Engineers Pin an experimental effect

Please, pretty please....why not?

Simple because using remote workshop you can't apply the experimental effect so it doensn´t make a sense

You pin a blueprint because you want do, or complete one of the in your orbital space base otherwise you should go to the engeneer for each modification

Maybe so - but it makes a HECK of a lot of sense at a material traders. That way I actually know what I am looking for rather than just jumping on INARA. The pinned materials show on the right UI panel with a key next to them and they show in the remote workshop panels, so if you pinned an experimental you'd know which mats you need to trade for...even if you coolant fabricate the change there.

Would like that as well. Without experimental effects pinned blueprints are much less useful.

If you want to do a lot of engineering, have a look at my signature. Built a tool where you get an overview about all required materials based on the mods you want to apply.

Maybe so - but it makes a HECK of a lot of sense at a material traders.
Yes. I really like the remote workshop feature (I live out in Colonia, how else am I going to upgrade my fleet?) but it does mean that there needs to be some other in-game reference than pinned blueprints for what blueprints actually need.

Yeah. I would like to see pinning to see required materials separated from pinned to enable remote engineering.

I’m fine with only being to pin one recipe for remote engineering but would it would be so much better if I could pin any recipes I have unlocked to remote see the material requirements in game. Hate having to leave the game to find stuff!

Please???

Yes. I really like the remote workshop feature (I live out in Colonia, how else am I going to upgrade my fleet?)
Exactly, my case with my Colonia fleet. Currently I'm having to upgrade certain mods with the effects and then transporting them to Colonia which is a giant pain in the butt...

Look at it this way, engineers are like bakers, they don't mind showing you how to bake that yellow cake, and will even give you the recipie for it. However, if you want that double fudge choclate icing goodness on it well, that's a family secret, and you'll have to go back to his bakery to have him make it and spread it on.

Simple because using remote workshop you can't apply the experimental effect so it doensn´t make a sense

You pin a blueprint because you want do, or complete one of the in your orbital space base otherwise you should go to the engeneer for each modification

Yes, of course you do. However, not everyone likes to pop out to INHARA to see what mats you need to BRING to the engineer so you can complete you desired upgrade. Another thing is the fact that you want to change an engineered module that you either don't have the pinned recipe for or a secondary module that the engineer has that you can't pin because you already have pinned another recipe for that engineer.

I get that you use the pinned recipe to finish the mod away from the engineer (not really, but we'll roll with that for now) but why isn't there an in game way to view recipes so that you know what to gather. This game practically demands that you go to a web site so that you can plan your gameplay. Shameful and lazy if you ask me and it is had gone on for way too long.

Sorry, but I will skip on realism in favor of game design for this one. Jumping over half the bubble everytime you want your experimentals changed is a chore and adds nothing to the game.

Fair enough, but they could at least make sure you know what you will need. Having the ability to sort mats requirements by (known) effect sought seems fine.

Of course, one could, you know, write it down when visiting the engineer. Personally I've never felt the need to visit INARA, but rather I use my note pad on my desk. Lots of useful info in there, some that is even up-to-date!

:D S

Maybe so - but it makes a HECK of a lot of sense at a material traders. That way I actually know what I am looking for rather than just jumping on INARA.

exactly. it makes absolutely no sense that you don't have in-game info for magic recipes, all of them or at least those who you already visited.

but, you know, internet will not exist in the 4th millenium anymore.

the only sense this makes is ... that inara already exists and kindly does the job for frontier. and thus we thrive.

Top Bottom