odyssey at the same time as making content for the store?
  • Developers focused on store content are a subset in skill all of their wonderful own. We are not taking time away from core code, for example, to bring such things to the game today.
    • We would also not expect the creatives behind store content to fix such things as core code issues either - again, subset skills - Just trying to be as transparant for you as possible with this o7

Have a fantastic day, Commanders o7!
Another week ahead.
Hi Sally,
Are we getting the X-mass ARX giveaway like last X-mass this year???

Gutted.

Wanted that red stygian for my courier, but when I got in, it was all over. Stupid time zone difference.

Will these be returning? I didn't have any money to spare while they were available unfortunately. They're absolutely gorgeous and I'd like to buy more than one.

That's such B S. They have all these crappy paint jobs up year round. Finally put something up that looks half decent and it's gone in a day.

I'm tired of spending real money on your crap Frontier.

That's such B S. They have all these crappy paint jobs up year round. Finally put something up that looks half decent and it's gone in a day.

I'm tired of spending real money on your crap Frontier.
Scarcity creates demand, one of the basic rules of commerce. You have timed event cosmetics in pretty much every game I know that has an ingame shop with cosmetic items. In some games they never return. In ED they return at least yearly.

You're right of course. I missed out and I'm salty about it. Sorry for the rant.

It would have been nice to see on the store itself that these items were only available for a limited time (or perhaps I missed that too). I really don't spend all that much time on these forums and didn't see this announcement until after the fact.

Just another W T F moment in my ED experience ... (there have been so many more of these since Odyssey released)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom