Pinned blueprints - Experimental Effect

That would certainly be make things easier, but was intentionally not implemented, I think so the engineer locations won't be ignored after unlocking a favourite upgrade.

These experimental effects were a random bonus at the release of engineers, you had no control of getting one unless you tried again and again, paying with a much more limited amount of materials. Later you had to pay with reputation to guarantee a special upgrade.
Compared to that, the current system is very convenient already.

Last edited:
That would certainly be make things easier, but was intentionally not implemented, I think so the engineer locations won't be ignored after unlocking a favourite upgrade.

These experimental effects were a random bonus at the release of engineers, you had no control of getting one unless you tried again and again, paying with a much more limited amount of materials. Later you had to pay with reputation to guarantee a special upgrade.
Compared to that, the current system is very convenient already.

There is no point to waste players time. if you Pin certain blueprint all experimental effects should be pinned also.

It forces commanders to revisit the Engineers so they aren't just a visit-once forget feature plus it is also lore compliant with the notion that the Engineers are offering a unique 'off the books' service. I personally see no need to change it as it is not burdensome if you plan your engineering trips correctly imho.

CMDR Justinian Octavius

There is no point to waste players time. if you Pin certain blueprint all experimental effects should be pinned also.

Be vary about what you wishes for. you could have to travel to each engineer to do any engineering.

I believe the current system is a good trade off of usability and time spent.

Experimental effect is something special.

Would be great when pinned blueprint also contains all Experimental Effects. That woul be great upgrade.

Are you referring to being able to apply an experimental effect from a pinned blueprint at a remote workshop or just the ability to see what materials are required to buy an experimental effect?

While I wouldn’t get rid of the requirement to visit the engineer to buy an experimental effect, I would appreciate the ability to see what materials are required before I visit. Your inventory panel can be filtered to see what materials you have for pinned blueprints but it doesn’t show you experimental effects.

I use Inara.cz to look at experimental effects and if I have the required mats to purchase but it would be nice to have that in ED as well.

Top Bottom